Thread Tools
Oct 08, 2012, 01:49 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125
I've been flying mine for about 2 weeks now and just started flipping it around, it flies fine for about a minute and a half then has barely enough power to hover. I have 4 stock batteries, two have 25+ flights on them and 2 have about 15, they didn't act this way when new but performance has gotten steadily worse, hope mine are not dying already. I suspect my the stock charger is at fault though and I my not be getting a full charge even after replacing the AA's with fresh ones, I will make an adapter for my normal lipo charger and see what happens.
The stock charger..at least mine was over charging my lipos. I really just used it to test anyhow but none the less it over charges. The stock charger for my 130x also over charges batteries. I use my celectra 4 port which seems to charge correctly and my ichargers for charging instead of the stock single port type chargers,
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 03:12 AM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
I noticed there are o-rings on the swashball linkages, but none on the blade grips and swash balls....I still had some o-rings from my head stiffening kit for the mCPX and used them..will test flight tomorrow.



Oct 08, 2012, 04:30 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Piece's Avatar
Man.... This is the first heli in a looonnnnggggg time that I've really been considering. I dabbled in helis a few years ago and made it to FFF and nose/side-in hovering with my HMX Axe CP V1.000, but repairs got prohibitively expensive and I started flying planes instead. I acquired an mCX along the way and I'm at the limits of its capabilities by now... Not saying much, I know I'm now living in a dorm 2450 miles from home without a model in sight. The Nano CP X seems like a nice little indoor gnat to fly around over the long winter ahead, and something tells me it'll force my thumbs up to a whole new level of speed and precision.

Question: I'd be going the RTF route since I don't have a DSM2-capable transmitter (yet). I figure the stock DX4e is fine for just hovering and general fooling around, but it's obviously not a high-performance transmitter. If I were to start sniffing around really basic 3D (loops, rolls, inverted flight etc.), would I be very limited by the lack of programming and tweaking capabilities? In other words, where's the realistic cutoff point where a more capable radio starts to become a must?
Oct 08, 2012, 06:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
Man.... This is the first heli in a looonnnnggggg time that I've really been considering. I dabbled in helis a few years ago and made it to FFF and nose/side-in hovering with my HMX Axe CP V1.000, but repairs got prohibitively expensive and I started flying planes instead. I acquired an mCX along the way and I'm at the limits of its capabilities by now... Not saying much, I know I'm now living in a dorm 2450 miles from home without a model in sight. The Nano CP X seems like a nice little indoor gnat to fly around over the long winter ahead, and something tells me it'll force my thumbs up to a whole new level of speed and precision.

Question: I'd be going the RTF route since I don't have a DSM2-capable transmitter (yet). I figure the stock DX4e is fine for just hovering and general fooling around, but it's obviously not a high-performance transmitter. If I were to start sniffing around really basic 3D (loops, rolls, inverted flight etc.), would I be very limited by the lack of programming and tweaking capabilities? In other words, where's the realistic cutoff point where a more capable radio starts to become a must?
Butane,
I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses, but my suggestion would be to save up for the dx6/7. You could probably do just fine with the RTF radio for a few months, but a good programmable radio will benefit all your flying.
Oct 08, 2012, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
Man.... This is the first heli in a looonnnnggggg time that I've really been considering. I dabbled in helis a few years ago and made it to FFF and nose/side-in hovering with my HMX Axe CP V1.000, but repairs got prohibitively expensive and I started flying planes instead. I acquired an mCX along the way and I'm at the limits of its capabilities by now... Not saying much, I know I'm now living in a dorm 2450 miles from home without a model in sight. The Nano CP X seems like a nice little indoor gnat to fly around over the long winter ahead, and something tells me it'll force my thumbs up to a whole new level of speed and precision.

Question: I'd be going the RTF route since I don't have a DSM2-capable transmitter (yet). I figure the stock DX4e is fine for just hovering and general fooling around, but it's obviously not a high-performance transmitter. If I were to start sniffing around really basic 3D (loops, rolls, inverted flight etc.), would I be very limited by the lack of programming and tweaking capabilities? In other words, where's the realistic cutoff point where a more capable radio starts to become a must?
Well I am just putting a Spektrum Module in my 8FG.
Oct 08, 2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀

Question: I'd be going the RTF route since I don't have a DSM2-capable transmitter (yet). I figure the stock DX4e is fine for just hovering and general fooling around, but it's obviously not a high-performance transmitter. If I were to start sniffing around really basic 3D (loops, rolls, inverted flight etc.), would I be very limited by the lack of programming and tweaking capabilities? In other words, where's the realistic cutoff point where a more capable radio starts to become a must?
If anything, it is the other way round. The DX4e is optimized for high performance 3D. What you want is a programmable transmitter to tame the settings rather than the make them more aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Well I am just putting a Spektrum Module in my 8FG.
You cannot put a Spektrum module in a Futaba 8FG. Futaba has closed this loophole for Spektrum with their new transmitters. What you need is something like this.

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1529

Here is a DIY method which you can do at your own risk

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1556607
Oct 08, 2012, 07:49 AM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
skeppley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125
I've been flying mine for about 2 weeks now and just started flipping it around, it flies fine for about a minute and a half then has barely enough power to hover. I have 4 stock batteries, two have 25+ flights on them and 2 have about 15, they didn't act this way when new but performance has gotten steadily worse, hope mine are not dying already. I suspect my the stock charger is at fault though and I my not be getting a full charge even after replacing the AA's with fresh ones, I will make an adapter for my normal lipo charger and see what happens.
That's also a sign of the main motor going out.
I thought it was lipos too, but put in a brand new one with no change.
MAin motors are getting 40 to 100 flights on these from most people.
Mine's around 100 and it's life is now over
Cant wait for brushless from Dylan to get here
Oct 08, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
I noticed there are o-rings on the swashball linkages, but none on the blade grips and swash balls....I still had some o-rings from my head stiffening kit for the mCPX and used them..will test flight tomorrow.



Be careful with the o-rings on the swash-plate links because they may be too thick and rub on the control arms of it...Check for clearance by turning the mains by hand...
Oct 08, 2012, 08:04 AM
Registered User
I'm using dx4e and it is kind of growing on me. I did change out the bind/throttle hold push button to a flat face type toggle. Discovered that to get throttle hold to work, I flip button back which actually closes the circuit during flight (nothing happens at that point), then when/if I want throttle hold I flip it towards me which opens circuit and get throttle hold immediately. Now I know why I was having trouble with TH on regular button (must be pressed and released).

I would just mention when starting out on this one it helps to have a little space, not sure how large your dorm room is but I had a little trouble starting out in hotel room. Once I had some front yard time and learned how much throttle and some of controls better I'm able to fly in open kitchen/living room or 2 car garage. Just now comfortable up over house in side yard, banking turns, etc. This guy is fast and likes some space but can also fly slow and fairly precise.

I intend to modify my 9x, supposedly it can take a spectrum module from dx4e or even the lower end 4 ch. tx (from night vapor plane) and get 6 ch. Want to keep dx4e for packing in checked bag on trips (keep heli in small case - carry on). dx4e does have removable sticks which can help prevent damage when traveling with it, also no screen to scratch or break, so from those points it makes some sense.



Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
Man.... This is the first heli in a looonnnnggggg time that I've really been considering. I dabbled in helis a few years ago and made it to FFF and nose/side-in hovering with my HMX Axe CP V1.000, but repairs got prohibitively expensive and I started flying planes instead. I acquired an mCX along the way and I'm at the limits of its capabilities by now... Not saying much, I know I'm now living in a dorm 2450 miles from home without a model in sight. The Nano CP X seems like a nice little indoor gnat to fly around over the long winter ahead, and something tells me it'll force my thumbs up to a whole new level of speed and precision.

Question: I'd be going the RTF route since I don't have a DSM2-capable transmitter (yet). I figure the stock DX4e is fine for just hovering and general fooling around, but it's obviously not a high-performance transmitter. If I were to start sniffing around really basic 3D (loops, rolls, inverted flight etc.), would I be very limited by the lack of programming and tweaking capabilities? In other words, where's the realistic cutoff point where a more capable radio starts to become a must?
Last edited by jpconard; Oct 08, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
Oct 08, 2012, 08:30 AM
Registered User
Willyboy's Avatar
Check out this low speed BL by Dylan using a 150 mAh battery. Oh Yeah!
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....455791&page=22

Bob
Oct 08, 2012, 09:22 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
That is the same setup I have on 7T. On 8t it really needs more than the stock battery
Oct 08, 2012, 10:08 AM
Registered User
JLink125's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley
That's also a sign of the main motor going out.
I thought it was lipos too, but put in a brand new one with no change.
MAin motors are getting 40 to 100 flights on these from most people.
Mine's around 100 and it's life is now over
Cant wait for brushless from Dylan to get here
Man I really hope not, I just got it flying good.
Oct 08, 2012, 04:46 PM
Registered User
closeflyby's Avatar
Here's a video of my RTF nano cpx. It's all stock out of the box with the dx4e on high rates.
Nano cpx RTF 3D (0 min 58 sec)
Oct 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy
Check out this low speed BL by Dylan using a 150 mAh battery. Oh Yeah!
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....455791&page=22

Bob
WOW!
where can we buy this conversion?
thanks
Oct 08, 2012, 05:02 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
WOW!
where can we buy this conversion?
thanks
He doesnt have it for sell yet. He is waiting for oversky to make a new mount for the hp03s and is why I made my own


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 6166 Nov 19, 2016 11:57 PM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 08:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM