Jan 09, 2013, 04:05 PM
Some serial "balance" charger adapters are available as well.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2013, 04:38 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair
I wouldnt buy those as it is a waste of time to serial charge and balance 1s cells that will never be used in series.

For 1s parallel cables are the better way to go for the fastest charges. Series will waste a lot of time balancing cells at the series voltage you selected for charging.

Series charging for any series batteries that are the same isnt a bad idea though, like 2 of the 2s500mAh at a 4s500mAh
Jan 09, 2013, 05:27 PM
Is there an after market set of landing skids for the "Nano" that is more durable than the "stock" set?
Jan 09, 2013, 05:53 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF
Is there an after market set of landing skids for the "Nano" that is more durable than the "stock" set?
Airtime mSR skids ...
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jan 09, 2013, 07:22 PM
EDF Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
I would think that would be noticeable when he was verifying 0 pitch at 50%
Perhaps. Depending on how new he is.

I didn't think a detailed description of the test procedure could hurt.

I usually don't answer just for the poster. I figure info like that can apply to him and many of the other newbies that have arrived since the holiday gift giving season.

if the answer doesn't apply to him there's a good chance someone else will benefit.
Last edited by NwRcFlight; Jan 09, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
Jan 09, 2013, 09:22 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Thats true
Jan 09, 2013, 09:30 PM
thanks for the info on the parallel cables
Jan 09, 2013, 09:59 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
Argh... Getting a little flustered.. I'm noticing something that resembles the toilet bowl effect from the ol flybar helis.. Just a smidgen stick will cause it to wander in a circular pattern making me have to adjust and correct. I noticed my spindle was way too tight after i over tightened it but even after loosening one blade grip is a bit stiffer than the other one. I've got a spare spindle but I'm afraid I damaged the grip
Jan 09, 2013, 10:32 PM

First 3D attempts...

I had no right... Poor little fella.

Name: image4.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 113.7 KB
Description:

I was bored and I need new skids anyway. the canopy was cracked on the other side anyway. I figured, lemme try it!

It was an experience. Yeah... Experience. Next time I try it will be OUTSIDE with my 9x in the spring. From now until then, I'll stick to hovering and circuits in the garage like I should have been doing.

I'm going to try my extra V911 canopy on it. Needs a set of new holes, but might be worth it.

Where can I buy the airtime msr skids? I can't locate them anywhere. I was thinking I would get the rakon heli aluminum and carbon fiber ones specifically for the nano . They look really heavy, but maybe the airtime ones would be more *ahem* crash resistant.

Another view.

Name: image5.jpg
Views: 90
Size: 140.9 KB
Description: Took a nose dive trying a forward roll.
Jan 09, 2013, 11:57 PM
Billy
Heavy duty skids lead to broken frames, if you're breaking skids, stick to stock. (My opinion anyway).

My msr has that toilet bowl effect also, a bent or poorly balanced fly bar usually is the cause.
Jan 10, 2013, 12:31 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80
I had no right... Poor little fella.

Attachment 5436140

I was bored and I need new skids anyway. the canopy was cracked on the other side anyway. I figured, lemme try it!

It was an experience. Yeah... Experience. Next time I try it will be OUTSIDE with my 9x in the spring. From now until then, I'll stick to hovering and circuits in the garage like I should have been doing.

I'm going to try my extra V911 canopy on it. Needs a set of new holes, but might be worth it.

Where can I buy the airtime msr skids? I can't locate them anywhere. I was thinking I would get the rakon heli aluminum and carbon fiber ones specifically for the nano . They look really heavy, but maybe the airtime ones would be more *ahem* crash resistant.

Another view.

Attachment 5436163
The v911 body works awesome on the nano with a bit of trimming. You can email Rich from airtimercproducts@gmail.com make sure you tell him you have a nano and not an msr. i believe he also has ebay listings for his skids. I haven't ever broken the frame with these skids other than canopy mounts, but that happened all the time with the terrible stock skids. Rich told me about a fix using a vise drill to splice in music wire to the mounts, it works awesome.
Jan 10, 2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80

What do you mean they "look heavy"? If you scroll down, RKH discloses very obviously that they weigh twice as much as the stock skids. Is this very heavy? I dont know, but I know from all my years of messing around with what so many people disrespectfully call bling that double the weight is not unusual for aluminum parts. (even though in the meantime in particular RKH has offered aluminum parts that BARELY show a disadvantage over stock plastic in terms of weight)
The thing to keep in mind with the aluminum skids is that they are pretty rigid ... which in a crash will lead to breakage where the airtime skids most likely only bend. (IF that). I made this experience with a mSR AL/CF skid I flew on my nano.
(Overall the airtime skids were the most resilient ones I ever bought to date ... for ANY micro heli I have ...)
Oh, and I really have no idea, where the difference is between airtime skids for the mSR vs. airtime skids for the nano - I only ordered mSR skids for my nano up to now (why? because the STOCK mSR skids are identical to the stock nano skids ... so why would there be ANY mSR aftermarket skids that DONT fit the nano ...)
Jan 10, 2013, 01:54 AM
Billy
I have no experience with airtime skids, so I'm not sure if they are rigid, flexible, heavy, light or whatever. All I was saying is that if skids are breaking due to hard landings, crashes etc, then making them rigid will cause something else to fail. I personally have never broken a frame (also aside from canopy pins), but I also use stock skids. I don't have much in the way of hard landing either, so I don't usually bust skids. (Just canopies and blade strikes :-( causing other failures).
The music wire upgrade is definitely a must, canopy mounts are quite fragile, and I've broken my fair share. (I use a flat headed sewing pin with a touch of ca on mine).
Jan 10, 2013, 02:08 AM
Airtime skid are VERY flexible ... in a different way. It is very easy to use the SAME skids on say an mSR, mSRX, SoloPro (260/270), V911 AND nano if you just do a liiiiiiiiittle mod ...
Also, they are the skids I use on my mCPX for the longest time (and I have not had ANY other skid before that came even close in durability - no matter if "plastic" OR CF) . But then again, maybe I am just realllllllly lucky, who knows ....
As far as weight, if I remember right (I weight them a looooong time ago) they are only marginally heavier than stock (ie 0.2g or so ... but like I said, that weighing was an eternity ago ...)
Jan 10, 2013, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato
The v911 body works awesome on the nano with a bit of trimming. You can email Rich from airtimercproducts@gmail.com make sure you tell him you have a nano and not an msr. i believe he also has ebay listings for his skids. I haven't ever broken the frame with these skids other than canopy mounts, but that happened all the time with the terrible stock skids. Rich told me about a fix using a vise drill to splice in music wire to the mounts, it works awesome.
Sounds interesting, but wouldnt music wire be really heavy on a bird as light as the nano?

Quick Reply