Feb 24, 2016, 05:17 AM
Would a Futaba S3150 work in the Talon Tricopter ?

Thinking about ordering the frame and have some of these servos laying around from my F3F Planes ...

Dimensions: 30,0x10,8x29,0mm
Poids/Weight: 23,0g
Vitesse/Speed: 0,24"/60°
Vitesse/Speed: 0,16"/40°
Couple/Torque: 3,7kg.cm (4,8V)
Roulement/bearing: xx
Pignons/Gear: métal/metal
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2017, 06:17 PM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I recently acquired a Talon tri-copter. It came with multi-star 800 kv motors and is using 11x4.7 SF props on 3s. I'd like to step it up to 4s and was wondering what prop size I should run??? 9 or 8 inch? Also, on Hobbyking's website, it states these motors are rated for only 2 or 3 s. I can't imagine why they couldn't handle 4s on a smaller prop, but if someone knows why could you please warn me or explain why I shouldn't use these motors on 4s?
~Respectfully,
Troy
Sep 29, 2017, 03:34 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado
I know this thread is a bit old, but I recently acquired a Talon tri-copter. It came with multi-star 800 kv motors and is using 11x4.7 SF props on 3s. I'd like to step it up to 4s and was wondering what prop size I should run??? 9 or 8 inch? Also, on Hobbyking's website, it states these motors are rated for only 2 or 3 s. I can't imagine why they couldn't handle 4s on a smaller prop, but if someone knows why could you please warn me or explain why I shouldn't use these motors on 4s?
~Respectfully,
Troy
Hey Troy,
I've not been on the forums in a long while. 4s into 2-3S motors relates to the watts the motor can handle. If you run the same props on 2/3 vs 4s you will put a lot more power to the motor causing failure, melting, heat, magnet delamination. You're best way to answer this is to run a watt meter. Run stock 11" SF props on 3S and measure the watts. Get a watt meter with peak memory function and take a reading. Then if your ESC can handle 4S you can try a short hope on 4S. Try the smaller props first then move up. A Watt meter allows you to actually know what's going on. the rest is a guessing game. Volt X Amps = Watts.
Watts is the defining characteristics of a motor.

Quick Reply