Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Yep. Delete away
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:40 PM
valiantGLX is offline
Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
I don't believe I said you could put the paper towels in a glass...
You didn't say that it was not allowed either. The challenge simply states to land on an unwrapped roll of paper towels, which I completed with style

@ everyone:

To avoid similar disputes in the future please clarify in the initial challenge what exactly you want to see in order to secure a win. I also believe the revised rules should prevent such a thing happening again

And.. remember I am open to suggestions on bettering this thread, just about every suggestion so far has been incorperated into this thread
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
erdnuckel2 is offline
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Its not that I said anything important in my first post ... considering every challenge only has a "shelf life" that can be measured in hours, thinking about a deadline is moot ... who would complete "outdated" challenges anyway, right?? ... 'cause they are sooooooo yesterday ...
so I agree with whichwaysup ... delete away ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:55 PM
Brandigan is offline
Find More Posts by Brandigan
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
To avoid similar disputes in the future please clarify in the initial challenge what exactly you want to see in order to secure a win. I also believe the revised rules should prevent such a thing happening again
:
I think the revised rules will help, but making a challenge easier so it's not a.....umm, what's the word? Never mind.

Does it really need a list of don'ts? Hmmm...
No picking up the plane/quad/heli and carrying it around the room making "Bzzzz" noises?
No hanging it from bits of string and saying "I know you can't see the props moving, it's just an illusion caused by my weird camera and the lighting"

Keep it classy.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:16 PM
skitchen8 is offline
Find More Posts by skitchen8
Addict.
Personally I like a lack of rules... there's no prizes or anything like that so who really cares. It is all just for fun and showing off our skills, I wish I could participate but none of the challenges suit my setup with my non fpv onboard cam unfortunately.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:23 PM
djdavies83 is offline
Find More Posts by djdavies83
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
You don't need to actually "fly FPV", just record. I've managed to unearth one a numbe of AWOL 808 keychain cameras I have.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Personally I like a lack of rules... there's no prizes or anything like that so who really cares. It is all just for fun and showing off our skills, I wish I could participate but none of the challenges suit my setup with my non fpv onboard cam unfortunately.
Ding ding ding! These are not competitions, these are challenges to challange yourself. If this hobby is not just for fun then I must be in the wrong hobby.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
valiantGLX is offline
Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
I think the revised rules will help, but making a challenge easier so it's not a.....umm, what's the word? Never mind.

Does it really need a list of don'ts? Hmmm...
No picking up the plane/quad/heli and carrying it around the room making "Bzzzz" noises?
No hanging it from bits of string and saying "I know you can't see the props moving, it's just an illusion caused by my weird camera and the lighting"

Keep it classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Personally I like a lack of rules... there's no prizes or anything like that so who really cares. It is all just for fun and showing off our skills, I wish I could participate but none of the challenges suit my setup with my non fpv onboard cam unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Ding ding ding! These are not competitions, these are challenges to challange yourself. If this hobby is not just for fun then I must be in the wrong hobby.
Summed up nicely Now lets keep the videos flowing
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
skitchen8 is offline
Find More Posts by skitchen8
Addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
You don't need to actually "fly FPV", just record. I've managed to unearth one a numbe of AWOL 808 keychain cameras I have.
The problem is that I have bad vision, flying the fastest speed I can get this thing to go it is too far away to see in 5 seconds, and 5 seconds of chasing traffic isn't really in the spirit of the challenge. I would much rather do the normal quad challenges but have been told that my setup would be ineligible.

I still have fun watching others complete these challenges though, and I set up personal challenges for myself
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
valiantGLX is offline
Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Personally I like a lack of rules... there's no prizes or anything like that so who really cares. It is all just for fun and showing off our skills, I wish I could participate but none of the challenges suit my setup with my non fpv onboard cam unfortunately.
As djdavies83 said.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
You don't need to actually "fly FPV", just record. I've managed to unearth one a numbe of AWOL 808 keychain cameras I have.
So skitchen8, charge up your gear, step out to your front yard, take off while your quad is facing you, then try to capture a vehicle driving past for a second or 2, then post it to show off your skills/complete the challenge/enter the hall of fame. Its really that easy

I have a stripped down key chain cam, but the only things that can carry it is my S300 or my p51, but its been too windy in Berlin over the past days for either one of them. The point is I plan on doing some FPV challenges with a 7 dollar keychain cam.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
valiantGLX is offline
Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
The problem is that I have bad vision, flying the fastest speed I can get this thing to go it is too far away to see in 5 seconds, and 5 seconds of chasing traffic isn't really in the spirit of the challenge. I would much rather do the normal quad challenges but have been told that my setup would be ineligible.

I still have fun watching others complete these challenges though, and I set up personal challenges for myself
I believe the challenge isn't 5 seconds, its actually just as long as you can. Also I think it is perfectly acceptable to complete the other quad challenges with a key chain cam too
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Okay - I'm going dangerously off topic, but need a little help so I can play too.

I need a cheap, simple, and effective (keychain?) cam. Any recommendations? What does one cost? I don't plan to do any FPV or on-board recording, but wouldn't mind something I could hook up to bill of a ball cap. THoughts?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
skitchen8 is offline
Find More Posts by skitchen8
Addict.
Well the #16 is great, but costs $40. The #3 is not terrible and can be had for closer to $10.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
djdavies83 is offline
Find More Posts by djdavies83
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
808 "IN" a baseball cap headcam.

Keycam Pocket cap how to make a hatcam (6 min 34 sec)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:17 PM
nemoskull is offline
Find More Posts by nemoskull
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
nemoskull's Avatar
the hobbyking 808 camera is pretty decent. just make sure you got a SD card that can write at fatser that 4mb/second. transfer the video to a computer before watching, the usb 1.1 can not keep up the data tranfer rate.

the video format is not easy on the computer, either. my acer netbook can not play at full resolution. and any vibration will show up as a 'wavy' video.

but on the birght side, it will give you 'kodachrome' look video at 8 dollars


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest Un-Official Micro-Flyers Video Challenge N925WB Micro Ready-to-Fly 1460 Aug 27, 2012 09:14 PM
Discussion Small Flying Boat for a Belly Landing Park Flyer All__talk Waterplanes 2 Aug 18, 2012 09:27 PM
Discussion A small challenge: Can you in 1 hour or less.. stonerscolony Flying Wings 7 Jul 11, 2012 01:19 PM
Question Video cam for small micro planes ? sweeteye Aerial Photography 3 May 23, 2012 03:32 PM
Micro flyer for very small areas? duganderson Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 May 21, 2004 11:04 PM