This thread is privately moderated by fyrc22, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Trader Rating: 10
Thread OP

Cherokee Babe Project LPU

After seeing the free posts that have been put up lately, I decided it was time for me to pay it forward. This is a tough one to let go because I will probably never have one again, but I need the space. This was given to me in rough covered condition, so I stripped it down and ran out of money to recover it. I later moved on to other things, but never got to this. I want this to go to someone who wants a project now, preferably an experienced builder, as this needs some work. What you see is what's there. Would be a nice electric conversion with a .25- .40 sized motor. wingspan is about 4.5 feet. I don't really want to drive anywhere but if you pay for gas, then I'm game if you're in reasonable distance. pm me please if you're interested and we'll work something out.
Last edited by fyrc22; Aug 20, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2012, 06:37 PM
Trader Rating: 54
That's a beautiful bird. I hope someone with some experience gets this back in the air. I think many of us have caught the giving bug. Very generous my friend.
Aug 17, 2012, 07:08 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Find a way to ship it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 17, 2012, 07:25 PM
Thread OP
at your cost
Aug 17, 2012, 07:27 PM
thats fine! can you take the wings off from the fuselage?! i'd love to hang it up in my room then fly it!
Aug 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
What experience do you have with balsa planes? I really want this to go to someone who will fix it up to look and fly like it should, this is an older plane and I want it to go to a good home. It would probably cost 30+ bucks to ship it properly and the cost of two rolls of covering, and some balsa sheeting. This is a time consuming project, at least 10 hours of finishing time to have it ready to be recovered. If I can't find someone good local, I'll probably finish myself.
Aug 17, 2012, 11:29 PM
i've built 3 great planes all with balsa and i actually make hovercraft out of balsa sheeting believe it or not! i have several tubes of monocote so that is not a problem. what still needs to be constructed on it?
Aug 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Trader Rating: 51
AMA District VII AVP
I know if I were closer, I'd be looking into this. Being a kit / scratch builder with lots of balsa under the bench, along with my obsession for making scale like aircraft, this would be a great project and the guys in my club would absolutely love seeing this fly.

I do hope it goes to a great builder, one who would do it justice.
Aug 18, 2012, 06:26 AM
Trader Rating: 27
Once you taste flight...
Doh, nice one there, you are tempting me. I have the motor in for the Staudacher

I do have an electric combo that would work with this. Working on the Staudacher right now though, as you said it is a flier, but I want to work some of the rougher areas out before I put it in the air. Figure once I have a mid wing I will strip the Staudacher down and recover it completely, just looking at doing the fuse for now.
Aug 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
hey just give it to skydvejam! he has more stuff it seems for the plane!
Aug 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
Trader Rating: 27
Once you taste flight...
No that is for the plane I bought off of him on Sunday :P I do have a few electric motors for this, and everything else for it too. Would be a quicker finish than my kit build, I am still working the wings on that one.
Oh and since you are north of FARCC, I could come to your house this time That is unless you want to fly sometime midweek, my work schedule is all weird.
Last edited by skydvejam; Aug 18, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Aug 18, 2012, 09:36 PM
Trader Rating: 0
i love the plane if still up for grabs i love building balsa planes i have yet to get a low wing lol
it will go good with my 150 i built
Aug 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Registered Loser
Just wanted to post a thanks for your generosity. Good on you.
Aug 18, 2012, 11:58 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Cpt.
i have built many planes and im looking to train my nephew on the buddy box and give him a plane like my uncle did with me to get me in it 15 years ago. i would love to do the same with this plane.pm me if its still available.
Aug 19, 2012, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
Okay, I'm sorry, but this is going to be LPU ONLY. Thanks for your interest, but I don't have the time now to go out and figure out a good way to ship this.

Quick Reply