Piper's 10 Commandments
I found this online today. I've been a bit Cub crazy the last few months.
From the PIPER CUB Special J3C-65 OWNER'S MANUAL, dated MAY 15 1946.
TEN COMMANDMENTS For Safe Flying
1. THOU SHALT NOT BECOME AIRBORNE WITHOUT CHECKING THY FUEL SUPPLY: It only takes a few minutes to gas upÖ it may save you a forced landing.
2. THOU SHALT NOT TAXI WITH CARELESSNESS: Taxi slowly and make S turns to clear the area in front of the nose. Know the proper use of the controls for taxiing in strong winds.
3. THOU SHALT EVER TAKE HEED UNTO AIR TRAFFIC RULES: Keep a constant lookout for other aircraft. Follow the rules so that pilots of other planes will know what you are going to do.
4. THOU SHALT NOT MAKE FLAT TURNS: This is particularly important when making power-off turns. You steer with the ailerons, not the rudder.
5. THOU SHALT MAINTAIN THY SPEED LEST THE EARTH ARISE AND SMITE THEE: Donít be fooled by the increase in ground speed resulting from a downwind turn. Keep sufficient airspeed.
6. THOU SHALT NOT LET THY CONFIDENCE EXCEED THY ABILITY: Donít attempt instrument flying in adverse weather conditions unless you have the proper training and the necessary instruments. Instrument flying is a highly developed science. Donít pioneer.
7. THOU SHALT MAKE USE OF THY CARBURETOR HEATER; The carburettor heater is your friend. Know when to use it. Remember that itís easier to prevent ice in the carburettor than to eliminate it after it has formed.
8. THOU SHALT NOT PERFORM AEROBATICS AT LOW ALTITUDES: Aerobatics started near the ground may be completed six feet under the ground. Thereís safety in altitude.
9. THOU SHALT NOT ALLOW INDECISION IN THY JUDGEMENT: Be certain! You canít afford to make errors of judgement. ďI think I can make itĒ is on the list of famous last words.
10. THOU SHALT KNOW ALWAYS -- THE GOOD PILOT IS THE SAFE PILO T: Itís better to be an old pilot than a bold pilot.
Courtesy of Piper Aircraft Corporation
Lock Haven, PA
Last edited by CarreraGTSCS; Aug 22, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
David D Johnson EV/DV111 Instructions for plan.
Hi and happy new year CarreraGTSCS. I see that you are or have been building a David Johnson 1/4 scale EV / DV111. We have a set of DJ's plans but no building instructions. I have been trying to get my hands on a copy on the Jan 2005 issue of MAN, that has a review for this model but no-joy with that. Would there be any chance that you might scan and email any info you might have on same. With thanks. Adrian, Dublin, Ireland. Email address: email@example.com
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Top 10 Cars in America's Top 10 Wealthiest Zipcodes||Big Foot 48||Life, The Universe, and Politics||29||Aug 13, 2012 12:50 PM|
|Help!||Jack Stafford's Piper Comanche plans||Edubarca||Vintage & Old-Timer Designs||4||May 29, 2012 10:14 AM|
|Discussion||Prop sizes for Witespy Quad, First 10's then 8's... now 9's :-)||CactusJackSlade||Multirotor Drone Talk||0||Mar 23, 2012 01:32 AM|
|Sold||Piper J-3 Cub kit by Great Planes w/O.S. 65 LA||propofol1965||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Mar 20, 2012 10:14 AM|
|Sold||Brand New E-Flite Power 32(s) / Park 300(s) / Castle Phoenix 10(s)||smileyz||Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W)||2||Mar 15, 2012 10:27 AM|