This thread is privately moderated by stevesak, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
Trader Rating: 8
Thread OP
For Sale

Six Very Special Engines - Worth a Look

Hi Folks,

I've been doing too much purchasing lately, and should probably thin the herd a bit. As such, I have six very special engines for sale. They are the following:

1. NIB OS FS-120 Surpass SP -- Supercharged four stroke. Never mounted, never ran, never fueled, never ... The bottom of the box is shot. It looks like it got wet, but everything inside is immaculate. Instructions, Valve adjusters, needle valve, muffler, header pipe, and woodruff key are all still in the plastic. (So is the engine). The instructions and Valve adjuster kit are still sealed. (Staples on the others have been removed). This is a rare find indeed. $700

2. NIB OS FS-120 First Generation -- It has the separated rocker boxes, like a Saito. Inside the box are the instructions, muffler, tools, valve kit, decals, mounting hardware and a second prop washer (the 4 bolt washer is installed). Wheras the muffler is indeed new and unused, I see what looks like some shelf wear on it. It still looks nice, just has a bunch of tiny little scratches on it. *edit* (Come to think of it, the muffler was not included with this engine... just the header pipe included in the photo... the muffler must be after market... it is still new, however, and an added extra!)*edit* The engine is perfect. Never mounted, used, fueled, abused, run, or anything. It's a gem. $400

3. NIB Saito FA-90T -- This one is, again, in perfect condition. Never run, never fueled, never mounted, never a wrech on the prop nut, etc.. The bos doesn't have any foam , but included are some tools, wires, left and right exhaust stack, clamps for muffler extenders, and mounting hardware (no instructions). Everything is still sealed in the plastic. $400

4. OS Gemini 150 Twin -- The epitome of new, never run, mounted, fueled, touched with a tool.. (you know the drill, its NEW). It has the outer box, the inner shiny black box (in perfect condition) and everything that should be there, still sealed in the plastic. Serial numbers on the outer box, inner box and engine, all match of course. $750

...and now the used ones...

5. A Saito FA-100T - This one looks to be in excellent shape. Delivered as pictured, with actual saito mufflers for the headers attached. It is in the box, but no other accessories or manual is provided. There is a printout of the instructions included. $375

6. An old Saito FA-80T with detachable head. All modern Saitos integrate the head and the cylinder into one casting. The very early ones had a bolt on head (like the open rocker engines and some early smaller models). Comes as pictured, with the aluminum spinner. Nothing more than what you see in the photo... no box, instructions or anything else.... $350

I figured I'd list these here before they go over to ebay. I'll be around to answer questions, take additional photos and make transactions until September 7. I will not be available from Sept 8-16, however. I'll probably list them at auction after the 16th. Don't miss your chance. I have some very rare samples here!

Thanks for looking,
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Closed Account
do you want to trade my os 120 towards your superchaged motor and some cash
Aug 30, 2012, 10:45 PM
Thread OP
I'm not in need of a 120 right now. I'm mainly thinning out my Twins and Large single cylinder engines. The SP motor is awesome... It just doesn't fit into my collection. I know I'll regret it later... :-)

I am looking for several motors and can/will trade for them. Some engines that I'm interested in are:

Vintage outboards, like the Sea Furies, Atwoods, Fujis, Amps, or any of the Maciag Outboards (Clarke, Clarke Twin, Elto Cub or Indian Arrow).

Others I'm looking for include:
Hiness Arrow or 5 Cylinder two stroke
Robart R-780
Saito FA-325 r5d
OS Sirius 7 Cyl
Damo Twin
Jupiter Twin
Turbo Craft Fan Jet
Inline profi
Brittish magnum 3 Cyl

I'll also be listing 4 of my radials soon, including:
New UMS Seidel ST735
Morton M5
Old used Saito 5 Cyl
Saito 170r3 (used)
And a bunch of other smaller engines too.
Last edited by stevesak; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
Aug 31, 2012, 04:17 AM
Trader Rating: 256
Hey stevesak, send me a PM and I can hook you up with a friend that has many of the vintage outboards you are looking for. I'm not sure what he might sell but it's worth a phonecall. His cabinets in his shop have many lines of single and twin vintage engine ob's, and they are all mint and read to run.... Shoo
Aug 31, 2012, 09:59 AM
Trader Rating: 67
The Damo you seek Steve are one of the finest ever made but extremely rare and hard to find.
Here are some photos of mine.
I also like the British Magnum engines, the only one I have is the 91 single.

Bill
Aug 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
Hi Bill! Yes, that Damo is a beauty indeed! There's another similar one, which has some special characteristics where I think the camshaft also drives the ignition... I can't think of the name off-hand... It's on the tip of my tongue... That one would also be a nice one to have. The magnum looks nice! I've the Vee twin in my collection, and have only seen 2-3 if the 3 cylinders... If I recall, aren't you collecting small 4-strokes as well? If you don't have one, I'll be taking delivery of what looks like a NIB Enya 40-4c open rocker very soon, and I already have one. Maybe you'd be interested? (it would look nice next to your Kalt)

Shoo, I'll send you a PM now...
Aug 31, 2012, 11:58 PM
Trader Rating: 68
Dont mean to clutter up your thread, but this is borderline smut! More pics please while I go buy some lotto tickets!

Mendo
Sep 01, 2012, 08:24 AM
Trader Rating: 67
I have 3 or 4 of the Enya open rocker Steve but most are flying something. Could be interested in a NIB one for sure.
Can we have a photo of the Morton PLEASE!

Bill
Sep 16, 2012, 04:05 PM
Thread OP
Here are a few more photos of the 100T for someone who is interested.
Sep 16, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thread OP
And a photo of the Morton, because Bill asked. $1200 for this one.

Quick Reply