Aug 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Cyclops Storm OSD

I found this on sale, I see no infrared sensor borad, really no idea if it's better than the nova, I hope that the experts say.

Features:
♦ Reliable AHRS based, don't be affected by weather and background of flying field. Fully tested with wooden, EPO, EPP and even oil-drived 15-class planes, proven robust anti-vibration algorithms. No need extra anti-vibration devices.
♦ Tiny size with ALL-IN-ONE design, the main-board integrates OSD, AHRS sensors, barometre sensor, and the control unit, also with enough input and output ports, offer precise attitue hold and staberlization.
♦ Fully tested with different kinds of planes, support normal 4-channels plane, V-tail, and flyingwings.
♦ 3 flying modes, make your fly easier and funny, manual mode, PA mode, and RTH mode
♦ 3 OSD screens, you can always find your favorite one
♦ New 10hz gps module with back-up battery, 5 seconds locking time after first locking. 100A current sensor module.

]

see you later
Last edited by BENJAS; Feb 08, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 09:43 AM
Giro and accel chips can be seen as well as a barometer.
Unfortunately, still no throttle management, hard to understand how this autopilot will maintain level or an altitude while RTH. "enough input and output ports" are ailerons and elevator only. Aileron using Y cable only.
So, seems just a cosmetic IR sensors replacement with an inertial unit.
Aug 27, 2012, 02:40 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
well i ordered one yesterday , so hope its good.
My nova has worked faultlessly , so this one with out any ir problems to worrie about should be good.

We shall see in a few weeks

Cheers
Patrick
Aug 27, 2012, 04:39 AM
Subscribed.
Aug 27, 2012, 05:24 AM
I wonder why people consider such solutions a bargain...
For the amount above you can buy instead the following:
- $70 a 2560 based flight controller fitted with the best sensors today, including also a magnetometer, which the board subject of this thread does not feature.
- $25 a GPS
- $46 the dedicated OSD
Total $141. What is missing, a current sensor worth $15.
You can load on this combo the Arduplane software and the combination rocks !
Instead plain RTH you get also automatic takeoff and landing, unlimited points navigation, throttle management, customizable LCD layout and a lot of other goodies. And control of the code your plane fly, not waiting for an illusory support from an unknown deaf manufacturer without email address and name.
Aug 27, 2012, 06:54 AM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
- $70 a 2560 based flight controller fitted with the best sensors today, including also a magnetometer, which the board subject of this thread does not feature.
- $25 a GPS
- $46 the dedicated OSD
Instead plain RTH you get also automatic takeoff and landing, unlimited points navigation, throttle management, customizable LCD layout and a lot of other goodies. And control of the code your plane fly, not waiting for an illusory support from an unknown deaf manufacturer without email address and name.
is this only for quadcopter?
Aug 27, 2012, 06:57 AM
No, the software arduplane, how it sounds ?
Aug 27, 2012, 07:39 AM
FPV'r
Quote:
No, the software arduplane, how it sounds ?
ok thanks. sounds good. I currently have Nova cyclops. Have not used all features yet.
Can you recommend where to buy this stuff?
will GPS unit from Nova fit this one?
I found one on ebay but better to go where we know result.

Thanks again..
Aug 27, 2012, 08:44 AM
Check here and contact author for more deeper technicals

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=82

Yes, the nova gps will work !
Aug 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
I always wanted such solution. Give me details where should I buy it.

I always wanted open source solution for RTH and OSD and waypoint navigation. Landing and takeoff is great plus.

Thanks for information.

Quote:
- $25 a GPS
- $46 the dedicated OSD
Aug 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
- $25 a GPS
- $46 the dedicated OSD

Where I can find the flight controller for abount 70$ ? could you please post a link or any other detail about it ?
Aug 27, 2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Check here and contact author for more deeper technicals

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=82

Yes, the nova gps will work !
Thank you very much RENATOA, you have open my eyes !
Aug 27, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
- $25 a GPS
- $46 the dedicated OSD
Welp! Looks like I'm not gonna be buying OSDs anymore!
Aug 27, 2012, 12:27 PM
Does not look so easy from the first point of view.

We would need step by step help to be able to use it.
I would like to have such documentation before purchasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelan View Post
Welp! Looks like I'm not gonna be buying OSDs anymore!
Aug 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
RTFM
Please start a new thread about this "diy osd". This thread is about Cyclops Storm.

The Storm looks like a good all in one package to me ... plug & play.
Just hope Cyclops have learnt from the mistakes made on the Nova , like with the mAh bug.

Quick Reply