Aug 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Blade nano CPX - even smaller than the mCPX!

Blade Nano CP X von Horizon Hobby (3 min 45 sec)

Key Features

AS3X® Flybarless System
Symmetrical 85mm main rotor blades
2.1-gram linear long-throw cyclic servos
Carbon fiber main shaft
Sleek body with sharp Nano CP X graphics
Includes two E-flite® 1S 3.7V 150mAh 25C Li-Po batteries
Includes DC Li-Po Charger with AA batteries
Includes two main blade sets; Fast Flight Main Rotor Blades (Installed) and Hi-performance Main Rotor Blades (In Box)
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures

Looks like after Walkera threw the glove with the MiniCP, HH decided to accept the challenge. Let's see if this will be a limp glove or a metal gauntlet.
*awaits review faithfully*
Aug 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh

Looks like after Walkera threw the glove with the MiniCP, HH decided to accept the challenge. Let's see if this will be a limp glove or a metal gauntlet.
*awaits review faithfully*
There is already a 80 sized competitor from a company that makes a clone of the mCPx.

I am not sure whether 80 sized CPs will really take off. The Mini CP is already getting rather small for me.
Aug 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
[OT] You're just about right, i'd like to see some good 300-sized beginner helis, large enough to be easily spotted and worked on (no tiny parts) but still not as large and intimidating as a 450. Once this market was lead by esky with their kingbees, there was the Walkera 1#A... now what we've got? Blade 300X which is surely fantastic but it's worth its weight in silver (not joking), but there you mostly play for the BeastX system, and can't think of anything else... well there is the Master CP200, which is surely a good entry level... and i've seen pics floating on the internet of a new wave of helis from Esky, the D550 (which despite the name is really a 550mm main rotor - hence a 300 size in my book), but no reviews nor tests nor comments from users.. [/OT]

If there's market for the MiniCP, and HH has the technology and expertise to get a share of it on the other side of the pond, then this isn't a dumb move at all. Competition is a good push towards better products (as in cost/quality balance) and this goes all to the advantage of the hobbyists.
Aug 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
I find it already hard to follow the MiniCP around when flying outside. It's so darn fast. Perhaps with a bright fluorescent canopy and eagle eye vision it's do-able, but I think we are approaching the limits of the pilot here. Now one could say, fly in the living, but you can't put a FBL fully through it's paces in such a confined space.
Aug 26, 2012, 09:13 PM
Thread OP
The Mini CP is not really that much smaller than the mCPX. The main difference is in the height. Otherwise, the smaller canopy and thinner blades give the impression that it is much smaller than it really is. I am not sure whether the size of the Mini CP was ever that much of a selling point over the mCPX.

Looking at the photo, the nCPX does look smaller than the MIni CP. It comes with a charger that is used in RC toys. I hope that it has something to add in durability by coming down a size.
Aug 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
Wait a moment. It is me or that's the MSRX landing gear?

That gives us a pretty good reference for size: it's a CP version of the MSRX. At this point it could even be a hoax.Who knows?

Edit: after sophisticated spannometric measurements on the photo posted by zadaw, the main rotor diameter should be in the 181mm range, just like the msrx and below both mcpx (245mm) and miniCP (240mm).
Last edited by Darsh; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added main rotor measurement
Aug 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
Thread OP
What? No interest? So is everybody flying quads then?

The photo looks legit to me. I can't see why anybody would spend a lot of money on making a hoax like this.
Aug 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
Is this a clone of the rumored HiSky FBL 80?
I would not use the word clone. Maybe competitor, but clone suggests HH backwards engineered a product that is not even out yet.
Aug 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'm sure one of the Horizon guys is reading, have read, or will read this, and if they do I hope they test the tail as best they can, because if the tail works out of the box on this, it could be a big hit.
Aug 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
One would hope they have learned from their past mistakes...or not? Only time (and a review) will tell. For sure, if word spreads out that once again the tail isn't working as supposed, they aren't going to sell that many.
Aug 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
Very interesting.
And more interesting it could be if someday WLtoys and Benma launch their 3D micro helis.
Aug 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
There is already a 80 sized competitor from a company that makes a clone of the mCPx.

I am not sure whether 80 sized CPs will really take off. The Mini CP is already getting rather small for me.

202 mm

3.7V 180 mah 25C

4 -5 min. fly time

Very very interesting for living-room 3D flying.
Aug 27, 2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure I see the point here. An 80 size FP I can see, but a CP? It just seems too quick to fly indoors and too light to fly outdoors.

I think at this point if they want to do an indoor 3D flyer they should make one with big light blades and a low headspeed for very low disk loading. If you want to do 3D indoors in anything bigger than a garage a 100 or 120 will always work better.

Personally I wish there were some equivalent of indoor foamies but for FBL helis. I.E. lots of blade area for lift but a low head speed attatched to a light body. Maybe some sort of very light film over frame blades that are deformable like the newer plastic blades but much lighter.
Aug 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
At least right off the bat with this helicopter you can go brushless using the MSRX upgrades.

Quick Reply