Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 30, 2012, 11:15 PM
They call me Crash!
Discussion

5 watt led on 4 cell

I'm looking for advice to hook up a 5 watt led spot light to my quad.

How would you fellas wire this up so I can power it along with attach it to a receiver so I can switch it on and off.

Thanks
Dan

PS...I'm using a 4 cell set up would like to wire it up so I just use the one lipo for all.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:27 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
What's the LED's voltage rating? You could directly power it off the lipo if you wire it in series with a resistor of an adequate value, but its brightness would change a bit as the pack's voltage fluctuates due to motor loads and such.

You could also probably use a voltage regulator of some sort to keep it steady. That could feed power into a receiver-controlled switch so you can switch it on and off.
Oct 04, 2012, 01:36 PM
Dark Yet??
Post the data sheet for your 5w LED and I can tell you the best way to wire it. At 5W a regulator system will waste a lot of power from a 14v source.

The Hobby King receiver controlled switch would work to turn it on and off.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8833