Originally Posted by D W
No, Kenny, think it through.

Thanks for the laugh though.
You're welcome.
Jan 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
Closed Account
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...-by-fbi_272483

Quote:
However, that has changed with information that Landis, filing under the False Claims Act, is suing Armstrong and former U.S. Postal team associates including Thomas Weisel for defrauding the government by violating the sponsorship agreement between the team and the U.S. Postal Service, which reportedly spent over $30 million in sponsorship between 2001 and 2004.

If Landis were to win his suit, he could potentially stand to gain a percentage, up to 25 percent, of three times what the Postal Service spent — roughly $90 million.

New York Daily News first published the sealed 33-page federal whistleblower lawsuit, dated June 10, 2010, last week.

The suit is filed against former U.S. Postal Service management, including Tailwind Sports and Montgomery Sports, owned by wealthy San Francisco financier Weisel, as well as Austin-based Capital Sports & Entertainment, which lists Armstrong, Johan Bruyneel, Bill Stapleton, and Bart Knaggs among its principals.
Jan 23, 2013, 08:35 PM
Closed Account
Two peole starting a class action lawsuit saying Lance's books were based on lies and fiction...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-book/1858619/
Jan 23, 2013, 08:38 PM
If I read "It's Not About the Bike", does that mean I can get in on it? I want my share!!

Edit: Oh, I see that it's for people who bought the book and live in California. I checked it out of the library and don't live in California. I guess I better cancel that Hawaiian vacation I had planned to fund with the proceeds I was going to get...

Jan 23, 2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
You don't get it.

Lance lying was only one small part of a much larger coverup throughout his career.

His half-hearted confession on Oprah's show wasn't the end of the story, it's only the beginning of a much larger story.

This will wind up stretching from Lance, to his former team manager Bruyneel, to his "coach" Carmichael, to the anti-doping labs at the UCI, to the people in charge of the UCI, to his team co-owner Weisel, to his sponsors at Trek, Nike and Oakley, to Livestrong, to the people in charge of USA Cycling, and maybe to some members of Congrees who put the pressure on to drop the investigation into the doping charges.

He had lots of enablers over the years who covered for him, and deliberately turned a blind eye to Lance's doping because he was bringing in tons of money to his sponsors, and they were bringing tons of money to european cycling. Lance himself is supposed to be worth $100-$150 million.

Lance wouldn't say during the interview that he admitted to doping to his doctors in the hospital room because his doctors lied under oath, and Stephanie Mcilvain from Oakley lied about it under oath too.
I do get it. He's a cheat and a liar. He's also an attention whore, which is why I don't get why you continue to give the scum so much attention. He's nothing. People like you are just continuing to feed his ego. Let him fade into the nothing that he is. Let the people he wronged sue his ass.
Last edited by saltyzoo; Jan 23, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Jan 23, 2013, 11:19 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo
I do get it. He's a cheat and a liar. He's also an attention whore, which is why I don't get why you continue to give the scum so much attention. He's nothing. People like you are just continuing to feed his ego. Let him fade into the nothing that he is. Let the people he wronged sue his ass.
If you don't like the thread then just quit reading it.

The story goes way beyond Armstrong, to the whole way up to the top of the sport. The UCI was tipping riders off that they knew that they were doping, but hadn't quite crossed over the threshold of what's considered "positive".

I already knew he had to be doping, so his confession was just a matter of time. Even though he confessed partially, he is still lying, and he's covering up a lot of how it was possible, who supplied the drugs, who his enablers were, and who covered up for him. It's well past the point of him having anything to gain or his ego. We're at the point now where the serious legal action is starting to happen against him, and his team managers.

The confession is over, now Phase 2 and the legal proceedings are just getting started.

The confession actually backfired against him if he was trying to win public support by confessing, because every article I've read on it has been negative towards him, and every writer believes he was lying and covering up during the interview.
Jan 24, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz
Uhh, people's careers and lives were ruined, bro. Look up the Betsy and Frankie Andreau. Look up Brad McGee, Look up Tyler Hamilton, Look up Paul Kimmage, Look up Greg LeMond.... It's clear you know very little to nothing about this story.

Jesus Christ. Lance's "successes" left behind a lot of casualties. The Lance fans don't seem to give a flip about those people. "He's still great in my book," or "Livestrong has done so much for people." But never, "Damn, he ruined a lot of people and many are still paying the price today."

C'mon people, give me a break. There's far greater people to be fans of who don't have near the history of damage Lance does.

As for the other subjects you think we should speak of... There's always something more important to talk about. And what you deem as important doesn't mean it's that way for others. Thank God, because I don't want Christians trying to save my soul 24/7. After all, they believe that's the most important issue facing us all but they don't dwell on it as a talking point.
My post was way off-topic. Sorry to crap in this thread
Jan 24, 2013, 12:40 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob
My post was way off-topic. Sorry to crap in this thread
No problem, happens all the time.
Jan 27, 2013, 09:34 PM
Closed Account
Travis Tygart from USADA's interview on 60 minutes tonight about Armstrong still liying:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_16...g-still-lying/

Funny thing, during the Oprah interview Armstrong said he'd give anything to go back in time and speak with the people from USADA before their Reasoned Decision report came out. Now his lawyers are saying he won't talk to USADA at all, and he'll only talk to the UCI now.

Same old lies from Armstrong, even when he's supposed to be confessing.
Jan 28, 2013, 12:45 PM
Valiant Spy Balloon Survivor
An Australian library sign promising to reshelve books by disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong in the fiction section has sparked approval online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21115720

Question for Usta...does this make Armstrong a fiction rider?

Quick Reply