Thread Tools
Dec 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
will a Hacker Q80s fit?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle
will a Hacker Q80s fit?
Nothing is impossible - but a Q80s (the front mounted one) in a 125 MythoS would get close! Q80M may be possible - but is a little 'long'.

If you look at the pics the Mythos motor is rear mounted on a firewall, and the cowl is a glass constructed 'cover' with no structural integrity.

For Q80s you need real strength for both the front mounting, and for the rear brace to hold the back of the motor against the gyroscopic forces. And given the diameter of the motor, building a cage for it is quite a challenge (I did that for one of my Infinity's after the Q80 broke out of its original mounting)!

Gibbo
Dec 05, 2012, 04:29 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo9000
Nothing is impossible - but a Q80s (the front mounted one) in a 125 MythoS would get close! Q80M may be possible - but is a little 'long'.

If you look at the pics the Mythos motor is rear mounted on a firewall, and the cowl is a glass constructed 'cover' with no structural integrity.

For Q80s you need real strength for both the front mounting, and for the rear brace to hold the back of the motor against the gyroscopic forces. And given the diameter of the motor, building a cage for it is quite a challenge (I did that for one of my Infinity's after the Q80 broke out of its original mounting)!

Gibbo
The MythoS firewall is double plywood, no glass/poly sandwich material like the smaller planes...

Jack
Dec 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
@Jack~ I was curious if you plan on coming up in a few months for SEFF? I would love to see this ship in person
Dec 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
I've been putting the finishing touches on my MythoS 125e (my first F3A type model), and I was concerned about the RTF weight, because...

The graphics on the box says 4.4kg RTF minus battery...which would definitely put the model over 5.0kg RTF. The instructions however state 3.650kg RTF less motor battery. I suspected right away the box was wrong and the instructions were more likely, but here's how mine turned out.

RTF (minus motor battery) mine came in at 3.880kg, which is more than the manufacturer states (the usual case in any form of modeling ). With a very loose range of 6S battery weights being say between .750kg to .875kg, this puts me in a range of about 4.6kg to 4.75kg RTF.

For what little I know, sounds good to me.

(-: Dave
Dec 11, 2012, 04:17 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
@Jack~ I was curious if you plan on coming up in a few months for SEFF? I would love to see this ship in person
I missed SEFF last year and I swore that would be the only one I missed! The only issue in the way is the FCAT testing for my kid that week, still trying to see if there is any way to do it, I want to go!

Jack
Dec 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddahl
I've been putting the finishing touches on my MythoS 125e (my first F3A type model), and I was concerned about the RTF weight, because...

The graphics on the box says 4.4kg RTF minus battery...which would definitely put the model over 5.0kg RTF. The instructions however state 3.650kg RTF less motor battery. I suspected right away the box was wrong and the instructions were more likely, but here's how mine turned out.

RTF (minus motor battery) mine came in at 3.880kg, which is more than the manufacturer states (the usual case in any form of modeling ). With a very loose range of 6S battery weights being say between .750kg to .875kg, this puts me in a range of about 4.6kg to 4.75kg RTF.

For what little I know, sounds good to me.

(-: Dave
I think you'll be good. Most of us assumed the box was wrong back when this was first announced but I never really compared my final weight...

Jack
Dec 11, 2012, 04:42 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Best o luck Jack and I hope ya make it; but I certainly understand there are some things (albeit few) that are more important than SEFF.
Dec 12, 2012, 06:43 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Best o luck Jack and I hope ya make it; but I certainly understand there are some things (albeit few) that are more important than SEFF.
I never said that! ;-)
Dec 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
KE your cub.
Curare's Avatar
Well, I FINALLY got my mythos out for a burn on saturday morning.

Running with the stock A60-6XS, and a 6s 6600mah pack, I was concerned that I may over-cook the packs for the first run so de-propped to a 19x10 which kept max power to a respectable 85 amps.

I tried it, and wow, for a first flight it instilled some confidence. No real mix was required, and within the second flight it was subjected to rolling loops, knife edge loops,and triangles.

Third flight I tried to get through the P13, which it'll do pretty much everything, there's more trimming to be done and more prop speed would help as with the 19x10 it's slow on the uplines, but it's definetely a keeper.
Dec 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
Registered User

Differential


Hi,

Could anyone please advise a good setting for the Aileron Differential on the Mythos?

Regards,
Dec 17, 2012, 12:13 AM
KE your cub.
Curare's Avatar
Nup, haven't gone that far in trimming, do you know how to set up your diff?
Dec 17, 2012, 05:26 AM
Registered User
I use a DX8, so the differential can easily be setup on the transmitter or am I missing something?

Regards
Dec 17, 2012, 06:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosie
Hi,
Could anyone please advise a good setting for the Aileron Differential on the Mythos?
Regards,
I didn't find it needed any - it tracks perfectly straight without. There may be other ways but I flight test this establishing 45 degree upline and then putting into continuous right roll (and repeat for left). If it keeps straight all is fine, if he heads to right or left adjust diffferntial till it stays straight.
Dec 17, 2012, 07:05 AM
Registered User
After flying it in a couple of one day comps, and (where we fly 4 x P13 and not F) I must say this is a great air-frame. But on 8s 5,000 in windy conditions it was too close to capacity limit at 5% left (and that was being careful!)

So I put in the EF Silver Bullet (220kv; just needs 11mm of spacer from firewall) and moved it to 10s. I started with some trepidation on the 20.5 x 14 APC prop - thought it may be very power hungry - but it isn't. Pulls 75A peak and is awesome to fly - don't need more than 70 - 80% throttle. Feels like the airframe has quite a bit of drag, so with the higher pitch prop it doesn't feel much faster than the 8s setup even though on paper it should be 30%+ faster. But it locks in even better on lines, and is easier to snap cleanly. Tracks best for me with CofG about 1cm in front of recommended. Have flown P in practice and it is coming home with 25% plus on 4600 G3's.

Challenge now is to get it on a bit of a diet as in this configuration it is over 5kg . .


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review New SebArt KatanaS 50E - Build Thread/Mini Review Bill K. Sport Planes 335 Feb 26, 2017 10:19 AM
Mini-Review New Sebart KatanaS 30e - Build Thread/Mini-Review Bill K. 3D Flying 1097 Nov 22, 2015 04:22 PM
Build Log SebArt Sukhoi 29S 140E Build Thread... jfetter 3D Flying 438 Mar 31, 2014 11:31 PM
Build Log Turnigy (TECHone) Mythos Build Thread The_Mongrel Australia 13 Feb 13, 2013 07:59 PM
For Sale NEW SebArt Mytho S 125E FREE SHIPPING DiscountLipos Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Aug 29, 2012 05:00 PM