Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
I'm still tempted but I can open a pack bounty in the supermarket.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2012, 07:58 PM
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie
By "unwrapped" I mean it can't have the plastic on it. And it must be upright. Just like this:

Simply land on the top.
OK! Now I got it I thought you meant land on a toilet paper roll with no paper on it, I was thinking "mission impossible", lol

I'll just have a quick smoke and then I'll git er done
Aug 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
OK, how clean do the double flips have to be? Technically I did two diagonal flips in one continuous motion....buuuuutt the second one wasn't as axial per se.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
I say just upload anyway!
Aug 27, 2012, 08:03 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83
I say just upload anyway!
Yep, on their way to youtube. Really crappy video, and you'll have to kinda take my word for it that at least two of them were a double (my camera sucks, narrow viewing angle) but I promise I did them, and broke a part in the process I'll post em when they make it onto the interwebz.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:06 PM
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
This space is reserved for future expansions

How about moving post 5 to here and making post 5 the "current challenges"? Or keep editing the current over the first 5 you created, oh a history of challenges would be cool, starting with your first ones then each new ine in order.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie
That would be pretty hilarious.
You should add, the only way it can be wrapped is if you do it in a store.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
It did a double flip towards the end, trust me I just set the camera up wrong.
"double d challenge'- Quad 3d category (2 min 9 sec)


First attempt w/ crash-
Crash n burn... quad double flip attempt 1 (3 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Endlesslag; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:17 PM
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
If I hadnt busted my bike last night I would e heading down the 24hr Tesco now, hang on bank holiday Monday, probably not 24 hrs NOW might have a go tomorrow if I get chance.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag
It did a double flip towards the end, trust me I just set the camera up wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKdo...ature=youtu.be

First attempt w/ crash-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlux9...ature=youtu.be
I dont know man I cant see anything

@ Everyone else: Should we give him the win
Aug 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83
If I hadnt busted my bike last night I would e heading down the 24hr Tesco now, hang on bank holiday Monday, probably not 24 hrs NOW might have a go tomorrow if I get chance.
Hate to burst ya bubble mate, but I have already done it Im in the process of uploading now
Aug 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
I dont know man I cant see anything

@ Everyone else: Should we give him the win
I could try again after school tomorrow. I know I can do it, I just need to move the camera waaayyyy back onto the driveway or find someone willing to take video for me.

If I don't get it then out comes the superfly to try for the death roll.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag
It did a double flip towards the end, trust me I just set the camera up wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKdo...ature=youtu.be

First attempt w/ crash-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlux9...ature=youtu.be
Sorry... I motion to reject this attempt. Reason given: Insufficient evidence; the craft cannot be seen performing the challenge in the video. Participants cannot be entered into the hall of fame based on their "word." That is against the rules. We need to see it.

Two things you need to change when you try again. A- Do not record into the sunlight. B- Find a location with a lighter background so we can see the craft better.



Don't give up!

Best,
Chris
Aug 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Sorry... I motion to reject this attempt. Reason given: Insufficient evidence; the craft cannot be seen performing the challenge in the video. Participants cannot be entered into the hall of fame based on their "word." That is against the rules. We need to see it.

Two things you need to change when you try again. A- Do not record into the sunlight. B- Find a location with a lighter background so we can see the craft better.



Don't give up!

Best,
Chris
No problem. I'll try again tomorrow Honestly I agree with you, I was just being hopeful.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:45 PM
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
Hate to burst ya bubble mate, but I have already done it Im in the process of uploading now
Ah it's ok, I can't get a heli out at home and disturb te sleepin ones at this hour anyway, I'm sure my time will come.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest Un-Official Micro-Flyers Video Challenge N925WB Micro Ready-to-Fly 1460 Aug 27, 2012 09:14 PM
Discussion Small Flying Boat for a Belly Landing Park Flyer All__talk Waterplanes 2 Aug 18, 2012 09:27 PM
Discussion A small challenge: Can you in 1 hour or less.. stonerscolony Flying Wings 7 Jul 11, 2012 01:19 PM
Question Video cam for small micro planes ? sweeteye Aerial Photography 3 May 23, 2012 03:32 PM
Micro flyer for very small areas? duganderson Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 May 21, 2004 11:04 PM