Nov 12, 2001, 07:06 PM
www.dynamoelectrics.com

Where to learn how to cover?

I am looking for some instruction on covering my new Simple 400. Does anyone know of a good web site that can give me some tips?
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2001, 07:50 PM
The pretty comprehnsive instructions that come with rolls of MonoKote were sufficient for me.
..a
Nov 12, 2001, 08:07 PM
characters welcome!
The MonoKote video is available from Tower for ~$15. It's nice to see it done in front of you and be able to rewind and play back particular tips and tricks as you go.

mw
Nov 13, 2001, 03:04 AM
Squelch,
A simple 400 was my first covering attempt too, until then it was good old packing tape to the rescue, I just read the instructions on the roll, and took my time, it didn't look too good but I'm getting better, its just practice.
Grant
Nov 13, 2001, 07:11 AM
www.dynamoelectrics.com
Thanks for the info guys. I was going to use an old roll of covering a friend gave me, which did not have any instructions. But now I think I will go out and buy a new roll just for that purpose.
Thanks
Nov 17, 2001, 09:29 PM
Giddy up!
I second Groundloop. I used the Monokote video and my first covering job was pretty successful (IMHO).
Nov 17, 2001, 10:41 PM
characters welcome!
Thanks for the video, Sal!
Now I just need to finish one of these two planes...

mw
Nov 18, 2001, 09:57 AM
What's the best way to teach my wife how to cover planes? I've never covered a plane in my life (ok, that's not quite true, I dope & tissued up two peck rubber planes) but I know I don't have the skill or patience to do it right. OTOH, my wife is great with that stuff- we have a great method worked out, where I build stuff and she sands & paints it. I enjoy building, she hates it. She enjoys details & finish work, I hate it. So it works out!!

I just wonder how she'll react when I bring her beatiful monokote job back in the kit box...