Thread Tools
Sep 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers View Post
I got a shipping notice from HH this morning that my preorder has shipped on the 10th with UPS trackin it will arrive on the 14th. I hope it will fly as well as the 130x I got last month. I may have got lucky with the 130x as other then checking the screws and some lube in the bearings it is the best heli I've ever flown. hope the nano is just as good. Both my mcpx's have done well for what they are. Never claimed to be a 3D heli so I didn't expect to much. Seems the nano is more 3D like the 130x but will find out at the end of the week. Anyone else got on on the way?.
I think the nano will be more like the mcpx with just a little more relative power to allow for aileron tic-tocs. I also pre-ordered mine but didn't get the shipping notice yet. Are you sure it wasn't a partial shipment for items that were already in stock that you ordered at the same time?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
Registered User
RMSlinkers's Avatar
I edited my post after I posted this. It was a partial shipment but didn't see the last part of the notice. I thought they would ship it all together when the nano came in.
Sep 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers View Post
I edited my post after I posted this. It was a partial shipment but didn't see the last part of the notice. I thought they would ship it all together when the nano came in.
Yeah, same thing happened to me. Stupid partial order got me all excited. That's how I knew to point it out to you.
Sep 11, 2012, 11:20 AM
I did that on purpose.
I would think HH could easily make a control board with a brushless controller. The airplane versions of the AS3X are brushless (and 2s capable). Adding in another FET for the 3 brushless leads is not likely to be hard.

It could easily be a software modification to go from brushed to brushless control - you just change how the FETs control current.

It would be a nice way to extend the MCPX life-cycle. A V3 brushless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Oops, I must have looked at an mSR motor..

This makes a BL upgrade more realistic, assuming the nCPx will have a similar motor, but the spare parts list suggests something else. Could go in both directions.
Sep 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
they easily could...but why now when it is cheaper to make brushed and they can sell you a brushless version later.
But for now you can get a dual output conversion board that after you cut the power wires off weighs around 2 grams. Which is only as much as my first esc/thesteve mcpx conversion...not bad for an additional converter/esc built in
Sep 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User
Teckos's Avatar
What batteries are you guys stocking up for this lovely bird?
Sep 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
What batteries are you guys stocking up for this lovely bird?
Turnigy 160mah 30c.
Sep 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Registered User
Teckos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Turnigy 160mah 30c.
Sweet! I already use these for my umx 300 extra
Sep 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
turbovector's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
What batteries are you guys stocking up for this lovely bird?
Miniaviation 190's.
Sep 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
I'm going with turnigys since you can get 20 for 30 bucks..and I already have 15 or so.
Sep 11, 2012, 09:53 PM
Big FPV Balls
noobiznessflying's Avatar
just when I thought I was out of the heli game hh pulls me right back in with the n cpx.

ahhh, can't wait to get my hands on one!
Sep 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
nanotech 160mah $1.30 a piece can buy 5 for the price of one thunderpower. MIght get a thunderpower just to compare.
Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 AM
Registered User
Does any one think the nano is more of a gimmick ! will they be that much of a difference from the mcpx v2 ? and also if people have an mcpx is it worth spending the money on a brushless conversion than on the new ncpx . It just feels like a mixed bag of parts from there other micro helis .
Sep 12, 2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
Does any one think the nano is more of a gimmick ! will they be that much of a difference from the mcpx v2 ? and also if people have an mcpx is it worth spending the money on a brushless conversion than on the new ncpx . It just feels like a mixed bag of parts from there other micro helis .
No, I think the mCPX will fade away gradually once the Nano CP is proven to be better. Everybody knows about the quirks of the mCPX: the occasional wobble, easy to break canopy pins, weak boom, and occasional motor bogging down and tail blowouts doing 3D. If these defects are sorted as Dave has claimed, I would say there is no point in buying a more expensive mCPX.
Sep 12, 2012, 06:17 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
No, I think the mCPX will fade away gradually once the Nano CP is proven to be better. Everybody knows about the quirks of the mCPX: the occasional wobble, easy to break canopy pins, weak boom, and occasional motor bogging down and tail blowouts doing 3D. If these defects are sorted as Dave has claimed, I would say there is no point in buying a more expensive mCPX.
I don't know if I'm there. I think, as someone mentioned before, that HH has a good opportunity to now introduce a brushless mCPx. It would be something between the mCPx and the 130x and personally I think this is a nice product offering.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 6166 Nov 19, 2016 11:57 PM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 08:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM