Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 06, 2012, 09:46 AM
Registered User
I think most users still waiting report and bug from other users because not 100% satisfied with NOVA OSD and with not very good after sales support by bevrc.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2012, 01:22 PM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Koo's Avatar
Review: Storm OSD with Built in Autopilot (7 min 1 sec)


Review by alishanmao
Sep 07, 2012, 10:12 PM
RTFM
octane81's Avatar
Was that a review from aliscwanmoo ... ? more like an unboxing if u ask me... i think he needs to actually test it before he can call it a review.
Sep 07, 2012, 10:25 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
hpcoolahan's Avatar
agreed.

I might have mine done before he does yet..lol
Sep 07, 2012, 11:49 PM
RTFM
octane81's Avatar
Its all about getting those pennies from youtube u know
anyway looking forward getting my storm aswell, also made a suggustion to bevrc/cyclops about getting them to impliment max min rssi, so we can get rssi in % , rather than just raw voltage.
Sep 08, 2012, 01:09 AM
FPV in Hawaii
iskess's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81
Its all about getting those pennies from youtube u know
anyway looking forward getting my storm aswell, also made a suggustion to bevrc/cyclops about getting them to impliment max min rssi, so we can get rssi in % , rather than just raw voltage.
Let us know if you ever get the sense that anyone is listening to you at Cyclops. I'm hoping they start paying attention to the customer's requests someday soon.
Sep 09, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Storm OSD demo video 2 (6 min 14 sec)


Demo video 2
Sep 09, 2012, 07:13 PM
FPV in Hawaii
iskess's Avatar
Wow, it looks like everything we ever dreamed the Nova could be.

(except no gps coordinates)
(...and no support)
Sep 10, 2012, 07:02 AM
Fly like a bird
Please update the manual, we add more pics and correct the power error, the menu will be used for Nova OSD also, so for Nova users, a new firmware will be released soon.
Sep 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVRC
Please update the manual, we add more pics and correct the power error, the menu will be used for Nova OSD also, so for Nova users, a new firmware will be released soon.
That's sound greatĦĦĦĦ

Bevrc, please talk with the Cyclops devp team and ask to him for fix the current account bug in the Nova OSD, making for example one funtion like the reset current option in the Storm osd.
Sep 10, 2012, 09:10 AM
Breaker of Things
ppridday's Avatar
I was very close to buying one of the Cyclops OSD systems. I think I will look elsewhere however after hearing the support problems and update problems associated with them. Too bad as they look like reasonably priced OSD's with nice features.

Paul
Sep 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
wwd
wwd
Registered User
Hello,
for reasons of uncertainty, I am having a problem understanding how to use a 4s Lipo for powering motor. It seems that I pull the jumper off of the 1 & 2 pins next to the current sensor and leave it open. Then use a 3s Lipo on the camera input and the Vtx pins? Or do I use a 3s lipo on original pins, or pins 2 & 3? If someone of knowledge could direct me to a simple diagram, maybe I could understand it.
Thank You for Your time.
Wwd
Sep 10, 2012, 10:40 AM
FPV'r
ror1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwd
Hello,
for reasons of uncertainty, I am having a problem understanding how to use a 4s Lipo for powering motor. It seems that I pull the jumper off of the 1 & 2 pins next to the current sensor and leave it open. Then use a 3s Lipo on the camera input and the Vtx pins? Or do I use a 3s lipo on original pins, or pins 2 & 3? If someone of knowledge could direct me to a simple diagram, maybe I could understand it.
Thank You for Your time.
Wwd
you need jumper pins 2-3.
the 4S goes to current sensor ONLY.
you need 3S to connect to 12V power on OSD card.
the avout and avin connected at OSD board will power 12V to camera and vTx.
the avout and avin cable is just a standard servo cable.
hopes this helps..
Sep 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
wwd
wwd
Registered User
Hello ror1,
Thank You very much. Just the answer I was hoping for.
Removed jumper added 3s lipo power to pins 2 & 3. 16+ volts on sensor, 12+volts on video.

Wwd
Last edited by wwd; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: adding additional information
Sep 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
Registered User

power supply


Power Solution


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! CYCLOPS OSD 1.5 GPS problem. grassiew FPV Equipment 2 Apr 26, 2013 08:30 PM
Discussion Use the CYCLOPS NOVA OSD System Auto-return function Rc Heli Halle Multirotor Drone Talk 14 Dec 22, 2012 07:08 PM
For Sale For sale Cyclops OSD NOVA Schmoopiebunny FPV Equipment (FS/W) 26 Mar 26, 2012 10:18 PM
For Sale Cyclops Easy OSD V1.6 New In Package stewtheman FPV Equipment (FS/W) 4 Mar 22, 2012 11:08 PM
For Sale burned mainboard Cyclops nova osd parts for sale or trade rellik demanon FPV Equipment (FS/W) 11 Mar 09, 2012 08:13 PM