Does Anyone Build Balsa Model Airplanes From Kits Anymore? - Page 31 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Have you built a balsa plane from a kit in the last 12 months?
Yes 392 75.82%
No 125 24.18%
Voters: 517. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Mar 08, 2013, 10:05 PM
Registered User
RknRusty's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
It is great to see some many people still building. I certainly do enjoy building. Some people build to fly, I fly so I can build. Just wish I had more time and money to devote to buying kits and building them.

And I should note if anyone is interested in helping others in their locale build planes, we have a resource that can help instructors and students meet up. More info located here.

Frank
Bookmarked, thanks, Frank. I'm not a great builder but I am competent with my limited tools and resources.

I really do like flying CL more than building, but I am learning how to build a plane to fly right. And CL being what it is, I call it controlled panic with my fast 1/2As, you're always one flight away from needing to start a new build.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2013, 09:38 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
You are welcome. Believe it or not, we do not have any volunteers in your state yet.

Frank
Mar 09, 2013, 09:44 AM
Suspended Account
Frank, does one have to reside in a state to volunteer? With cell/phone sevive, e mail and apple talk it seems anything is better than nothing.
Mar 09, 2013, 10:34 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift
Frank, does one have to reside in a state to volunteer? With cell/phone sevive, e mail and apple talk it seems anything is better than nothing.
Yea, you make a great point. I guess one does not have to and if they volunteer I can state that in their pop up box. Although having someone local is definitely a benefit.

How do you think I can make that work on the map?

Frank
Mar 10, 2013, 01:03 AM
Suspended Account
Got me!
Mar 10, 2013, 06:39 AM
Airplane crasher
CapMike's Avatar
Frank pinn me on the map for South Western CT. I enjoy building and I used to do a build class at the Local Hobby Town until they cancled due to a lack of people coming in
Mar 11, 2013, 09:28 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike
Frank pinn me on the map for South Western CT. I enjoy building and I used to do a build class at the Local Hobby Town until they cancled due to a lack of people coming in
You got it Mike! Thanks for volunteering!

Frank
Mar 11, 2013, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
If you can figure out the pin thing, I'll be happy to be a virtual volunteer in another state!
Mar 11, 2013, 09:37 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
The only thing I can think of is listing your phone number in your text box and state that you can provide advice over the phone to anyone, anywhere, and the provide the time frame when you are available to do that. That is the best I can come up with.

Thoughts?

Frank
Mar 11, 2013, 09:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
The only thing I can think of is listing your phone number in your text box and state that you can provide advice over the phone to anyone, anywhere, and the provide the time frame when you are available to do that. That is the best I can come up with.

Thoughts?

Frank
Geez, Frank, I have not had a thought in years!

I'll volunteer in any capacity for my birth state, Mississippi!
Mar 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
Hey Frank you have me already on wattflyers but you can list me from RCG also. joe or road king 97
Mar 11, 2013, 07:43 PM
Registered User
Watts cooking's Avatar
Started my second CG anniversary addition cub last night. My first CG cub was an original kit i got from a friends dad that was probably as old as i am. This one is new stock from tower hobbies this will be a fun build i have a lot of fun ideas for it.
Mar 11, 2013, 08:55 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift
Geez, Frank, I have not had a thought in years!

I'll volunteer in any capacity for my birth state, Mississippi!
Awesome! Just let me know what town you are in and I will get you added to our map. And if you want to do the phone or text help, let me know your phone number as well.

Thanks for volunteering!

Frank
Mar 11, 2013, 08:58 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup
Hey Frank you have me already on wattflyers but you can list me from RCG also. joe or road king 97
Got you down for both Joe. Thanks!

On a side note, sure is hard to get any volunteers on Wattflyer. I had maybe 6 people. And I think there is about 100 regulars posting on that forum and all are electric flight pilots. I don't get it. I thought the majority of folks posting there would want to help out.

Frank
Mar 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
Got you down for both Joe. Thanks!

On a side note, sure is hard to get any volunteers on Wattflyer. I had maybe 6 people. And I think there is about 100 regulars posting on that forum and all are electric flight pilots. I don't get it. I thought the majority of folks posting there would want to help out.

Frank
You know, for some reason I just don't read that site any more. I used to go there a lot, but I don't any more. I have no reason why...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Does anyone have solid models of parts for Kestrel ornithopter or park hawk? unaranjo Ornithopters 3 Jun 29, 2012 04:00 PM
Discussion Does Anyone Paint With Dope Anymore? rctinman Painting and Finishing Tips 5 Jun 10, 2012 12:43 PM
Discussion Does Anyone Do Gas DF Anymore?? Ted61 Scratchbuilt EDFs 7 Apr 04, 2012 08:03 PM
Discussion Does anyone build anymore? maxpower Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 56 Sep 23, 2007 08:33 PM
Discussion Does anyone build stuff like this anymore? aerohydro Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 9 Jun 02, 2006 09:15 AM