Thread Tools
Oct 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
Jet's are cool!
UNABLE2SURF's Avatar

Hey ming !


Are you gonna add in the desrciption on the website that this fan it comes with a crooked nut and makes small amount of thrust at a very high amperage?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
Fly now crash later
davecrash's Avatar
LOL @ 2surf
Oct 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
scatsob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNABLE2SURF
makes small amount of thrust at a very high amperage?
That is probably due to using the wrong motor/cell count combination.
Oct 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
scat
I was using a very stout 6s motor ARC 3675-1 1680kv on 6s .........here's the problem as I see it............32k rpm 2.3-2.5kg thrust........so it doesnt matter what the amps/watts were/are.........so now it looks like this fan needs to be spun to 40k rpm to get some real thrust out of it, can it hold up to that?......what will the amp load be?............is there even a 36mm motor that can do it?....this is where we are at with this one.........hopefully I'm wrong it is still early
Oct 13, 2012, 08:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
scat
I was using a very stout 6s motor ARC 3675-1 1680kv on 6s .........here's the problem as I see it............32k rpm 2.3-2.5kg thrust........so it doesnt matter what the amps/watts were/are.........so now it looks like this fan needs to be spun to 40k rpm to get some real thrust out of it, can it hold up to that?......what will the amp load be?............is there even a 36mm motor that can do it?....this is where we are at with this one.........hopefully I'm wrong it is still early
I was thinking of dishing the alloy shroud just for that very reason. The thing is the rotor will has to be sanden down to fit most other shrouds. That way a larger outrunner with good torque can be used.
Oct 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE
any updates?

Has any one flown the the fan?
I have, capt soap was there as witness...but again, it was with the haoye shroud
Oct 14, 2012, 03:15 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE
I was thinking of dishing the alloy shroud just for that very reason. The thing is the rotor will has to be sanden down to fit most other shrouds. That way a larger outrunner with good torque can be used.
Put it in a haoye shroud, they cost of the fan is 20usd...used the upper lip of the CS metal shroud for easiest adaptation...

Worth a try
Oct 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
I have, capt soap was there as witness...but again, it was with the haoye shroud
And when in the air what were your thoughts. Were you like "oh that sounds nice and has a good punch". Or were you like " well it sound the same as the 12 blade one and has no power at all, I am puting this fan in the trash".
Oct 14, 2012, 10:33 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
I did see 777 fly his f100 with the cs-20 at the time. It flew with alot of zip. the Sound was different than the cs 12..... I had to have one. When my finances recover I will get another. Lee
Oct 23, 2012, 06:25 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
so I got my new scale for my sled and reran a test. I threw the 18 blade together and mounted it up, charged my 6s 40c 4000 batt and here's what i got after 10sec run
100amps (cc data log and dc amp clamp agreed)
20vdc
32k rpm
2k watts
2.5+kg thrust
so looks a lot better, obviously a problem with my scale was causing an issue. I guess I need to rerun some tests
Oct 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
I confirmed today the numbers I posted up thread...

~ 6lbs of thrust around 2000 watts...

I've written x-flight about the lander stators, prolly needs another shroud....

I've not tested with the 9blade design yet
Oct 23, 2012, 08:22 PM
Jet's are cool!
UNABLE2SURF's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
so i got my new scale for my sled and reran a test. I threw the 18 blade together and mounted it up, charged my 6s 40c 4000 batt and here's what i got after 10sec run
100amps (cc data log and dc amp clamp agreed)
20vdc
32k rpm
2k watts
2.5+kg thrust
so looks a lot better, obviously a problem with my scale was causing an issue. I guess i need to rerun some tests
that was with the arc 1680 kv ? Thinking about ordering a HET 650-68 1500kv so just keeping the thoughts in my head straight. Believe me that's really hard LOL!!!!
Oct 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNABLE2SURF
that was with the arc 1680 kv ? Thinking about ordering a HET 650-68 1500kv so just keeping the thoughts in my head straight. Believe me that's really hard LOL!!!!
yes the arc 3675-1 1680kv
Oct 24, 2012, 08:09 AM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
so I got my new scale for my sled and reran a test. I threw the 18 blade together and mounted it up, charged my 6s 40c 4000 batt and here's what i got after 10sec run
100amps (cc data log and dc amp clamp agreed)
20vdc
32k rpm
2k watts
2.5+kg thrust
so looks a lot better, obviously a problem with my scale was causing an issue. I guess I need to rerun some tests
Still not as much thrust as the 12 blade version.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:51 AM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
Still not as much thrust as the 12 blade version.
what sort of thrust is typical on 6s with the 12blade?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale (2) New 90MM ChangeSun 5 Bladed EDF Units $40 Shipped FlyBoyTha1 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Aug 06, 2012 11:37 AM
For Sale New ChangeSun 12 Bladed 90mm Fan Unit $40 Bucks Shipped FlyBoyTha1 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Jun 07, 2012 05:52 PM
Sold ARC 36/65/1 and ChangeSun 90mm fan fh64_lucky Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 05:07 PM
Video ChangeSun 90mm-5 Fan Proedf-Jack Electric Plane Talk 0 May 27, 2010 01:00 PM