This thread is privately moderated by SkyKopter, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
Trader Rating: -1
Thread OP
For Sale

***New Video*** New 1000mm CF Octo Frame

New 1000mm CF Octo frame with 450mm X 25mm Booms, 15"Landing Gear, Dual Battery/Camera Mount Plate, CF Motor Mounts, Acrylic Dome, and all clamps, Bolts, & press on nuts. SLR2, AV130, AV200, & Cinestar Gimbals are compatible. $1275.00 shipped.

Forgive my Daughters first attempt @ videography: http://youtu.be/AOdL9obNhnw
Last edited by SkyKopter; Aug 26, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: New Video
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
Trader Rating: 10
Be careful with this seller. I bought a used "Cinestar" frame from him and it was not as described, and likely an inferior copy. Currently in a paypal dispute.
Aug 28, 2012, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeehaanow
Be careful with this seller. I bought a used "Cinestar" frame from him and it was not as described, and likely an inferior copy. Currently in a paypal dispute.
Beware of this buyer. He will make false accusations to try and get something for nothing. Took responsibility and offered to replace cracked item and he refuses. Turns out he's friends with Cinestar folks.

Please show photos of the Cinestar frame I sent you to the kind folks. If its not a Cinestar frame surely it would be obvious. You liked the photos I sent you. Maybe your friends will send you free stuff for stirring the pot.

Paypal resolution will be posted.
Sep 08, 2012, 04:41 PM
Thread OP

Lost but not Over.

Of course PayPal sided with Buyer regardless of being called a scammer, fraud, and copy cat even with the following info (among other proof/receipt etc.):

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/inde...ame.110/page-2

Read the whole thread.

Freefly never denied it was their frame. They didn't want to admit it. Its the only one I ever bought so don't know of any difference to the new ones. Still haven't heard a word from FreeFlySystems.
Sep 09, 2012, 09:53 PM
Trader Rating: 10
It might be a real frame, and an early version, but that doesn't change the fact that you lied about the condition and sent something with many more broken pieces, and wrong replacement parts that weren't mentioned, and only told me about some of it AFTER shipping. Not cool. The buyer deserves the right to know what he will get, and if it's significantly different, to be given the choice to buy it or not.

This 1000mm frame you sell is very close, if not nearly identical to the cinestar design and layout, so you can see how one might wonder if they got the real thing, when you are obviously able to produce a similar product.

Looking at that thread, there is only one person that is adamant it's a real frame. And funny, his user name is Skyhigh, eerily similar to Skykopter.
Others are not so sure, but it certainly doesn't look like the quality frames they produce now. I don't have a definitive answer.
I'm sorry it had to come to this, but next time just be honest about the condition so your buyers don't feel ripped off.
Sep 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thread OP
Your not sorry it came to this, you created this. Your sorry you didn't do your due diligence about Cinestar Frames.

The problem for you is you called me a liar and I sold you a bogus frame and make copies of Cinestar. It turns out that neither is true.

You accuse me of being Skyhigh because we both have Sky in our usernames? He showed actual photos to you of a Cinestar6 that he bought a year ago and confirmed you received a Cinestar 8 frame.

Then it was all these broken pieces, but you didn't send me 1 photo of a broken piece.

Then you accused me of sending the wrong boom and knowing it. I knew it after you told me and I realized one ROCK WEST COMPOSITES boom was missing and I had a Cinestar Boom, duh.

If you had just sent photos I could take responsibility for poor shipping and all would be resolved. But no, you decide to fabricate & attack.

How many pieces did you crack?

I only owned 1 frame and since you own a newer version, you can see the Cinestar frame has evolved. You didn't do your due diligence and so you are a sore BUYER and loser.

Enjoy your Cinestar8 Frame.

Quick Reply