Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 02, 2013, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01
STOP Finguz, it's your main gear.

I recently purchased a new main gear and found this same problem, put the old one back on and bam, problem gone. Went back and replaced it at my LHS and it was perfect, just like my old one but not worn out.

Grab yourself a new main gear, again. Clean any crud off of your pinion gear before installing, and you should be fine.

Good luck.
+1. I bought two new main gears because, the old gear fit too loose and both new gears were out of round. I put the old gear back on and the rotor assembly rotated smooth without the ratcheting effect.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2013, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head
I replace it because I have no idea how to straiten the little bugger. It is so small and in all but one case the bend is so slight that I would rather just spend the 5 bucks. I am kind of a noob so is there a trick to straitening and is there something else that would make my blades not track well. It wasn't a big problem until I went brushless, not when I go idle up hi I can see the blades tracking terribly and the tail won't stay put. My sport setting is idle up with lower head speed and it flies fine but flip the switch and the tail is terrible and I can see the blades not tracking well. I assumed that blades not tracking = bent feathering shaft but is there something else I can adjust? I slapped some broken mcpx skids on it to put a bigger battery and that helped a lot, I figure the motor is pulling a lot of extra juice because the blades are dragging. I only have 3 mcpx batteries and like 6 nano batteries so would prefer to fix the blade tracking and use the right batteries. Plus I use the charging adapter to use the battery so I can't charger that type battery while I fly.
It was a cracked blade grip! I replaced several perfectly good parts trying to fix the blade tracking and it was a darn blade grip. Went to check feathering shaft and the grip split in two. Is this a common problem because i have been eying the cnc set.
Mar 02, 2013, 07:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head
It was a cracked blade grip! I replaced several perfectly good parts trying to fix the blade tracking and it was a darn blade grip. Went to check feathering shaft and the grip split in two. Is this a common problem because i have been eying the cnc set.
I don't think this is a common problem. I have nearly 350 flights on mine with many hard crashes. My blade grips are original.
Mar 02, 2013, 09:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs
I don't think this is a common problem. I have nearly 350 flights on mine with many hard crashes. My blade grips are original.
you are answering my questions all over the place jskaggs. I was happy to finally find the problem, I got a mild kit on it and it was flying like crap and now I know why, flew awesome today I kind of like the bling of cnc blade grips but if they aren't a failure point I will probably just save the weight and my money.

while you are feeling helpful do you know where I can get a board fixed. My mqx board went up in a puff of smoke because of stripped wires in one of the booms. Just a fet, unplug that motor and everything works fine, plug that one in and it just runs even without bind. just like a blown fet I had on my nano tail. Someone mentioned a service or site that fixes boards but I don't remember what board it was on and can't find it with a quick search.
Mar 02, 2013, 09:51 PM
Registered User
Try www.megamicros.com

Wonder if my Nano was flying like crap because the blade was weakened and I never noticed it until it finally broke?
Mar 02, 2013, 09:55 PM
Registered User
That's the link I remember seeing! A member here already pm'd me so I should be set. Thanks
Mar 03, 2013, 01:55 AM
Billy
No worries Finguz, if your motor is rough then definitely replace it. I just checked my 3 old ones, my new one and my spare, they all spin smooth here.

I've broken a few blade grips, they aren't necessarily a failure point within normal crashes, but you land inverted on them and they will crack (at least that's how mine broke each time). I am yet to bling anything I own, but my 130x is about to receive a bit of tail bling due to weak stock parts. Nano will be getting a swash plate at the same time I'm thinking, as I've broken 3 of them so far. Add that to my airtime skids and solid tail boom and she should be indestructible, well aside from canop posts and main motors lol.
Mar 03, 2013, 02:20 AM
Registered User
finguz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01
No worries Finguz, if your motor is rough then definitely replace it. I just checked my 3 old ones, my new one and my spare, they all spin smooth here.

I've broken a few blade grips, they aren't necessarily a failure point within normal crashes, but you land inverted on them and they will crack (at least that's how mine broke each time). I am yet to bling anything I own, but my 130x is about to receive a bit of tail bling due to weak stock parts. Nano will be getting a swash plate at the same time I'm thinking, as I've broken 3 of them so far. Add that to my airtime skids and solid tail boom and she should be indestructible, well aside from canop posts and main motors lol.
Horizon is sending me a new motor to try, so we'll see.

I thought about a microheli (or something cnc) swash when the time comes to replace it. I've read here it works great.

Yeah I wish there was a different setup other than the stock canopy posts. On my mcpxthey broke all the time. I could get a cf frame for $$. Tarotrc makes a mcpx one for $30... no nano one yet though. I'll probably pretty much keep mine stock too.
Mar 03, 2013, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
Wow! Just had the first solid test flight on the new G-Force 160/30C batt with the Linyx Blades and MH Alum. Blue Swash.

Awesome! Restored my Fun!

NO Tailwag period!. I think it's the better Bearings in the Swash. They sound better. I have not even lubed them yet. More Stable and Precise!

IWinter is more tolerable when you have a nicely flying Nano....
Do you have a Brushless kit installed?
Mar 03, 2013, 10:07 AM
Innovator
danford1's Avatar

Does your nano hover hands off ?


Does a stock Nano hover hands off?
I have one and it won't hover hands off. It seems I constantly have to give it some sort of input from the sticks. I'm trying to determine if my swash needs a linkage adjustment or perhaps replacement.
I bought the Nano used so I don't know if it ever hovered hands off when new...

Is there an easy way to set the swash level without buying an expensive tool?

Thanks in advance.
Danford1
Mar 03, 2013, 10:26 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1
Does a stock Nano hover hands off?
I have one and it won't hover hands off. It seems I constantly have to give it some sort of input from the sticks.
It should, yes... but it won't stay in one spot. It will hold attitude, but a helicopter holding attitude doesn't hover in one spot. You need cyclic correction to hold in one spot. In the video flight test, I do show hands-off behavior, so if your heli is doing this, it's ok. If it's not holding this well, then maybe you have a trim problem, the gyro didn't initialize right, or you need to adjust the links.

Flight test starts about 7:15
Blade Nano CPX Consumer Review and Flight Test (12 min 33 sec)
Mar 03, 2013, 10:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1
Does a stock Nano hover hands off?
I have one and it won't hover hands off. It seems I constantly have to give it some sort of input from the sticks. I'm trying to determine if my swash needs a linkage adjustment or perhaps replacement.
I bought the Nano used so I don't know if it ever hovered hands off when new...

Is there an easy way to set the swash level without buying an expensive tool?

Thanks in advance.
Danford1
If set up correctly, they will hover hands off for a few seconds before they start to drift based on my experience.
Mar 03, 2013, 10:34 AM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs
If set up correctly, they will hover hands off for a few seconds before they start to drift based on my experience.
+1, mine is very stable now, no wag but will still sit there and drift off different directions occasionally, whatever the air currents it is generating are doing, bouncing off furniture and surroundings. Unseen forces...
Mar 03, 2013, 10:48 AM
Registered User
Can u fly a nano with a dx6i. Nano is 140 degree swah and dx6 is 120
Mar 03, 2013, 11:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashj
Can u fly a nano with a dx6i. Nano is 140 degree swah and dx6 is 120
Nano is internal mixing so its a single channel swash.
So it's working great with dx6i.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 6166 Nov 19, 2016 11:57 PM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 08:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM