Nov 03, 2012, 05:35 AM
I just trashed my Tri this morning, one arm, KK2, mount, servo and both links, not quite sure what else...

I was getting too cocky and piled it at near full throttle inverted into concrete... worst thing... I wasn't even filming!!!

Time for another HK order it seems...

Glad I chose not to strap the GoPro to it for that flight!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2012, 06:45 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella65
Been thru that lot nothing suits, have been checking heli parts hoping to find something but nothing yet.
Do you know if a 3mm thread will screw into the motor mount? It may be easier to find a set you can buy the will screw into the motor mount. Threads may by 2,2.5,3.0 mm and then you came buy new threaded balls with common size links. My 1/10 scale rc cars seem to have similar ball link sizes in the steering mechanism. Check tamiya or kyosho for steering links or shock tower links.
H
Nov 03, 2012, 06:53 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
I just trashed my Tri this morning, one arm, KK2, mount, servo and both links, not quite sure what
Concrete and cf don't mix, sorry for your loss. I believe if our flight controllers are buying the farm on severe crashes, we need to look into a roll cage of some type.
There is a kk2 Delrin case you can buy but a dome of some sort would be good.
H
Nov 03, 2012, 07:12 AM
Return To Kit Form
something like this?
Nov 03, 2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock
Concrete and cf don't mix, sorry for your loss. I believe if our flight controllers are buying the farm on severe crashes, we need to look into a roll cage of some type.
There is a kk2 Delrin case you can buy but a dome of some sort would be good.
H
Yeah, I had a tupperware that I should have installed but lack of time and impatience to fly caused that loss.
Unfortunately, I don't have a grassy area to fly over, even at 7am. Just too many people in Tokyo.
Nov 04, 2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock
Do you know if a 3mm thread will screw into the motor mount? It may be easier to find a set you can buy the will screw into the motor mount. Threads may by 2,2.5,3.0 mm and then you came buy new threaded balls with common size links. My 1/10 scale rc cars seem to have similar ball link sizes in the steering mechanism. Check tamiya or kyosho for steering links or shock tower links.
H
I broke both the links in my crash and I'm also struggling to find any replacements... a pack of 10 links in the parts section of the Tricopter would go straight in my cart. Saves messing about looking for threaded rods and matching links even if they weren't the greatest quality wise.
Servo was stripped clean too.. so need a new one of them too.
Nov 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...?pn=SER411207\

4.5mm Ball links....
Nov 05, 2012, 04:04 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
There seem to be an awfull lot of 4.3mm ball cups out there. HPI and other brands have them. Perhaps your calipers were off a slight amount and you're really looking for 4.3MM cups. I googled 4.3mm ball cups and there is a good selection out there and therefore the ball studs that go with them and the RC car Turnbuckles that may complete your quest!

KK2 1.4V firmware out today!!!! Self-level is rockstar.
H
Nov 05, 2012, 11:52 PM
Hovership
Working my way up to getting comfortable doing FPV flights. Here is some footage I shot this morning with my recently built (and first) tricopter. Shot with a GoPro Hero2 with Protune 1080p30 medium FOV mode. Still working out the last of the vibrations.

MONDAYS: Tricopter FPV Flight (2 min 13 sec)
Nov 06, 2012, 07:12 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Is that the bay lands flying site? For some reason I got a poor feed and it was very grainy. I figure a gp2 would deliver better. Maybe it was Vimeo. Nice flying though.
H
Nov 06, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hovership
Yes it is baylands. Grainy? Did you watch in HD?
Nov 06, 2012, 01:25 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro
Yes it is baylands. Grainy? Did you watch in HD?
Isn't that where crazyj flies his multiwiicopters?
Nov 06, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hovership
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60
Isn't that where crazyj flies his multiwiicopters?
Yes, met him a couple of times. Haven't flown there in a long time until recently.
Nov 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro
Yes, met him a couple of times. Haven't flown there in a long time until recently.
Recognized the landscape from his videos.
Nov 06, 2012, 05:41 PM
this evil thread made me buy it! ...

Order on its way!

Quick Reply