This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 31, 2018, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx
Stock Spacewalker with 70 mah.
Touch and go off walls, etc, etc.
If there is a better 3ch. flight video, I would like to see it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PlWuFiVReQw
I love that clip, and the Spacewalker, hope they bring it back, even if it has to get as3x, it might help outdoors...!

Without seeing this post I posted the same Youtube a couple of Days ago, its awesome!
In a thread about RTF under 28grams/1Oz... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lanes-for-sale

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; Oct 31, 2018 at 10:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Old clip of me flying the Beast 3D on 3s in a gusty 26 MPH wind. Was an absolute blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJyqOZKHEU

Joel
And now I need a Beast 3D...

I mean WOW!

Tommy
Sep 11, 2019, 02:12 AM
Hello everyone.
Adding a new post to old thread, don't know if the challenges are still going on either. But the challenges sound cool and are a nice idea, I wish I had joined the forum years back already
But here goes;

"Special Challenges
FPV: The Dog Fight: Chase another micro flyer in a simulated dog fight."

It's part of a longer video, but starts on the time stamp
https://youtu.be/DDzuuUA-Eig?t=812

The planes used in this are AD/HDs
We're planning to use infra red FPV Combat system later.
Mar 19, 2021, 06:22 PM
Addicted to RC
I have been looking for a really small, indoor acrobatic plane to fly in my living room.

The closest thing to what In had in mind was the discontinued UMX Spacewalker. That would seem to be able to fly slow enough to do loops and figure 8s in a relatively small indoor space.

It doesn't need to be 3D but aileron, elevator and rudder control would be nice.

Is there anything similar to the Spacewalker out there for super micro indoor acro flight?
Mar 19, 2021, 06:46 PM
Boost rules!
Not much (if anything) in fixed-wing that can do loops & aerobatics in a typical living-room with an 8 ft ceiling. That's pretty-much micro CP heli territory. I fly my Blade nCPX micro CP heli in the house, along with my nQX micro-quad.

The UMX Spacewalker was 3-chan (no ailerons), and it couldn't do aerobatics in a living-room. In fact, it couldn't even fly in a typical living-room.

The only current HH fixed-wing planes I'm aware of that might be flyable by an experienced pilot in a really large living-room w/8 ft ceiling are the 3-chan UMX Vapor & full-house UMX Yak 54 profile 3D plane. Doubt that either one can do loops with an 8 ft ceiling, though. I suggest watching some videos of each to see if they'd work in your space.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../EFLU1350.html

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../EFLU3550.html

However - you're likely better-off learning to fly something like the nQX micro-quad or nCPX micro CP heli for doing a lot of flying in typical living rooms & family rooms, largely due to the low 8 ft ceilings. Plus, both of 'em usually bounce when you screw up instead of breaking parts.

Joel
Mar 19, 2021, 11:10 PM
Addicted to RC
I have flown a few micro helis and micro quads. Even a few full size quads and while my livingroom is a bit bigger than most, it is still a rather small space for planes. I have hovered my old Shockflyer and my Twisted Hobbies F-22, briefly, in my house but dreaming of a sub 12 inch plane 4 channel plane with micro actuators for a more complete flight experience in the winter when it is no fun outside.

I agree the UMX Yak is probably as good as it gets for this purpose. The video of MikeRX flying the crap out of a Spacewalker in an indoor RC park was epic though. Hard to believe that thing was just rudder and elevator.
Apr 02, 2021, 08:00 AM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
I've got the Yak and it's still kinda quick, I wouldn't call it fast but it's no umx vapor if you're not flying in a harrier. But, it has a flight mode to help harrier apparently, I haven't read the manual to set up a switch for it, I just bound it and made sure the controls were moving the right way.
I've flown it a couple times in my shop but was too lazy to take the tractor and quads out so ended up breaking the gearbox (cheap parts).
In a large room with someone more skilled than I am it could probably do some loops and other tight maneuvers. It does have enough power to hover and climb out so if you've got good thumbs it could probably work.
I think with some more time for me to get used to it in larger spaces first I could be successful in my shop, not sure about a living room for much more than harriers though, I don't think it would be a relaxing flight somewhere that tight and my living room is huge compared to most (bungalow with all bedrooms downstairs).
I've flown it outdoor once and it was much easier for me to do aerobatics with some extra space.

It's cheap anyway so it's not a huge deal if it ends up only flown in gymnasiums or outdoor on super calm days.
Jul 18, 2021, 06:51 PM
Slow is the go!

Ultra micro Fiat and Kittyhawk

Hi all, this footage is quite old, finally got around to editing and downloading.

Always been a fan of the P40 Kittyhawk, modded a couple to the later N model
by adding 1cm to the tail, countered the CG change by mounting the battery up
under the motor. The Fiat came from an UM Mustang, she flies nice apart from
the roll rate being reduced due to the larger wingspan.

My rc RNZAF P40 and Fiat G55 (2 min 13 sec)

RAAF P40 (5 min 13 sec)

Where the Fiat came from, yep the tail section from a Stearman.

1cm of blue foam under the tail plane to get an N from an E model.

Yep P40 fan, couple of Kiwis and an Ozzie.
Aug 26, 2021, 01:26 PM
PZ T-28 FPV maiden flight. Mods include ph2.0 200mah , runcAm nano 3, 400mw vtx , dipole antenna,

T-28 Ultra Micro FPV maiden Flight (3 min 58 sec)
Sep 16, 2022, 08:07 PM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Added slats to my UMX Timber-X, hated how it flew before, now it's much better.

First ever! UMX Timber-x with slats (5 min 51 sec)
Oct 31, 2022, 11:52 AM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
Some Voodoo fun

Don't forget to like and subscribe
EFlite UMX Voodoo pt2 of maiden flight (3 min 16 sec)

EFlite UMX Voodoo second flight (4 min 57 sec)
Oct 31, 2022, 12:20 PM

Simulator race in real life location?

Thougth to post this here too
Laukaa Indoor Track 1 In Real Life (1 min 32 sec)
Nov 09, 2022, 04:48 AM
Slow is the go!

Yak 3 and P51 Mustang

1S Yak 3 from a Mustang.
Ultra micro Yak 3 (1 min 24 sec)

Bumped into the real one she is modelled on.

2S P51 Mustang.
Ultra micro Mustang (2 min 43 sec)

Real one she is modelled on.
Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Dec 16, 2022 at 01:23 AM.
Dec 16, 2022, 01:25 AM
Slow is the go!
Aussie RAAF Caribous had way cool paint schemes.

Been plodding away on and off at this one for a while, converting an Ultra micro
B25 Mitchell to a DH Caribou. Quite an involved conversion, wings gull wing in
the opposite direction and fuselage has all sorts of shapes going on.

RC Caribou (0 min 50 sec)
Feb 11, 2024, 04:40 PM
Torquay/Warralily Coastal Vic.

A new micro in my hangar

Had some real fun with this model at our local nearby beach.
Using a lightweight camera & capturing the flights
XK BEECH STAGGERWING A300-Unbox & Maiden with multicameras (12 min 33 sec)

Quick Reply