Thread Tools
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
SoloProFan is offline
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
I know some will now try what the heli does at 18.82 mm. Perhaps it will then fly itself...

Would have been easier if they had left a marker on the shaft...
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
J_skaggs is offline
Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I know some will now try what the heli does at 18.82 mm. Perhaps it will then fly itself...

Would have been easier if they had left a marker on the shaft...
We could mark the shaft ourselves before the first flight.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:17 PM
SoloProFan is offline
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Seems like a pretty good practice, as pre-first-flight-check.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:18 PM
indoorheli is offline
Find More Posts by indoorheli
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post

Would have been easier if they had left a marker on the shaft...
I am still under the impression that they did mark the shaft..........
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:51 PM
indoorheli is offline
Find More Posts by indoorheli
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Do you actually straighten the shaft and reinstall it or, do you replace it? How do you straighten it?
I fogot about this yesterday. Yes i straighten my shafts I put them in a pair plies that has about 1mm bite per tooth. I then grab the shaft tight at one end and hit the pliers downward on to my bench with a hammer. As the pliers slide down the FS it straightens it. It will straighten it up to 15 times before it turns to butter.

I know pretty cavemanish but it works. My normal straightening method does not work on these shafts since it has a hex at one end.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:07 PM
skeppley is offline
Find More Posts by skeppley
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
skeppley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Brian James from HH (Blade) states:



Taken from
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=455520

He has some important tips there you should read.
The tips are pretty good, but setting all the links to the swash at 25mm will have the swash tilted forward. If you haven't examined your heli, the rear servo sits a few mm's higher than the servos on the side. So having all the links exactly the same is assuming all the servos are at the same height, they are not. The rear link should be closer to 22 to 23 mm
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:14 PM
wnppmy is offline
Find More Posts by wnppmy
Slow Flyer
Just hope mine survives more flights, new to 3D thought this puppie might make it. Certainly has!

After some Sim practice, forward roll was easiest move for me, and accomplished it moments ago, not pretty but one fully recovered, wow, I'm Hooked.

Using the RTF DX4e, at just over mid stick flick the Act switch, oh my!
Last edited by wnppmy; Oct 04, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
McMoron is offline
Find More Posts by McMoron
Registered User
[QUOTE=KYChopper;22912640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
I'm suing HH!

So keep an eye on the tail motor, a bit of lubing and a quick checkup on the bushing is needed!

Where did you apply the lubricant? Can you take a picture showing it for us newbies?
If you remove the prop, you can see a teeny tiny brass/ bronze busing that keeps the shaft in place. Apply only small fraction of a drop!

You can make out the bushing on this pic:

Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:13 PM
HeliStyle is offline
Find More Posts by HeliStyle
hmmm...
just picked up a ncpx from my local hobby shop, I'm surprised I haven't actually flown it yet, just been to busy with other things :/
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:42 PM
Giovanni Day is offline
Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Gettin back into it!!
Giovanni Day's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I fogot about this yesterday. Yes i straighten my shafts I put them in a pair plies that has about 1mm bite per tooth. I then grab the shaft tight at one end and hit the pliers downward on to my bench with a hammer. As the pliers slide down the FS it straightens it. It will straighten it up to 15 times before it turns to butter.

I know pretty cavemanish but it works. My normal straightening method does not work on these shafts since it has a hex at one end.

I would like to see a video of that!
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:52 PM
HansV is offline
Find More Posts by HansV
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
just picked up a ncpx from my local hobby shop, I'm surprised I haven't actually flown it yet, just been to busy with other things :/
Fly it and enjoy it my friend Just set zero pitch at center as per indoorheli's excellent description and fly! This little guy is a blast!!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:34 AM
CatBird is online now
Find More Posts by CatBird
Registered User
CatBird's Avatar
I received mine on Monday, and despite the brushed motor and a bit of tail wag, I have to say this is what the mCPX v1 should have been. If I had to pick I'd take this guy over the mCPX v1. Can't speak for the v2 or brushless conversions.

And I'll be lining up like the rest when the brushless versions come out in a year or two. We know they will, and that AS3X wll get better and better. HH will do just fine spending a few bucks more on the bird and reaping the benefit of more replacement parts over time. This is an amazing time to be into micros!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:49 AM
jpconard is offline
Find More Posts by jpconard
Registered User
I'm using dx4e too, I think we are at a disadvantage. Eventually I'll get my 9x flashed and upgraded with spectrum chip. It still flies great with the dx4e though.

But I did get to radio shack and changed out the throttle hold button to a flat face style two way toggle. But I also discovered when the circuit closes throttle hold is not activated, it must be closed and then opened. Closing circuit while flying and it just kept right on flying. But I can live with that, it can still be setup for one action to activate throttle hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnppmy View Post
Just hope mine survives more flights, new to 3D thought this puppie might make it. Certainly has!

After some Sim practice, forward roll was easiest move for me, and accomplished it moments ago, not pretty but one fully recovered, wow, I'm Hooked.

Using the RTF DX4e, at just over mid stick flick the Act switch, oh my!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:30 AM
indoorheli is offline
Find More Posts by indoorheli
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Well in the process of removing my servos for a revised motor mount and 7T pinion install my elevator servo socket fell off It sure wasn't mount well in the first place.

But I was able to re-solder it and probably going to fill around it with epoxy so it doesnt happen again. So careful with them there servo sockets!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:28 AM
migser85 is offline
Find More Posts by migser85
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well in the process of removing my servos for a revised motor mount and 7T pinion install my elevator servo socket fell off It sure wasn't mount well in the first place.

But I was able to re-solder it and probably going to fill around it with epoxy so it doesnt happen again. So careful with them there servo sockets!
same happened to me with my mcpx board, was really hard to resolder it but finally worked, i think those sockets are really weak so i also recommend people to put a bit of epoxy on them when new


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 6166 Nov 20, 2016 12:57 AM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 09:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 06:07 PM