Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:31 AM
Billz_01 is offline
Find More Posts by Billz_01
Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
So what is the best brush less kit?
I don't' think there really is a best scenario but more personal preference. From what I can tell, most run either the Asteroid Design mild/wild kit, or the pjacq (with the white spacers) kit. You can run stock packs with the mild kits (but ofcourse they run much better with bigger batteries), and both AD & pjacq kits seem to be easy enough to work with.
I don't know anything about the bolt on kit (with the motor hanging out the side), other than I have seen pics but no-one seems to run it. It doesn't appear to be something worth spending money on in my eyes though, just thinking about the COG being all the way off to the side is bad enough.

As for programming the speedies, the suited esc seems to be the XP3a with blheli firmware. You can program it yourself with the correct gear, and a search on the forums will tell you all the gear needed.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:12 AM
turboparker is offline
Find More Posts by turboparker
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
......On a more serious note, my nano goes in the mail tomorrow for fet fix and asteroid mild kit, I am going to die from anticipation, or just wait and fly other helis
I've also been thinking about Dylan's mild kit. I really liked the kit w/linear throttle that he put together for my mCPX. However, I have not been paying much attention to the pros & cons of the various nCPX bl conversions. Do they all provide smooth, linear response across the entire throttle range, or are some of them non-linear, as was the case with many of the mCPX bl kits?

Joel
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:55 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar

Of value


Well, I'm probably guilty for starting the cat jokes, so my humblest apologies to anyone who had to wade through all that to get to useful information. I come here for more than just info, but I also have more time, so I understand those who need quick answers and technical info.

So, here's a little something I hope will be useful. As I mentioned, I killed my Nano Board learning how to flip this thing. An ad in the classifieds for a used board was answered by someone who directed me here:

http://www.megasmicros.com/AboutUs.asp

I cannot vouch for his service/quality/etc yet, but I am going to give it a try. for $25 bucks, its easily worth the risk. if you have board issues, watch this thread and I'll post back my experience.

Here's what the person who recommended it said (THANK YOU ANTHEN27)

Re: Blade Nano Main board and servo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like an easy repair......probably just reflow some solder joints......send the board to megastumbler at www.megasmicros.com $25 flat fee for repair with return shipping and turnaround time is pretty fast.......hope that helps.........
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:56 AM
oobly is offline
Find More Posts by oobly
Fly, fix, repeat
oobly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I've also been thinking about Dylan's mild kit. I really liked the kit w/linear throttle that he put together for my mCPX. However, I have not been paying much attention to the pros & cons of the various nCPX bl conversions. Do they all provide smooth, linear response across the entire throttle range, or are some of them non-linear, as was the case with many of the mCPX bl kits?

Joel
Only the Wow hobbies kit and other "plug and play" ones are non-linear since they use the motor output line instead of the signal to the FET leg. Astroid, pjacq, etc. use the signal going into the FET and are linear. With BLHeli software they also have governor mode and other options.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:57 AM
iTz Nicholas72 is offline
Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Well, I'm probably guilty for starting the cat jokes, so my humblest apologies to anyone who had to wade through all that to get to useful information. I come here for more than just info, but I also have more time, so I understand those who need quick answers and technical info.

So, here's a little something I hope will be useful. As I mentioned, I killed my Nano Board learning how to flip this thing. An ad in the classifieds for a used board was answered by someone who directed me here:

http://www.megasmicros.com/AboutUs.asp

I cannot vouch for his service/quality/etc yet, but I am going to give it a try. for $25 bucks, its easily worth the risk. if you have board issues, watch this thread and I'll post back my experience.

Here's what the person who recommended it said (THANK YOU ANTHEN27)

Re: Blade Nano Main board and servo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like an easy repair......probably just reflow some solder joints......send the board to megastumbler at www.megasmicros.com $25 flat fee for repair with return shipping and turnaround time is pretty fast.......hope that helps.........
Guess you are the one who let the cat out of the bag
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:01 AM
oobly is offline
Find More Posts by oobly
Fly, fix, repeat
oobly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
So what is the best brush less kit? I see there are basically 3 options, Asteroid kit, then another kit with white frame braces (not glued), and then the one which puts motor low and to the side (outrunner).
.....
Any advice appreciated.
There is no "best" as such, just most suitable for your needs

Astroid is lightest but requires some gluing (best for my needs), pjacq is heavier but easier to install and remove, Wow hobbies is heavy and may not be linear (se above post), the AOC one isn't really worth it IMHO.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:01 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Guess you are the one who let the cat out of the bag
I am afraid I may have crossed a (fe)line in doing so. Next time I think I should paws before hitting submit so I don't get folks hackles up!

Okay, that officially concludes the cat humor section of this thread, lest I get kicked off of here!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:16 AM
Billz_01 is offline
Find More Posts by Billz_01
Billy
Pussy(cat)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:20 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Pussy(cat)
I was waiting for that.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:38 AM
theimacman is offline
Find More Posts by theimacman
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Step 2 on my path to learning how to fly my first CP heli:

Blade Nano CP X - Learning To Fly In Stunt Mode (7 min 56 sec)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:54 AM
whichwaysup is offline
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Is anyone looking into this BL conversion for the Nano?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post23989843
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 AM
Billz_01 is offline
Find More Posts by Billz_01
Billy
I have been, I'm sure I wrote it here somewhere, but was told it had to be 2s...

That is exactly what I want for my nano.

After seeing that, I'm going to loosen the purse strings and pick one up, along with the programming gear and an XP3a.
Say hello to my future "Drunk Mosquito"!!...
Last edited by Billz_01; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:11 AM
Wookster is offline
Find More Posts by Wookster
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
I was waiting for that.
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to be the one to say it.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:26 AM
Billz_01 is offline
Find More Posts by Billz_01
Billy
Oooh oooh oooh, I can get them local. woot woot.


the motor that is.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:59 AM
oobly is offline
Find More Posts by oobly
Fly, fix, repeat
oobly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
I have been, I'm sure I wrote it here somewhere, but was told it had to be 2s...

That is exactly what I want for my nano.

After seeing that, I'm going to loosen the purse strings and pick one up, along with the programming gear and an XP3a.
Say hello to my future "Drunk Mosquito"!!...
Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but...

It is designed for 2s and the kv is right for running 2s on our helis. IF you run it 1s, it won't be as efficient AND you may have to have to use a much smaller maingear since the motor will be running only about 60% the speed you need. Also no idea if it will be powerful enough on 1s, but I suspect not.

May be worth a try I guess.... If it doesn't work, you can use a 2s ESC, voltage regulator and 2s LiPo to get it going, but that will weigh a ton.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 6166 Nov 20, 2016 12:57 AM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 09:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 06:07 PM