Nov 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Actually has anyone tried putting one of the Nine Eagle 530 on one of these? For that fun scale look. It took a little fussing but its a pretty close and easy mod to get it on the nCPX frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
For the person wondering if you can fit a mSR X body on the Nano. ....
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2012, 12:27 AM
Augernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx
That is a very interesting observation, and probably correct. There is something about controlling toys that doesn't appeal to women. When it comes to controlling something useful, such as a car or a real airplane, then they are interested.
Yes, but even then they are still a danger to all around them.
Dec 01, 2012, 02:19 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
Actually has anyone tried putting one of the Nine Eagle 530 on one of these? For that fun scale look. It took a little fussing but its a pretty close and easy mod to get it on the nCPX frame.
Yes check this thread out. Helifreak user Varc was the first I believe.
Dec 01, 2012, 03:07 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
Ya thats where I initially got the idea. The only thing that wasn't mentioned was the upper mount holes on the inside left has to be cut away to keep the body centered. The battery tray from Nine Eagle skids have a connector clip that can be removed to hold the battery the same way as the nCPX.

I did mine up yesterday and was buzzing around the house. Just 5 or so grams heavier.
Nothing changes on the nCPX so I can always switch it back at any time.
Dec 01, 2012, 09:40 AM
ride hard and fly low
This is a great little heli but, man am I bad. I needed a winter hobby because it's a little cold to be flying planes so I picked up two of these.
I had a problem with one of them but thanks to great customer service from HH it has been taken care of.
Dec 01, 2012, 10:26 AM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
May get to fly mine indoors today instead of going to fly the Yak and 57 SC. So far only 42F and no sun and that breeze is COLD! Supposed to be 57F today and some sun....
Dec 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
ride hard and fly low
I have 5 flights on mine today and 5 more batts in the oven. I may take my 41" and 48" Edge to the club today. I'm in N.J. and the wind is below 10 mph.
Dec 01, 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx
LOL! Yeah right, I wish. I've been a keen observer of how women just don't do this hobby. It's not that women aren't welcome.... That's not why it's "male-dominated"... It's that they just don't. Even when they do, there's a very strong probability that it was a male significant other who was in the hobby first. I think there's got to be a much higher percentage of female full scale pilots.

Charles
Quote:
That is a very interesting observation, and probably correct. There is something about controlling toys that doesn't appeal to women. When it comes to controlling something useful, such as a car or a real airplane, then they are interested.
I agree with the both of you - I see that the US Army has a lot more female heli pilots than before when I served.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster
Yes, but even then they are still a danger to all around them.
lol! Reminds me of the movie Legally Blonde when the girl was getting her driver's license in that Jeep!

@ heritageflyer - I googled Amy Botos. Wow, she flies better than I do at this point! I saw her youtube video with her 130 X.
Last edited by dragnse7en; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added context
Dec 01, 2012, 03:09 PM
Tried 'Search'???
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBird
Maybe I'll get a tube of 222 as well. I've never felt like I was using more than "finger torque" to remove a screw with blue Loctite, and I'd chalked it up to the screw being small and thus having far less surface area to be gripped by the glue. But always willing to try some new stuff.

As for application in tight spots, I use a paper clip with one end bent out. I put a drop of Loctite in a little plastic cap, dip the paper clip in, and then touch it to the threads. It's pretty viscous stuff, so it clings to the wire well and transfers nicely to the threads. It also doesn't harden up when exposed to air, so you have plenty of open working time. A paper clip seems to grab just the right amount for one tiny little application on our tiny little screws.
I use a beer bottle top to put a few drops into (have to drink the beer first and then a tooth pick to apply. I found that using anything metal went 'funny' after a while.
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Dec 01, 2012, 03:18 PM
I couldn't help myself and picked up a BnF Nano on Black Friday. I plan to get the HK DSM2/DSMX module for my 9x once it is back in stock to use as my main controller. The Nano just arrived and is sitting on my shelf tempting me. I got the BnF to avoid getting another transmitter but I've decided I can't wait for HK to get the module in stock and then ship it out. They had a problem with the first batch which I assume has delayed supply and also holiday delivery will probably delay things further. In hind sight I should have just gotten the RTF so I could use the Nano now (and BnF mCP X that's on its way ) but it's too late.

So... my question is what cheap TX should I get to use with the Nano and mCP X, keeping in mind that I will hopefully soon have a proper programable TX? I see that the DX5e is $59.99 and the DX4e is $69.99. http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ickAccessories
What is the difference between the DX5e and DX4e? I'm confused because the DX5e looks a little better but is actually a little cheaper. Are there any other cheap TXs that will work? Where is a good place to get one? eBay?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can temporarily lend me a TX and craigslist doesn't have anything.

Thanks
Dec 01, 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
I use a beer bottle top to put a few drops into (have to drink the beer first and then a tooth pick to apply. I found that using anything metal went 'funny' after a while.
I will go back to Elmer's Gue (PVA adhesive). = I understand metal - to - metal on rc cars, but my helis don't scrub the boards and don't get the shock impact force like a TRF car does on the carpet @ 35mph -

That said, I'd love to spoon a very tiny drop on an exacto knife of PVA, and wick the end tip of the threads on the feathering spindle. 'Nuff said here, I just need a new giant fat bottle of Elmer's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpalzm
I couldn't help myself and picked up a BnF Nano on Black Friday. I plan to get the HK DSM2/DSMX module for my 9x once it is back in stock to use as my main controller. The Nano just arrived and is sitting on my shelf tempting me. I got the BnF to avoid getting another transmitter but I've decided I can't wait for HK to get the module in stock and then ship it out. They had a problem with the first batch which I assume has delayed supply and also holiday delivery will probably delay things further. In hind sight I should have just gotten the RTF so I could use the Nano now (and BnF mCP X that's on its way ) but it's too late.

So... my question is what cheap TX should I get to use with the Nano and mCP X, keeping in mind that I will hopefully soon have a proper programable TX? I see that the DX5e is $59.99 and the DX4e is $69.99. http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ickAccessories
What is the difference between the DX5e and DX4e? I'm confused because the DX5e looks a little better but is actually a little cheaper. Are there any other cheap TXs that will work? Where is a good place to get one? eBay?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can temporarily lend me a TX and craigslist doesn't have anything.

Thanks
The Tx/ radio is tantamount and more important than any heli, in wish we all want to bind it upon. I got me the cheapest Specturn radio, and it took me 2 months to save up.

Trust me - it's worth it!
Dec 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Team Drone Art
I say keep an eye on Craigslist for a used DX6i. I see it pop up frequent enough for an average of $100. Sometimes $80. Sometimes $120. $100 is more common.

The DX5e is the better radio. I believe there is a hidden way to enable expo that the DX4e can't do.
Dec 01, 2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
I say keep an eye on Craigslist for a used DX6i. I see it pop up frequent enough for an average of $100. Sometimes $80. Sometimes $120. $100 is more common.

The DX5e is the better radio. I believe there is a hidden way to enable expo that the DX4e can't do.
+1 to that, Daryl
Dec 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Agreed the DX5e is definitely better than the 4e. I don't understand their pricing system. The DX5e basically "feels" the same as the DX6i, except it can only remember the settings for one plane at a time. It also has a folding antenna, which probably doesn't mean much for helicopters because they are always fairly close, but I wouldn't want to try flying a sailplane 2000 feet away with a DX4e.

Even though I now use a DX6i, I still value the DX5e because it makes a perfect buddy box, and if the 6i ever craps out, it would be a very dependable backup.
Dec 01, 2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Agreed the DX5e is definitely better than the 4e. I don't understand their pricing system. The DX5e basically "feels" the same as the DX6i, except it can only remember the settings for one plane at a time. It also has a folding antenna, which probably doesn't mean much for helicopters because they are always fairly close, but I wouldn't want to try flying a sailplane 2000 feet away with a DX4e.

Even though I now use a DX6i, I still value the DX5e because it makes a perfect buddy box, and if the 6i ever craps out, it would be a very dependable backup.
I understand what you're both saying. Not to be mean. or contradict - but -
the bottom line is a digital computer radio. I know the economy hasn't been the best these days, but anything is better than that PS2/3 controller that my RTF mSR X came with.

Apple VS apples with DX4 series and the Specturm 5 series, for both your cases, but it's better than an amateur radio!

Quick Reply