Jun 18, 2013, 02:33 PM
An unexpected error occurred
Re-did the procedure for the trim with the new settings from the last flight.
Also applied a curve with more expo on roll, so now it should be about right.
Just an idea, but would it be feasible to add buttons on the gyro unit so one could to this auto setting of ranges and trim without connecting to a pc (on the field)?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
I have not followed all the thread lately, but are there other places to get the bluelight that are not on the chart?
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/gyroLINKS.html
Jun 19, 2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
I have not followed all the thread lately, but are there other places to get the bluelight that are not on the chart?
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/gyroLINKS.html
We're working to try to get into more RC stores world wide, right now for US it's only Amazon via Xflight technologies (but good support is available from Xflight). You can check progress from here: BL-3GRC distribution
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Jun 25, 2013, 02:26 PM
foamy? no foam-u
hello imp icemanpro,
just to clarify, (as i can be slow) when on the "productsgyros.htm" page on your website the 3grc and the 3gmod are the same thing except for the case? the 3gmod says "same h/w and f/w as above", so i ASS-U-ME (i know i shouldn't) you get the gold plated wires, printed manual and quickstart sheet with the 3gmod unit and the 11g difference in weight is the case?
the 3grc description says "(32 bit mode on 64 bit m/c)", in typical computer geek speak that would tell me it would run on 64bit architecture but, in 32 bit mode ie... program files (x86) assuming "m/c" means mode/computer, which it may not since that doesn't sound like typical micro/gates/bill/soft/geek/speak [if incorrect please see 'slow' disclaimer above] and the 3gmod unit only works on 32bit architecture?
if any or all of the assumptions above are correct then why is amazon thru xflight tech want $90 for the 3gmod unit and digikey wants $118 for the 3gmod unit if they are the same thing when the 3gmod unit may not come with the wires, case and printed manual but the 3drc unit which in fact comes with everything is only $69 at amazon. this is what really makes it difficult to believe they are the same EXCEPT, on your website they are the same price, i guess because you state they are the same thing. (except for the 32bit thing) additionally, you have to be one of the few manufacturers that sells at or less than their reseller's price. most seem to jack up the price to get you to buy from their resellers. you and eagle tree systems are the only two that come to mind, kind of ironic. i applaud your company. fwiw.

thanks,
foamer_simpson
(beer foam)

EDIT - can the 3grc unit be removed from the case to save the 11 grams?
Last edited by foamer_simpson; Jun 25, 2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: my perogative
Jun 25, 2013, 11:24 PM
The BL-3Gmod has two functions: (1) It is intended as an evaluation platform for engineers designing sensor products in general (2) for RC use it can be used inside aircraft such as foam flying wing to easily embed into the aircraft. (This is why I sell at the same price as BL-3GRC). They are identical in terms of h/w and in terms of f/w they can run. (BL-3GMod data sheet gives more information about programming the gyro chip registers). Price variations are due to the BL-3GMod volumes being much smaller than BL-3GRC

m/c simply means machine. In fact they can both be operated in 32 bit mode on 64 bit machines, since they use the same PC software. (Have corrected the website)

Yes you can remove the BL-3GRC from its case, take care then to connect the cables with ground on the outside of the PCB. In it's naked state the BL-3GRC is exactly the same as the BL-3GMod :-)
Last edited by IceManPro; Jun 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM.
Jul 08, 2013, 07:29 AM
RAVI KOTHARI
Hi,
Am about to purchase this unit for my Kingtech K 100 Powered Turbinator Turbine Jet, and have the following questions, i am sure all of this is probably covered in the manual, but nevertheless.
My Setup is as follows
1) Single Channel Aileron Drives both using a Y
2) 2 Elevator servos for the elevator
3) Single Rudder Servo

Questions
1) I am using a Powerbox With 2 Lipo Batteries for power, will i need a separate Power Source for the Gyro
2) Is this unit Capable of powering adequately Hi-torq digital Servos
3) Are there any installations of this units on Turbine RC jets?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ravi
Jul 08, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hi Ravi,

I don' t see any problems. The BL-3GRC can pass through over 3A of current, this should be enough for most high torque multi servos aircraft. The gyro only needs a 5v (typically) supply and 45mA current so very little. If your servo requirements are higher you can always give the servos a separate supply, and not pass current through the gyro (details of how to do this are shown in the manual). We don't always get to know what airplanes our customers are are installing in, but to my knowledge I don't know of one in a turbine jet. If you go ahead would be nice to see the results.
Aug 04, 2013, 02:11 PM
I am having difficulty with the update to firmware 3.0. When I plug in the USB, I hear the computer chime and the software recognizes the gyro. I then proceed to the upgrade tab, and click on the "Launch Upgrade" button. Another window opens, and I hear the computer chime as it releases the USB connection. It then chimes again, but the software never sees the connection to the gyro. I have tried on two different laptop PC's with the same results. Is it supposed to release and re-aquire the USB network when swithing to the "Launch Upgrade" window?

it would be a guess on my part, but it feels like a software bug. Has anyone else had this issue? I am in the process of switching back to Ver 2.4 so I can make changes in the new gyro. I really need the features in 3.0 as I need to pass through the right aileron channel.

thanks,

Mike
Last edited by easy riser; Aug 04, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
Aug 05, 2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy riser
I am having difficulty with the update to firmware 3.0. When I plug in the USB, I hear the computer chime and the software recognizes the gyro. I then proceed to the upgrade tab, and click on the "Launch Upgrade" button. Another window opens, and I hear the computer chime as it releases the USB connection. It then chimes again, but the software never sees the connection to the gyro. I have tried on two different laptop PC's with the same results. Is it supposed to release and re-aquire the USB network when swithing to the "Launch Upgrade" window?

it would be a guess on my part, but it feels like a software bug. Has anyone else had this issue? I am in the process of switching back to Ver 2.4 so I can make changes in the new gyro. I really need the features in 3.0 as I need to pass through the right aileron channel.

thanks,

Mike
upgrading went smooth here to version 3.0, no problem
when i click on upgrade another window opens, and I hear the computer chime as it releases the USB connection. It then chimes again, then appears Gyro connected. in green color
Aug 09, 2013, 01:03 PM
Apprentice 15e

Unable to upgrade

I just got the ICEMAN BL-3G from Amazon. It came with version 2.4 of software and firmware. I wanted to upgrade firmware to 3.0, so I installed version 3.0 of the software.

With Gyro connectedm when I hit the green launch upgrade, I get an error that BLProgrammer.exe (not sure of the name) Application Failed to Initialize Properly (0xc0150002).

From my web search it seems that I am missing some kinda libraries, but I thought that this should be taken care while installing the PC software. The quick start guide mentions that it will install .net, if it is missing.

I am on Windows 8 64 bit.

Can IceMan Pro or someone else please help?

Thanks,
Aug 13, 2013, 09:28 PM
This is a tough one - it seems something missing on your windows set up or or something interfering with the running of the upgrade tool. You can try to install the following:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555
Aug 14, 2013, 08:46 PM
It might not be what manufacturers/sellers like to do... but maybe someone else has done it....
Is there any list doing a direct comparison of the BlueLight to the EagelTree Guardian?
Pros and cons... how they do things different.... in flight results/differences?

I have to look harder, but the BL doesn't seem to have Accelerometers. Guardian does. So I would think these add some extra capability/finesse to the sensing and thus results?
But I can see that other firmware/maths etc processing/calculation of what sensors you have, could still swing results either way. Let alone strategies and creative ideas.
Last edited by PeterVRC; Aug 14, 2013 at 08:52 PM.
Aug 14, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hmmm... I do see (and now recall) the BL has, ohhh, maybe 50 more details/functions than any other!(?)

PS: Bought one now, to see.... but it sounds highly detailed!!
Last edited by PeterVRC; Aug 14, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Aug 15, 2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Hmmm... I do see (and now recall) the BL has, ohhh, maybe 50 more details/functions than any other!(?)

PS: Bought one now, to see.... but it sounds highly detailed!!
Don't worry, you can always ask. Also worth checking out some past posts on this forum.
Aug 15, 2013, 01:00 AM
No Heading Hold? Due to no Accel? (Orange3X can do it with no Acc)

Quick Reply