Sep 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter
After charge it should be 4.2V, depleted 3.7V.

Sounds like you have some charger/battery issue ?

Might just have mixed my lipos, its charging right now... will measure it before flying next time.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm wondering if the Walkera style connectors on these leave alot to be desired. I swapped them out to micro deans on a small walkea single lipo heli (4#3B) a couple years ago and it improved punchout dramatically.

http://www.wsdeans.com/products/plugs/micro_plug.html
Sep 06, 2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Hold bind on Tx, turn it on, connect battery to V939 wait a few sec. Turn Tx of and on again and it should work... never used my 9x to fly, have just used it for my V911 so far so need do configure a template before I use it.
Thanks zippiz !!! I can now bind and fly the v939 with the 9x !!! It seems that I have to bind it before each flight though, but it works.

I've been playing with the settings with the 9x and I happened accross something that may explain some of the behavior you're seeing.

When flying with the yaw limits set to about 65% everything was smooth and peachy. I then set the yaw limits to 100% and it was quicker and seemed to work fine at first. Then I found myself heading for a wall much to quickly and jammed hard left rudder. It nearly fell out of the air! So perhaps a very rapid yaw input at high rates may be too much for the control board?

I've also noticed that towards the end of the battery, the little guy seems to get less stable........
Sep 07, 2012, 12:51 PM
I put the U816 board back on the U816 frame with the LB booms (well one is the original boom since LB motor went bad). Since I didn't have another Walkera connector, I tried the 9958/Blade type small connectors (similar or same as the motor connection connectors), and just for fun tried a lightweight 150mah 25c battery. It feels very light and flew for several minutes. Something about the control made it quicker up/down even with stock batteries than the V929 board. Seems like more change than just weight. I think the U816 software has absolutely no expo on the throttle and that makes it more difficult to control, but on low rates in house I did OK. Another noticeable difference is the auto-leveling on the U816 versus the V929 board, on U816 it just snaps back to level almost immediately. I wonder also if the V929 board is limiting voltage to the motors (maybe different endpoints). I think I will leave U816 as is, and get parts to build the V929 up again, not sure if I will try a longer boom, or stay with LB booms again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard
That is kind of how my UDI U816 worked, throttle would be all over and the control was too slow to respond. I'm tempted to try my U816 board/transmitter again now that I'm a little better at flying these things, but I have a feeling I'll be putting the V929 board back on quickly.
Sep 07, 2012, 02:02 PM
I got my v939 in today. Charged the 2 (included) batteries and took it for a flight indoors. First tried to bind to my TH9X no go. Tried every conceivable combination to try to bind and it wouldn't bind. So I tried to bind to the stock toy tx. and it bound no problem. Tried to fly it indoors (small room) and it was nothing like the V929. Where the v929 was stable and could easily be flown in the same room, this v939 was all over the place, banging into walls and furniture. I retried binding it to my TH9X again and it bound no problem this time around. With the 9x it was much easier to fly, nowhere near as easy as the V929 but still manageable It seems to fly much more like a cp heli where you have to be much more gentle on the stick movements otherwise you over correct and send it flying in the opposite direction back and forth. From the limited amount of time with it (just the1 battery flown with it) it doesn't seem to auto level. If you push the stick in one direction it seems to keep flying in that direction even after letting go of the right stick. Either that or it just takes a long time to auto level, like I said my room is small. I love the LED's on it. Should really help for orientation, especially at night. I'm sure if I tweak the settings on the 9x it will be much easier to fly. All in all I really like this little quad. It's quite different from the V929 but I think that's a good thing. Really looking forward to flying this outside but it's a bit too windy today with the odd shower. Hopefully next week I'll have a chance.
Sep 07, 2012, 04:00 PM
So envious reading the V939 reviews. This has been the status of mine for the last five days. Hope the customs agents are having a good time with it.

Processed Through Sort Facility
September 02, 2012, 9:32 pm
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Registered Mail™
Sep 07, 2012, 04:03 PM
Team Drone Art
Modesto!
Got a good friend from there. He's currently living in San Diego.

Generally things process quickly through the LA ISC. However, I've had delays of a week before.
Sep 07, 2012, 04:35 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
What a strange world...
I'm trying to sale mine here in France on ebay.
Not a single bid!!!!
Sep 07, 2012, 11:16 PM
Found out a couple tips tonight to pass along -
1) If you solder on different power connectors to a board make sure you get the polarity right. The motor polarities appear to be different from the V929 board and the U816 board, and even though motors can rotate in either direction and it is possible to swap the blades, ,motors are designed to last longer rotating in the design direction. So rather than swapping the pins on all 4 motor connectors, I thought I'd be faster swapping pins on board power. Well 2 things happened motors started running with tx off, then pop a flash and the largest chip near power connector almost caught fire, well actually did. Thought board was toast, but after removing the remains of that part (and breaking that circuit), it powers up fine. I think that same part is on the V929 board too.

2) If your booms start to get loose in the frame and you don't really want to super glue them, the black liquid tape (can be found at Walmart), applied liberally to the boom then stick in the frame seems to work good. Booms to frame feel tight even with no screws in them. (screw holes that hold board down and booms in frame tend to get play as well due to crashes).
Sep 07, 2012, 11:24 PM
Team Drone Art
Regarding #2...
I've had success with just white glue. Let it dry first and when reinsert, it's a very nice friction fit that is still completely removable. I don't use that much at all. The liquid tape is good to have on hand too.
Sep 10, 2012, 06:56 AM

v939 can't hold binding. Slow turning

I've just got my v939. I've found out that you have to always rebind if you change the battery not matter if you use the 9x or the stock tx.
Anybody else having this phenomenon ?

Beside this,yaw isn't as fast as on the v929. Turning is relally slow.
A bit disappointing.

Will try the v939 outside today and compare it with my v929/LB hybrids
At this moment I'm not sure if I like my new v939. I will see...
Sep 10, 2012, 07:16 AM
Flying Like Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
I've just got my v939. I've found out that you have to always rebind if you change the battery not matter if you use the 9x or the stock tx.
Anybody else having this phenomenon ?

Beside this,yaw isn't as fast as on the v929. Turning is relally slow.
A bit disappointing.

Will try the v939 outside today and compare it with my v929/LB hybrids
At this moment I'm not sure if I like my new v939. I will see...
Hi
Got my V939 yesterday and I ve same issue with binding 9x. Need to rebind when changing battery as well with Both TX. With V929 it works fine but not with V939. Look like Board is losting it's setup when no battery.
What I ve noticed as well :
Stock TX as a workable switch on right side. Using with V939 make a flip no matter if tx is on 20 40 60 or 100% but when using with V929 (new board) it switch light.
As anybody found out how to use this function with 9X???
Sep 10, 2012, 07:32 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Cool! So does that mean the lights on the V939 cannot be on/off?
Sep 10, 2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Yes, you have to unplug the led from the mainboard if you do not want the led.
Sep 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
Flying Like Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Probably will be available on futur release

Quick Reply