New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by JLink125
Yes it's a drop in replacement, I'm running one on mine.You do need to extend the boom if your running a more powerful brushless setup, however if your nano is stock or has a mild brushless motor the the extended boom isn't needed.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by shahram72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq4good View Post
How is the Blade Nano CP X ? Is it stable? thinking about get one any thing I should before pulling the trigger?
Thanks
Depends on what your definition of stable is. I am an intermediate-beginner. Basically a newbie with some skills. It is not stable at all compared to a SYMA s107, you will lose control instantly if you do not know how to control a CP bird, but it is quite stable for a micro CP and a great choice as an entry to collective pitch helicopters, as that is what I am using it for.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by CatBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq4good View Post
How is the Blade Nano CP X ? Is it stable? thinking about get one any thing I should before pulling the trigger?
Thanks
If you are moving up from a coax, I'd recommend the flybar mSR (not mSRX) first. It requires a whole different level of skill, but it's not as unforgiving as a CP heli. If you are flying single-rotor FP helis now, then I can't recommend the nCPX enough. Especially starting out, the combination of capability and durability is incredible.

Mine will hover for 5-10 seconds hands-off ... correct the wrong way and it will be in the wall in under a second. That's CP for you. The good news is that it's unlikely to hurt the heli or the wall, especially if you're quick on the TH.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125 View Post
Yes it's a drop in replacement, I'm running one on mine.You do need to extend the boom if your running a more powerful brushless setup, however if your nano is stock or has a mild brushless motor the the extended boom isn't needed.
Good point. I wasn't considering BL motors.

Normal MCPX boom, or extended?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:35 AM
Find More Posts by JLink125
Normal MCPX boom, I believe it's 125mm long. I run a stock out of the package MCPX boom with my "wild" BL nano.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by Notsogood
Hi guys,
Is there a big learning curve with a cp Heli. I have a mcx2 and a 120 sr. The mcx2 I can put just about anywhere. The 120sr is a little harder but I fly it with no problem. Both are fun but winter is here and I would like something new. Thanks David
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Yes, it is a big learning curve, both for CP and for FBL. It is well worth it.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
Okay, I'll wade in here. I just bought one of these . . er . . . Santa did. Come December 25th, I'll be maidening it. I've been flying the MSRX for a couple of years now, is this thing going to be to big a jump?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by CnadianFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Okay, I'll wade in here. I just bought one of these . . er . . . Santa did. Come December 25th, I'll be maidening it. I've been flying the MSRX for a couple of years now, is this thing going to be to big a jump?
It's a great stepping stone. I just did it and already have it inverted. The simulator has helped me a bit but this little thing is pretty solid. I have trouble with the mCP X but the Nano in my back yard even with a slight breeze is great. Enjoy it
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by ruzam
Go small or go home
Quote:
I've been flying the MSRX for a couple of years now, is this thing going to be to big a jump?
From an MSRX the step will feel just right.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
You guys are making my day. I'm looking forward to Christmas even more now!
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by Jam-ehz
When I try to pirouette starting with a still hover, tail toward me, it always starts heading to my 2 O'clock by the time it gets to 180 degrees, quite quickly in my opinion..
I figured the AS3X would keep the heli still but not the case..

Just wondering if there's something to adjust on the heli, or am I just expected to counter it with the sticks?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
When I try to pirouette starting with a still hover, tail toward me, it always starts heading to my 2 O'clock by the time it gets to 180 degrees, quite quickly in my opinion..
I figured the AS3X would keep the heli still but not the case..

Just wondering if there's something to adjust on the heli, or am I just expected to counter it with the sticks?
This is natural for the small guys I am starting to get the hang of it. but till till then I could hardly turn it 180 without having it swing way out there. in the house all I could do with hover tail in in the house.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Hi there!

As has been noted - it's the next logical step. It's nearly as tough as the original mSR, but it flies much better than the mCPX, and it's also a better aerobatic ship. I really enjoy flying mine in the living room & also in the backyard right from the deck.

Joel
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by Tat76
I'm loving mine so far and after two days of flying I'm hooked.. I do feel that I've lost some power either from the lipos or the motor. Full throttle, climbs slow it seems but maybe it's me since at first I wouldn't make fast moves.
Is there an aftermarket charger? Can I use a power supply from my big lipo charger (2s-3s) to power the charger instead of using AA?