Dec 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
they dont sell the replacement cable, the one on bevrc is not the right cable for the storm. Nova yes, storm no...

I had to join one half of the bevrc one will the broken cable. lucky i had the right side come off..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright View Post
they dont sell the replacement cable, the one on bevrc is not the right cable for the storm. Nova yes, storm no...

I had to join one half of the bevrc one will the broken cable. lucky i had the right side come off..
Thanks. I checked again and it seems to be the one for Storm :
http://www.bevrc.com/new-gps-cable20cm_p513.html

Worse case, I'll cut the wires as you said.
Dec 23, 2012, 04:58 AM
Youtube: TomRi25
I fixed mine with a drop of epoxy on both ends (where they leave the connector), before breaking it ofcourse It is really quick and cheap fix,
on Nova I didn't do it in time so the wires breaked just out of the connector, so I had to resolder all of them with bigger servo lead.

BTW: does the link above work for you??
Dec 23, 2012, 06:43 AM
sheesh ya people r gonna be checking this at work and stuff.... Prolly should remove that link
Last edited by mrracer98; Dec 23, 2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Cuz that link is p-o-r-n
Dec 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
it does if u want p0rn... W-T-F going on, almost had my 3yr old see that..
Dec 24, 2012, 01:45 AM
So far i have been operating rth manually via three way switch, but here's how i will do it on my ezuhf tx attached to my futada. Probably will do this while plane is on ground and then check while in air. First, remove prop. Switch on tx and rx etc in plane. Make sure plane is level and make sure osd is showing/receiving satalites ( remember storm rth doesn't operate/kick-in unless you have satalites. second - move throttle to somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle ( it's good to give a little xtra throttle in case of headwind etc, toggle on the rth feature using threeway switch then hit the actual bind/failsafe button on ezuhf tx unit. BY DOING THAT THE OSD RECORDS THOSE SETTINGS (RTN ) AND THE TX SIMULTANEOUSLY LOCKS IN THE THROTTLE POSITION. hOPE THIS HELPS !!
Dec 24, 2012, 02:00 AM
Team WarpSquad
windmoore. What your doing works. But not for the reasons you state. You can set the failsafes even if the OSD is not connected.. The OSD does not 'record settings'. The osd simply reacts to the signals it receives from the RX.. In this case, the signal your most interested in, is the channel (CHx) used for the osd mode.

What you are doing is teaching the RX the proper failsafe settings. The 2 main parts that must be in the TX failsafe for the Storm is: throttle position at failsafe because the storm does not control throttle, and CHx position failsafe, where CHx is the channel that your using for the RTH switch.
Dec 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi guys, I have just set up the storm OSD on my Sirius, but have a little problem when setting up gain. RTH seems to work fine when a higher gain value is set (such as 95%). I tried setting it to <60, but I almost lost sight of the plane (was testing LOS) before the plane started to circle... This was quite a frightening experience :/ Could the storm circling radius be somehow set up in such a way to be minimised a bit, or is it only the altitude that could be set up? Problem with my RTH currently is that the circling radius is huge.
Dec 24, 2012, 02:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
You can set the max roll and pitch angles in the setup. Would this help? I am not sure.

If it works like you want it at the high gain setting, is there a reason that you wanted to lower the gain to <60?
Dec 24, 2012, 03:25 PM
No reason, actually I was seeing other fpv videos, and they are actually all set lower than 80 %. thought that maybe I was in the wrong my current roll angle is 27 %, and pitch 15% I'll try increasing this a bit and get back with the result. Merry Xmas by the way!
Dec 28, 2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
windmoore. What your doing works. But not for the reasons you state. You can set the failsafes even if the OSD is not connected.. The OSD does not 'record settings'. The osd simply reacts to the signals it receives from the RX.. In this case, the signal your most interested in, is the channel (CHx) used for the osd mode.

What you are doing is teaching the RX the proper failsafe settings. The 2 main parts that must be in the TX failsafe for the Storm is: throttle position at failsafe because the storm does not control throttle, and CHx position failsafe, where CHx is the channel that your using for the RTH switch.
Thanks for the clarification, all information is helpful. I do feel more confortable though setting failsafes with all components active simultaneously and positioned correctly for FS. That is, with the plane's throttle at 1/2-3/4 and my three way switch set in the rth position along with osd powered up and functioning. Incidentally, I did fly the skywalker after setting the FS as I described and it responded fantastically. I even shut the tx off numerous times while the plane was in the air ( 250 ft up ) and FS kicked in and Storm took over, and did exactly what it was supposed to do; It flew itself, so I went and got a cup of coffee. Just kidding, but I could have.
Dec 28, 2012, 07:08 AM
I am following this tread from the beginning
Offcourse there where some problems but...
The biggest problem with the storm are the customers
When you are asking questions about setting up Failsafe !!
Connectings and/or voltages
Ask yourself if you are ready for fpv
first start with the basics and later look at these kind of advanced stuff
Dec 28, 2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76 View Post
Boom... that's the 3pointer.. spot on lad
Dec 28, 2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76 View Post
Come come now… That’s quite a statement „The biggest problem with the storm are the customers“. Without customers… no sales… no product. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with your last statement “ first start with the basics and later look at …..” but I also believe that the main function of forums such as this one is to ask questions with the hope that someone with more knowledge and experience can help me, just as I would try to help someone else.
I also am a follower of the thread from the beginning and have thankfully gained some very important knowledge from reading and following the tips posted here.

In short, to everyone, keep asking questions, no matter how they may seem to be. The answers may help someone else also, including the product designers.

Dan
My FPV / Flight Videos
Last edited by Stasiak; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Dec 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
3D Crazy
+1 agreed.................Merry Christmas & Happy new year.

Quick Reply