Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
get high
Discussion

50mm F-22 w/GYRO, need info!

OK, who has one, and how does it handle with the gyro? Is it a 3 axis gyro?
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by savagelemur
I would be curious to know as well
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by FIREMAN243
I just received it 2 days ago. It looks like a 2 axis gyro...pitch and roll. The instructions are not so clear and I have never used/installed gyro before. So I hope someone here will tell me how to install. Not even sure if it came with all the correct parts.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by savagelemur
Update: I installed my gyro last night. I put it sideways for correct orientation, and I also had to bend the pins to get it to fit properly that way. Once hooked up it seems to function as it should, but it took a long time for the servos to return to center after the gyro made corrections. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I did something wrong, has anyone else seen this issue?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr

Gyro Configuration

Hi BLOWZILLA and fellow pilots! The gyro will require a bit of calibration in order to work as intended. Attached is a copy of the gyro's manual. Please feel free to download a copy for viewing. Also, in the most recent flight review, Pete thoroughly goes over the setup for the gyro. Please check it out! Thanks! -Seba

Flight Review:
BlitzRCWorks Mini F-35 EDF Jet w/ Gyro Flight Review! HD (21 min 46 sec)
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by bluemeane
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagelemur View Post
Update: I installed my gyro last night. I put it sideways for correct orientation, and I also had to bend the pins to get it to fit properly that way. Once hooked up it seems to function as it should, but it took a long time for the servos to return to center after the gyro made corrections. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I did something wrong, has anyone else seen this issue?
Any updates???? I ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to fly it!!!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi bluemeane! Please refer to my previous post above. I've also attached a copy of the gyro's manual. -Seba
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi bluemeane! Please refer to my previous post above. I've also attached a copy of the gyro's manual. -Seba
I don't have mine yet (Next week) I wanted to know how his first flight was
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hi bluemeane! Granted that the smaller scaled EDFs are bit more trickier to handle, the gyro should make the Mini F-22 unbelievably stable in which words cannot even begin to describe. You will have to iron out the proper pre-flight checks and test her out yourself! Just a reminder, be sure to test all electronics before you build. And of course, always perform a pre-flight check before any planned flight. Let me know how everything goes! Thanks! -Seba
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by dragon6g
I just installed an Eagle A3 3 axis on a 64mm EDF F-16. This gyro was only used for Ailerons and elevator but WOW! what a difference. Im very much a novice on the RC flying world just because I have never flown with anyone else. So my world has been limited to RTF warbirds and EDFs (and a lot of glue and broken dream) So I dont have a vast knowledge on this hobby.
The gyro installed in just a few minuets and required ZERO adjustments or anything. It was so easy. I am now planing on ordering the low dollar gyros from HK to go in all my planes.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:37 PM
I got my plane today however there is no gryo in the plane. Where is it supposed to be?? I looked in the plane and the box as well and it is no where to be found.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hi bluemeane! Please carefully check under the canopy and the inside of the jet's underbelly compartment. -Seba
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Hi bluemeane! Please carefully check under the canopy and the inside of the jet's underbelly compartment. -Seba
I looked in both those places. Not found yet What do I do?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
I sent an email to the service department department by way of your service page on the website.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
I have a couple other minor issues as well...

Here is what I sent to the support team (Haven't heard back yet but hope to do so tomorrow)

So I sent an email about missing the gyro earlier today (And I still can't find it anywhere in the box or plane) And so I started to put it together as I assumed I could do that until the gyro issue was resolved, and it seems as if the elevators have a curve to them. (I have pictures I can and will send when asked to do so) It is also missing 2 of the little hinges for them, there are a total of 6 rather than 8.

So to sum it up, great plane, shipped well considering no packing inside just taped to the box lol, but it is:

Missing: Gyro, and 2 of the hinges.
Bent and curved: The elevators.

Please advise.