Thread Tools
Mar 31, 2013, 06:42 AM
IceManPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot006
I checked that screen, my TX is Futaba 7C, looks fine, could be my wheel a little bit off from the rudder? if so should be corrected be the gyro to keep it straight instead of overshooting. and now I did also RC TX input matching. I will try it tomorrow.
Thanks.
I would suggest to correct the wheel first, but you can also try take-off mode. In this mode you can program in a much larger gyro gain on the Yaw during the take off run. When 30% full power is first detected the modified gain (up to x3 normal gain) will kick in for the programmed number of seconds. All rates set to 0 dps (degrees per second), but if you like you can also try to add a yaw rate to counter the wheel pulling the wrong way. As I said above though, I would certainly recommend to correct the wheel first.

Mark
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2013, 10:22 PM
IceManPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportflyer
I understand you are suggesting that I use the internal Flaperon functions for my Ailerons. This would reduce the number of connections from my receiver. Can I set Ail Diff in the 3-BLGRC itself?

How do I set a control so I can turn on and off the HH in 3 axis ? I was thinking of using RX Ch 8 into Ch 6 for this function . I would set Prof 2 Tab to activate the I Adjust (for Ch 6) and input .01 value for Roll , pitch and yaw ?

Tks
We will look into providing the Ail Diff function inside. For 3 axis HH you would need to select a value such as 0.01 for each axis from the Adv2 tab, then select an input channel on the right hand side such as ch6 to be able to switch it on and off.
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Apr 01, 2013, 03:59 AM
IceManPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
We will look into providing the Ail Diff function inside. For 3 axis HH you would need to select a value such as 0.01 for each axis from the Adv2 tab, then select an input channel on the right hand side such as ch6 to be able to switch it on and off.
Update: We will implement the Ail Diff function on V3.0
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Apr 01, 2013, 04:10 AM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
On the v3 update are you going to do a how to hook it up for quads
Apr 01, 2013, 05:18 AM
IceManPro's Avatar
Yes we will add more information into the user manual about this.
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Apr 01, 2013, 12:15 PM
sportflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
We will look into providing the Ail Diff function inside. For 3 axis HH you would need to select a value such as 0.01 for each axis from the Adv2 tab, then select an input channel on the right hand side such as ch6 to be able to switch it on and off.
Thank you .

What does the value .01 mean ? ie what happens if I chose different values?
Apr 01, 2013, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Can you tell me is it possible to use this stabilizer with 2 aileron inputs, like you use with flapperon enabled on your transmitter?
Apr 01, 2013, 06:42 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
Yes we will add more information into the user manual about this.
Thank you I'm going to go ahead and buy one have it on the way
Apr 01, 2013, 09:58 PM
IceManPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportflyer
Thank you .

What does the value .01 mean ? ie what happens if I chose different values?
This is the gain of the integrated rate. If for example you have a small aircraft with larger rudder then a small gain is needed, if you have the opposite a larger one.

Mark
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Apr 01, 2013, 10:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
I would suggest to correct the wheel first, but you can also try take-off mode. In this mode you can program in a much larger gyro gain on the Yaw during the take off run. When 30% full power is first detected the modified gain (up to x3 normal gain) will kick in for the programmed number of seconds. All rates set to 0 dps (degrees per second), but if you like you can also try to add a yaw rate to counter the wheel pulling the wrong way. As I said above though, I would certainly recommend to correct the wheel first.

Mark
OK, Thanks, I did better setup now where I can adjust the gain with my TX, it is better now.
one side note, I noticed when I was redoing my setup, and have the gyro in the plane and hooked up to the computer I would here the servos making fast moment every other minute is this normal? of course this happens without moving the plane, I have analog serves and I have setup as analog as well.
Apr 01, 2013, 10:17 PM
IceManPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPheli
Can you tell me is it possible to use this stabilizer with 2 aileron inputs, like you use with flapperon enabled on your transmitter?
Currently not possible, but we'll look into supporting it.
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Apr 01, 2013, 10:19 PM
IceManPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
Thank you I'm going to go ahead and buy one have it on the way
Ok, cool. For multi-copter make sure to use 400Hz capable ESC's. In fact many ESC's can accept up to 500Hz, our V3.0 solution will allow up to 500Hz operation.
Latest blog entry: BL-3G Independent review
Apr 01, 2013, 10:49 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
Ok, cool. For multi-copter make sure to use 400Hz capable ESC's. In fact many ESC's can accept up to 500Hz, our V3.0 solution will allow up to 500Hz operation.
I use SimonK flashed esc's
Apr 01, 2013, 11:37 PM
sportflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
This is the gain of the integrated rate. If for example you have a small aircraft with larger rudder then a small gain is needed, if you have the opposite a larger one.

Mark
OK I understand. Can I make this gain adjustable in flight through a slider in the TX ?

Anyway I am intrigued enough to order one through Amazon. I will be installing it in the Reactor Biplane .
Apr 02, 2013, 09:05 AM
sportflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro
Currently not possible, but we'll look into supporting it.
If you are going to support it for Ail , please also consider adding it for Elev. Thanks


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GPS - - Blue light off after 10 mins part141 Aerial Photography 11 Aug 09, 2012 11:54 PM
Help! Optima 9 RX blue LED won't light edge_pilot Hitec/Multiplex USA 6 Jul 15, 2012 06:34 PM
Gallery Cinestar 8 Gimbal Stability Test and Canon 7D low light test with the Tokina 11-16 HeliVids Aerial Photography 0 Jun 13, 2012 07:45 AM
Discussion GPS not working (blue light only blinks once) DesertDrones FPV Talk 3 Jun 12, 2012 10:37 PM