Nov 26, 2012, 10:16 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F
IMO ditch the NTM motors.. I will be throwing two out of the three in the bin after only two battery test flights.. the prop adaptors are drilled off center as well..
spend the money and get some quality motors / prop hardware so the vibrations are kept to a minimum..

The nut is the problem on the adapter. Try a regular bolt/nylon 5mm bolt and washer.
The motors are not bad. They like to be treated with care.
H
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
Return To Kit Form
Yeh H, changing the nut did the job for vibes, but 2 off 3 motors are RS..
Guess we need to explore the HK quality items limit some times..
Nov 27, 2012, 04:49 AM
I chose to replace all of the "top" bearings with ceramic coated for the NTM 35-36a 910kv motors.
Good enough price but I don't know how well they will stand up yet.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190719305307?...84.m1497.l2649

For the bottom bearing I'll be swapping for thrust bearings (on the way), these things have a high load for my heavy lift copters and it makes more sense this way. Time will tell if I have to spin down one side of the race on the lathe.
The little "stag-horn" clips are a PITA too, then bend too easily and pop loose in a crash. Swap 'em out for regular old e-clips.
AFAIK a lathe is almost mandatory for this hobby, with all of the prop adapters, shafts, mounts, etc. that you might need it is impossible to find some of this stuff.
A milling machine has come in handy more than a few times too, once I get the CNC milling machine done (I got a faulty driver) the sky is the limit when it comes to frames and wings Might even CNC the lathe too while I'm at it.
Nov 27, 2012, 07:32 AM
Hello! Part are welcome if anyone should be already buy https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25561
Nov 27, 2012, 08:29 AM
Subsurface flying expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F
No great loss there.. haha..
The pivot setup is rubbish anyway.. Few have posted the mods required for a smooth opperation and reduced load on your servo..
Thank. I'll have to dig back through the thread and find those mods then.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:48 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmitri
Hello! Part are welcome if anyone should be already buy https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25561
$20 for all that might be a good first buy but if you need only the pushrods it's a bit steep. 25% of the cost of the entire frame. What a rip or kick in the teeth.
H
Nov 27, 2012, 11:16 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
the KK2 is $20! lol
Nov 28, 2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan
the KK2 is $20! lol
Looks like a permanent price too! Good news for the hobby.
Nov 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I have now my Talon tricopter with emp motors N2830-1120 / 3s 2200 and Apc 9x4.7 and I feel i have no enough power to get it in the air with the gopro.

I would like to mount T-Motor, any of you may suggest me Motor/Prop for using with 3s 2200 batt ?

Thanks!
Nov 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymoro
Hi Guys,

I have now my Talon tricopter with emp motors N2830-1120 / 3s 2200 and Apc 9x4.7 and I feel i have no enough power to get it in the air with the gopro.

I would like to mount T-Motor, any of you may suggest me Motor/Prop for using with 3s 2200 batt ?

Thanks!
Do you have the best tool in the hobby? A watt meter? Your EMPs are barely working. Throw a 4S on there and see what you get.
I've been playing with 1000kV and between 3S and 4S is a big difference. On 4S she'll have plenty of lift. Cheaper to buy batteries than new motors. Especially T-motors
H
Nov 29, 2012, 07:06 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
The frame at 221mm seems to struggle with props bigger that 10". I'm tweaking 11" sf props and she's a handful with big wobbles. Going back to 9 or 10" 3 blades. She flew really well on 10x6x3. Not much power on 3s with 9x5x3.
H
Nov 29, 2012, 08:41 PM
Anyone have pics of their tail assembly? Im getting frustrated cause i dont know how to attach the metal tail piece to the servo arm.. Do i drill out the holes?
Nov 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01
Anyone have pics of their tail assembly? Im getting frustrated cause i dont know how to attach the metal tail piece to the servo arm.. Do i drill out the holes?
Yep, you'll need to take the servo arm of your choice and line it up with the center of the aluminum piece (Very important they line up).
Then it is just a matter of screwing the aluminum piece on or pre drilling with an undersized hole and screwing it on (I did this).
It might be a good idea to clamp it too if you don't want to hold three things lined up at once
It is a poor design and looks like an afterthought but what are you gonna do? The slot should have been made a bit wider to let it slide back and forth till it's centered and then tightened afterward. The good news is that the screws hold very well in the servo arm so you won't need to worry about it in the future. My camera was stolen a few months ago or I would take a quick pic for you. it isn't hard, just make sure the centers line up.
Nov 30, 2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_XX
Yep, you'll need to take the servo arm of your choice and line it up with the center of the aluminum piece (Very important they line up).
Then it is just a matter of screwing the aluminum piece on or pre drilling with an undersized hole and screwing it on (I did this).
It might be a good idea to clamp it too if you don't want to hold three things lined up at once
It is a poor design and looks like an afterthought but what are you gonna do? The slot should have been made a bit wider to let it slide back and forth till it's centered and then tightened afterward. The good news is that the screws hold very well in the servo arm so you won't need to worry about it in the future. My camera was stolen a few months ago or I would take a quick pic for you. it isn't hard, just make sure the centers line up.
Thanks!
Dec 02, 2012, 06:06 PM
Hovership
Some video from Thanksgiving weekend

Dreams of Turkey (2 min 44 sec)

Quick Reply