Nov 24, 2003, 12:52 PM
[intentionally blank]
Thread OP

Blue Cor replacement wing for slow stick

I made a slightly enlarged slowstick wing out of fan fold, used two halves of a CF arrowshaft for a mini-spar. It worked out really well.

I have so much of this FFF stuff I am thinking of other wings that will mount right on. The only requirement is that it be light and have a root size the same as the stock wing (so I can put the stock wing back on easily). I suppose I could add that it would be nice to keep it R/E rather than requiring ailerons.

Any ideas for different wing shapes? How about airfoil shapes - would a flatter or more undercambered wing work? What is the best way to create the airfoil? (On my first wing I slit the foam then put Probond into the slits and weighted down the foam over a PVC pipe. It created a somewhat peaky undercambered shape - but it still flies!)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2003, 03:40 PM
RIP "Long Shadow Flyer"
I have had a lot of fun playing with different wing shapes, and airfoils on a simple stick type plane. Airfoils are formed by cold rolling Bluecor around PVC pipe... The Polyhedril wings Glide better, and give longer flight times... check out this link
http://www.fototime.com/inv/C56A3A76139FEBD

Hope this helps
Carl
Nov 24, 2003, 08:14 PM
Believe it or not a flat plate wing works really good

Quick Reply