Jan 08, 2013, 06:40 PM
Closed Account
He thinks he still won those races....



http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...l-media_270725
Jan 08, 2013, 07:07 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
He thinks he still won those races....



http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...l-media_270725
Maybe because he did.
Jan 08, 2013, 09:41 PM
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
I think he did. But then again, I believe that man landed on the moon and some call that fake.
Jan 09, 2013, 02:28 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Maybe because he did.
I checked the current records, they say he didn't.

Funny thing about that website is he posts his training stats for the whole world to see, as if anybody actually cared anymore about what a retired has-been dope cheat is doing these days in his free time.

I think Ill check to see if Barry Bonds has a Twitter account so I can see what he had for breakfast.
Jan 09, 2013, 03:01 AM
Closed Account
.......
Last edited by Usta Bee; Jan 14, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Jan 09, 2013, 08:41 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I checked the current records, they say he didn't.

Funny thing about that website is he posts his training stats for the whole world to see, as if anybody actually cared anymore about what a retired has-been dope cheat is doing these days in his free time.

I think Ill check to see if Barry Bonds has a Twitter account so I can see what he had for breakfast.
Interesting. If you watch the video footage of the race he is clearly the first one across the finish line.

Several people on this thread obviously care what he is doing. They can't help but post about him on every occassion they can.
Jan 09, 2013, 10:01 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Top tier teams are cut throat. It's hard to find a top racer who has not been accused of all manner of bad behavior that helped get them to the top. It's the nature of the sport. Rider are stolen from teams, dropped when they don't produce, promised positions, promises broken, they lie to the press, other riders, teams and often teammates to get an advantage. Many top riders have that year when they screw the teams star to put themselves on top.

It's all to common and whining about it is like whining about Olympic figure skating judges.
I don't feel it's fair to single out cycling though. That's the nature of sports. In the end, it's about money... The franchise/team/sponsors need to see results. This trickles down from the top to the athletes.
Jan 09, 2013, 10:12 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I checked the current records, they say he didn't.

Funny thing about that website is he posts his training stats for the whole world to see, as if anybody actually cared anymore about what a retired has-been dope cheat is doing these days in his free time.

I think Ill check to see if Barry Bonds has a Twitter account so I can see what he had for breakfast.

I use Strava religiously. It's a great training tool and social tool that keeps you motivated. It's really not designed to follow top riders, however, now that LA is on there, I'm sure many will join just to follow his training but I would guess the vast majority were already Strava users before LA joined.
Jan 09, 2013, 10:55 AM
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I don't feel it's fair to single out cycling though. That's the nature of sports. In the end, it's about money... The franchise/team/sponsors need to see results. This trickles down from the top to the athletes.
The team support needed to get a star into first place makes cycling somewhat unique. It's a team sport with one winner but the star is key. It's what makes the sport so compelling to me.
Jan 09, 2013, 11:06 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
The team support needed to get a star into first place makes cycling somewhat unique. It's a team sport with one winner but the star is key. It's what makes the sport so compelling to me.

Yes, I certainly agree with that 100%.
Jan 09, 2013, 11:27 AM
The ground's the limit.
shawnc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I use Strava religiously. It's a great training tool and social tool that keeps you motivated. It's really not designed to follow top riders, however, now that LA is on there, I'm sure many will join just to follow his training but I would guess the vast majority were already Strava users before LA joined.
STRAVA! You may get a kick out of this (for the extra sensitive, this link does include some naughty words) http://303cycling.com/are-you-a-stravasshole
Jan 09, 2013, 11:32 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
STRAVA! You may get a kick out of this (for the extra sensitive, this link does include some naughty words) http://303cycling.com/are-you-a-stravasshole
Haha, that's great! Definitely a double-edged sword for sure. But most things are.
Jan 09, 2013, 11:40 AM
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
STRAVA! You may get a kick out of this (for the extra sensitive, this link does include some naughty words) http://303cycling.com/are-you-a-stravasshole
It's fun but my son in Colorado Springs is starting to hate it. When your time at your max is so embarrassing vs very, very good riders... hurts.
Jan 09, 2013, 11:44 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
It's fun but my son in Colorado Springs is starting to hate it. When your time at your max is so embarrassing vs very, very good riders... hurts.
There's so many good riders in Colorado. It's gonna be very difficult to be a top rider there. Strava does have filters too. Maybe look into filtering out by weight or age...???
Jan 09, 2013, 12:00 PM
The ground's the limit.
shawnc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
It's fun but my son in Colorado Springs is starting to hate it. When your time at your max is so embarrassing vs very, very good riders... hurts.
Does he race in state? If he does road or cross I may have pictures of him:
http://greencurry.smugmug.com


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Some sort of fibreglass strips that can be painted on to repair? gizmo1990 Crash Discussion 1 Nov 01, 2010 08:23 AM
Discussion Can strip LEDs be shortened / cut to length? Downwind3Zero Power Systems 0 Jun 13, 2010 11:29 AM
Question Can carbon strip be scored and snapped cleanly? golem Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 8 Jan 24, 2007 07:47 PM
Can old Monokote be stripped off? Yardbird The Builders Workshop 4 Feb 16, 2005 06:52 PM