Jun 16, 2015, 12:19 PM
OK thanks - I guess I'll just have to experiment, and buy a cheap laptop otherwise it will be a long process.

I have another question, please. I have Input 7 set up as the input to enable 'I Adjust Heading Lock'. The default values for all axes are 0.000 - is the Heading lock function always inactive at the default? If I set the values to 0.01 as suggested in the manual and send to the gyro, when I read it back the values are back at 0.000. Is this working correctly?

The saved text file shows these values:

RTIgainX : 0.01
RTIgainY : 0.01
RTIgainZ : 0.01

Firmware version 3.41

Dave
Last edited by ogg2000; Jun 16, 2015 at 01:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2015, 04:42 PM

GreatPlanes F1 Rocket Maiden w/ Ice-man Gyro

Just recorded the maiden flight of the F1 Rocket with the Ice-Man gyro (and Bluelight-tech isolation switch) today. Check it out:
GreatPlanes F1 Rocket Evo Maiden Flight (9 min 56 sec)

Flies very well. I'm using the gyro really more as a controller here, but its good to have it for take-off and to switch it on as needed in windy conditions for extra stability.
It comes in very fast, but room for improvement on the landings!

Gyro gains set to:
Pitch (x): 4.3
Roll: (y): 4.7
Yaw: (z) 8.4

Steve
Jun 21, 2015, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogg2000
.. when I read it back the values are back at 0.000. Is this working correctly?

Dave
This sounds right, since you're not setting the I value as a fixed static value (as you would if you did this from the Prof1 tab page). It is only set temporarily. Note also that it will be reset back to 0 when the sticks are moved away from central, unless you use the special firmware v3.5 which removes this resetting for the yaw. (See a previous post on this forum on this subject)
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Jun 21, 2015, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassel
Just recorded the maiden flight of the F1 Rocket with the Ice-Man gyro (and Bluelight-tech isolation switch) today.

Steve
Looks good. Could try some flaperons to slow down the landing speed..
Jun 22, 2015, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassel
Just recorded the maiden flight of the F1 Rocket with the Ice-Man gyro (and Bluelight-tech isolation switch) today. Check it out:
https://youtu.be/xWuu8y0YWN4
Flies very well. I'm using the gyro really more as a controller here, but its good to have it for take-off and to switch it on as needed in windy conditions for extra stability.
It comes in very fast, but room for improvement on the landings!

Gyro gains set to:
Pitch (x): 4.3
Roll: (y): 4.7
Yaw: (z) 8.4

Steve
Steve you coming in much to fast , slow down earlier
Jun 23, 2015, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
This sounds right, since you're not setting the I value as a fixed static value (as you would if you did this from the Prof1 tab page). It is only set temporarily. Note also that it will be reset back to 0 when the sticks are moved away from central, unless you use the special firmware v3.5 which removes this resetting for the yaw. (See a previous post on this forum on this subject)
Ok thanks for the reply

Dave
Jun 23, 2015, 11:43 AM
Yes, I need to come in slower. Didn't want to come in too slow on the Maiden flight, but will try to slow it down from further out.
Aug 26, 2015, 09:13 AM
FYI..
BL-3GRC Flight Gyro Review - RCTESTFLIGHT (4 min 12 sec)
Feb 23, 2016, 12:29 PM

Support

Still here for support if needed ...
Feb 23, 2016, 02:46 PM
sorry. Wrong thread.
Apr 14, 2016, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
Still here for support if needed ...
I cannot seem to get an output on pin 6.
I need to reverse the rudder. I have tried to revere the servo with the ticks on start,basic, and advanced1 pges. nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions?
Apr 20, 2016, 01:14 PM
We've replied via mail, are you ok now or still having issues?
Apr 28, 2016, 08:20 PM
i never got the emai.
I still have issues. The output on pin 6 is frozen. It is unusable
Last edited by dirtybird; Apr 29, 2016 at 08:36 AM.
Apr 29, 2016, 01:49 PM
We will replace the unit, please send us a mail...
May 06, 2016, 12:41 PM
I sent you a private message with my address

Quick Reply