May 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Thread OP
Looks great! Thanks for the tips. I was asking because I was wondering how the silver shows through the blue, I assumed it had to be put on while wet or something. I see now the metallic is part of the blue and not the silver at all... ;-)

Jack
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2013, 01:48 PM
Very nice Bossee. So the 8s battery combination is not working out? Can the Hacker A60-7XS motor handle 10s? As soon as I can locate a yellow, black and red Mythos 125e kit I'm going to put together a plane, 10s battery, motor and ESC combo with AUW goal of <10 lbs. I have the perfect AXI motor (249 kv)for it. Now to find a kit, anyone out there have any ideas or possibly know of one for sale? The next shipment is not due in until July 2013. TN Walker
May 29, 2013, 02:59 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Thread OP
IMO, some are really missing the entire point of this plane...
May 29, 2013, 05:17 PM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
TN Walker,
8 cells works fine but where I fly much it is windy most of the time and when it is blowing high winds I feel my present prop (APC 19x10 electric) do not give the pull I want in climbing vertical. Testing other props with 8 cells (instead of 6 cells) will keep current lower. 6 cells will be fine with a good prop/motor/battery/ESC combination, as You can read in this thread, since as it has been mentioened earlier in this thread if You can get enough watt out of Your motor with a good prop it will be enogh power for most flying conditions.

In my case I will set my plane on "diet" so to speak ang get the weight down by about 300 gram and with a better prop - both more overall efficient and 2 inch more pitch - I think I might get what I want as far as performance in vertical climb.
I have seen full 2 x 2 M machines fly with the larger Falcon carbon V2 carbon props and they are very good so I expect the smaller 19 x 12 V2 carbon prop together with my motor (Hacker A60-7XS) will do some good to my plane.
With a prop that is more efficient I may be able to throttle down more on horizontal flight and when needed like in climbing vertical I can add power and get better pull. With wise throttle management my 8 cells 5000 mAh battery should still have about 20% capacity left when I'm finished flying (the schedule). With present prop I get only max 70 amp (with my 8 cells/30 volt I get then about 2000 watt att full throttle). But I can prop the plane for more amp draws without ESC and battery will be near their limits, and that is what I'm going to do.

Although I have read about people using 10 cells in MythoS 125E I personally do not think that is needed. You can as well use the larger MythoS Pro 2x 2 M then (if money is no problem).
There could probably be some problem to get center of gravity in about 220 mm as mentioned in the manual if You select 10 cells (heavier) since You can probably not move the battery pack backwards as long as You may want/need, there is a plywood piece for the wing mounting bolts that will be the limit how far the battery pack can be.

The idea behind MythoS 125E was to be able to fly it on 6 cells and keep the cost down.
With 8 cells You get obviously more volt so amp draw can be kept lower but You need a high voltage ESC then also (since non HV ESC has usually their limits at max 6 cells). With lower amp the batteries may not need to work as hard and perhaps last little longer (just hoping). In my case I know my motor Hacker A60-7XS is rated for max 1900 watt for 15 sec but it is margins built in so it would probably be safe to get 500 watt or so more out of it in brief periods like in climbing vertically - larger props with more pitch will draw more current and give more watt (if battery, ESC and motor can cope with it).
So for me 8 cells with my motor that Hacker say is suitable for 8 cells (and my ESC can handle up to 130 amp continous plus my present 40C battery or when I change to lighter 25C ThunderPower G8 5000 mAh can deliver rather much amp) it will be little better for experimenting with various props to get little better performance.

Hacker A60-7XS has specification of max 1900 watt at 15 sec. As long as You do not go too much over that specification I suppose 10 cells would work but Hacker say it is a 8 cell motor. Hacker A60-7S and A60-8S is for 10 cells.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; May 29, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
May 29, 2013, 07:41 PM
Bossee, I appreciate all your information. My search for a yellow, black and red Mythos 125E may be in vain. I talked to a representative of ThunderPower, Inc. in Las Vegas, NV a couple of hours ago and was told that they were not going to import and distribute any more Mythos 125E's in the future due to some shipping related problems with the plane. He did not specify what kind of problems but I suspect it was the excessive cost of shipping the plane here in the USA. After all it is considered an "oversize package" and to some that could be a financial problem. I fly Master pattern and am looking for a capable smaller practice plane and not just a plane to bore holes in the sky with, etc. I have a Contra Drive 2m Prolog and need an everyday plane so my primary plane will hopefully last longer. Again Thanks, TN Walker
May 30, 2013, 12:15 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
TN Walker,
The box for MythoS 125E is huge so it is probably why ThunderPower will not import any more such plane.
Smaller practice plane: MythoS 125E is just 10 cm smaller (length and wingspan) compared to the full MythoS Pro so it is not much difference in seize to a 2 x 2 M plane.

Not that many "110 - 125" class F3A planes out there that I'm aware of.
Maybe advertise for a second hand MythoS 125E (unbuilt or assembeled)?

You live in US?
If Yes, why not buy one from Graves R/C (Orlando, Florida), they have two MythoS 125E Yellow in stock:
http://www.gravesrc.com/SEBART_Mytho...sebm125-yb.htm

You have Sebart Wind S 110E also but it is kind of old design now.
I have also the smaller Wind S 50E that files great but to fly Masters schedule with it is maybe streching little to much of it's capabilites.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; May 30, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
May 30, 2013, 02:06 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Hi,
Just thought I post a photo how MythoS 125E look outside with the new painted canopy. When I flew yesterday the rain started as soon as I arrived at the field... so much of the evening the model spent under a tarpaulin. But I got 7 flights between the showers.

/Bo
May 30, 2013, 08:47 AM
SAB
SAB
TN Walker,

That's disapointing news about the US distributor not suporting the Mythos 125
What the US needs is a distributor that fully supports the Sebart line AND at prices comparible with the rest of the world !! - example the Mythos 125 is about 15-20% cheaper than the EF Vanquish 2M in Europe yet in the US the Mythos 125 is 30% more expensive than the Vanquish... !!
Sebart planes are very rare at RC clubs in the US but elsewhare in the world they are very popular - what a pity !
Have you tried Discount LiPo's in LV for a yellow/black Mythos?

Steve
May 30, 2013, 08:54 AM
SAB
SAB
Bo,

I think you will be fine with a heavier load prop on your motor. Hacker are usualy conservative on their ratings.
Interesting that Hacker Germany say peak Watts for your motor is 1900 yet the US distributor (Aero-Model Inc.) say it's 2500W
https://www.aero-model.com/8_72_1927...-7XS%20V2.html

Steve
May 30, 2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks Bo, I just placed my order with Margie at Graves RC. You have saved me a bunch of time shopping on the internet. I won't be posting much in the way of pictures or building progress reports but trust me, it will be done first class down to the last bolt or screw. I appreciate your openness and willing to help others. Take care, TN Walker
May 30, 2013, 09:12 AM
Steve, I tried Discountlipos many times by phone and email=NO response! They may well have gone out of business. I've looked at the 2M Vanquish, watched it fly several times and was not impressed. I know Sebart Is a first class operation and builds/sells QUALITY! This Mythos 125E is a stepping stone for me on the way to the 2M Mythos scheduled for release later this year or next. Besides that, my Contra Drive 2M Prolog needs a break (300 flights in 6months). Thanks for your guidance. I'm sure the Hacker 7s is fine but, my little Axi (249kv) with a weight of 495g is going to be what I need with it's flexibility to run either 8s or 10s.
May 30, 2013, 10:30 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB
Bo,

I think you will be fine with a heavier load prop on your motor. Hacker are usualy conservative on their ratings.
Interesting that Hacker Germany say peak Watts for your motor is 1900 yet the US distributor (Aero-Model Inc.) say it's 2500W
https://www.aero-model.com/8_72_1927...-7XS%20V2.html

Steve
Hi,
I have placed an order today on Falcon 19x12 V2 electric carbon props and Falcon 75 mm electric carbon spinner. I will report back when I have tested the new prop to see how much amp I will get and how many watts I will get (compared to the APC 19x10 electric I use today). And a subject feel how the change of prop influence horisontal and vertical flying.

Yes it is little strange that Aero-Model and Hacker give different watts in specifications for A60-7XS. Hacker say 1900 watt for "15 sec" (is that considered "burst"?).
http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&t=3&c=32&p=32

Aero-Models just say 2500 watt "burst".
Anyway, a Hacker A60-7XS can probably handle 2500 watt burst (at least a handful of seconds) just fine.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; May 31, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
May 30, 2013, 10:35 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Walker
Thanks Bo, I just placed my order with Margie at Graves RC. You have saved me a bunch of time shopping on the internet. I won't be posting much in the way of pictures or building progress reports but trust me, it will be done first class down to the last bolt or screw. I appreciate your openness and willing to help others. Take care, TN Walker
Glad I could help a little.
When Your MythoS 125E is ready please post a photo here in this thread. It is always fun to see others planes ready for flight.

/Bo
May 31, 2013, 09:42 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Hi,

I got the Falcon 75 mm electric carbon spinner today. I have not received the Falcon 19x12 V2 electric carbon prop yet. But I mounted the spinner together with my present APC 19x10 electric prop until I get the Falcon prop.
I had to grind of a little carbon of the spinner to get it to fit the APC prop.

Falcon spinner is very well made and weight is only 19 gram compared to original Sebart spinner weight of 58 gram.
The Falcon 75 mm spinner has 8 mm hole for prop shaft so it fitted exactly on the shaft on my Hacker A60-7XS motor.

Will fly my MythoS 125E again this evening, weather looks good.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; May 31, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
May 31, 2013, 10:49 AM
Nice touch Bo! At this point, I'm interested in the vertical performance and duration of flight on your 8s setup. Also, the AUW (all up weight) when you do recieve the Falcon 19x12 V2 prop you have on order.

Quick Reply