Jan 07, 2013, 01:27 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
OK shelterock - I see where you're coming from. I'll take a(nother) look at the manual and maybe some vids which I'm sure are around on YT to help me sort it out.
The stick scaling in the menu of the KK2 is readily accessible and you can experiment with it. Increase by 5 points on roll and pitch but not on yaw. You'll see the immediate impact. The self leveling setting activated takes away some sensitivity compared to non self leveling flight so scaling up the sensitivity, a kin to expo, will help over come this decrease when you activate self leveling. Caution to you as you can quickly exceed your reflexes. H
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 04:18 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhide
That makes sense now! Thank you very much for that answer!
I tried different configs of props on my tricopter and didn't notice any real difference. So now I have them all spinning CW, that way I only have to buy one kind of prop for it.
Jan 07, 2013, 04:21 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60
I tried different configs of props on my tricopter and didn't notice any real difference. So now I have them all spinning CW, that way I only have to buy one kind of prop for it.
The only noticeable difference with front counter rotating props is that your tri will fly more level. You'll see it droops one side with 3 same props. I like my video flat and not tilted. Help my neck when watching the videos on the plasma.
H
Jan 07, 2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock
The stick scaling in the menu of the KK2 is readily accessible and you can experiment with it. Increase by 5 points on roll and pitch but not on yaw. You'll see the immediate impact. The self leveling setting activated takes away some sensitivity compared to non self leveling flight so scaling up the sensitivity, a kin to expo, will help over come this decrease when you activate self leveling. Caution to you as you can quickly exceed your reflexes. H
Yep - this is one of the real beauties of the KK2 is that to change the settings I don't need to take it indoors and plug it into the PC again... outside, test, inside, plug, outside, test ad infinitum.

I'll look forward to the time to play with that then. Thanks shelterock.
Jan 10, 2013, 01:06 AM
Not a six pack
Just wanted to update .. this servo has been working really well. Only a few flights mind you, but I don't think I have to worry about a sheared output shaft. Decently quick, seems to hold the tail. I do see a slight shake on the tail but I had that even with the 306 - I believe it's my setup or my settings.
Jan 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
Well, I joined the club...Just ordered the Talon Tri from HK. Will be picking out electronics over the next few days.

Doug
Jan 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Well, I joined the club...Just ordered the Talon Tri from HK. Will be picking out electronics over the next few days.

Doug
Welcome. Awesome piece of kit. Can be built light and efficient or like tank heavy lifter. May excellent options in these pages for all budgets.
H
Jan 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Welcome. Awesome piece of kit. Can be built light and efficient or like tank heavy lifter. May excellent options in these pages for all budgets.
H
I am going with a Paris controller for sure. I'm a multiwii fan. I have one in my Y6 and I really like it. So that decision is made. I ordered the NTM 2826 1000KV motors with the frame. I have a bunch of new ESCs in my workshop, so I will go through those and see if I have anything suitable. The tail servo will be a HiTec 225MG.

Doug
Jan 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
Hey guys, I just checked my order at HK and they put a Buddy Code Price on the NTM 1000KV motors if you follow this link, they are only $13.33.

https://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-DFBB8559B81E

Doug
Jan 12, 2013, 08:26 PM

kk2 settings

just a quick note since I'm now a happy newby flyer!

calibrating my ESCs really helped! (duh!) no more wobbly!

Calibrate ESC's using the KK2 Board (0 min 50 sec)

and yasuo840's settings are working for me.
Turnigy Talon Tricopter (V1.0) & HK KK2.0 FirmwareV1.2 Vol.36 Test flight (8 min 34 sec)

while I'm at it, yes this is my first build so here some pics

it's been fun
Jan 13, 2013, 04:01 AM
I just upped my stick scaling to about 50 55 on my KK2 and now it flips without performing a ground dart manoeuvre 3/4 of the way round... or needing to be 80m up... :-)

I'll get used to like this for a bit then maybe up it some more to get it a bit tighter. The flip is currently it's at about 1.5 lengths in diameter so more like a tight roll than a flip but way better than at 30 where it was about 10 lengths or maybe more.
Jan 13, 2013, 07:26 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Hey guys, I just checked my order at HK and they put a Buddy Code Price on the NTM 1000KV motors if you follow this link, they are only $13.33.

https://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-DFBB8559B81E

Doug
Doug,
Thank you, I got the code and ordered 2 spares.
H
Jan 13, 2013, 07:30 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
I just upped my stick scaling to about 50 55 on my KK2 and now it flips without performing a ground dart manoeuvre 3/4 of the way round... or needing to be 80m up... :-)

I'll get used to like this for a bit then maybe up it some more to get it a bit tighter. The flip is currently it's at about 1.5 lengths in diameter so more like a tight roll than a flip but way better than at 30 where it was about 10 lengths or maybe more.
that's cool, I've read guys flying with stick scaling near or at 100!!! seriously twitchy. What technique are you using to flip. staying on the throttle?
H
Jan 13, 2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
that's cool, I've read guys flying with stick scaling near or at 100!!! seriously twitchy. What technique are you using to flip. staying on the throttle?
H
From a hover... blip of throttle to start gaining altitude, back to hover level throttle and at the same time full rear elevator and hold it till it's back in basically the same spot...

I tried less throttle and more throttle but found that basically the tightest loop/flip was when slightly gaining altitude at the beginning - or at least it seemed to end up closer to the start than with the other two options.

PITA is that my GoPro battery was flat for that part!! damn

I have no idea how you can control a tri/quad with stick scaling at 100 or more. Hovering, at 80 with 30% expo might be within my limit but it wouldn't be any fun to fly! My CPU would overheat.
Jan 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
I ordered almost everything else for my Talon Tri. The only thing I haven't selected yet is the tail servo. What seems to be the best servo that you guys have been using so far? Is the servo mount plate cut for a mini or micro servo? If it is cut for a micro, have any of you cut out the servo hole and used a larger tail servo?

I also ordered some thrust bearings for the tail servo mechanism from Amain Hobbies, since HK was out of stock.

Here is what I am using so far:

Motors - NTM 28-26 1000KV / 315W
ESCs - Hobbywing FunFly 30A (These work great with the Paris boards)
Controller - Multiwiicopter.com v4r6 PARIS Sirius™ IMU (Gyro, Acc, Mag, Baro) USB, Paris GPS / remote Compass MAG, and OLED: PARIS 1" OLED 128x64 PID tuning display I2C
Lipo - Turnigy Nano-Tech 2650MAh 4S 35-70C

Now I wait for everything to arrive.

Doug

Quick Reply