the Bathrobe Kilt Toga and Kimono Fly-Ins - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 17, 2012, 12:30 PM
DAndreas is with the Fokker DVII and black goggles!
Dennis
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
Ok, I made fun of this for years not really ever understanding it. But on Sat I woke up a little early and decided to give it a shot. I didn't have a robe, so I just wrapped a towel around my waste and headed on over.

So there I was on the flight line 7:30am flying in a towel, then it hit me and it all made sense. Who wouldn't want to just wake up in a robe/towel/kilt/whatever and just go fly? It's like flying for breakfast, and it goes good with coffee.
and this is the group from saturday. I was on the flight line when people started showing up
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Sep 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
Ladyrcpilot (Carolynn) is the one in the pink footie PJ's while I'm the schmuck to her right.
Sep 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
volare est vivere
hi there from Toledo

My thanks go out to all those who participated in the BKTK Fly Ins. We had lots of fog and lots of fun. We even adopted a lost dude from the Dawn Patrol.

See you all next year.

best regards

Raymond J. Foley (the guy with the black watch robe, Tilley hat, and yellow wellies)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:45 AM
mackjordannn
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Highly Offensive Content (Immediate suspension).
Sep 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
volare est vivere

highly offensive content (immediate suspension), Wow!

hi there from Toledo

Hmmm!? One is given to wonder. Did we offend someone with our silliness? If so, my sincerest apologies.

ciao -rjf
Last edited by ray foley; Sep 21, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Sep 21, 2012, 05:58 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
In Post #28 I am the gent wearing the wizard hat (spells cast fortunes told) holding my Mountain Models Lil Bogie. My flying buddy Ron Anderson is in the brown robe and leather aviator helmet and goggles. He is holding his Park Scale Models Lil Drake.

Had a nice time. Fog layer was a bit higher that we anticipated when looking from way far down the flightline near the entrance where we were camped. Did not interfere with the flying too much!!

Hope to see everyone again next year.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew (and we did too!!)
Sep 22, 2012, 11:16 PM
D.G.B.
here you go
Sep 22, 2012, 11:27 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
The great kilt takes too bloody long to put on even in an indoor setting let alone in a tent, guess I'll throw in the bathrobe instead.
I and my wife do medieval re-enactment, as does my sister and her husband. One of the funniest thing's I've ever seen was him rolling across the ground rolling himself into his great kilt!

-K
Sep 23, 2012, 09:28 AM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray foley
hi there from Toledo

Hmmm!? One is given to wonder. Did we offend someone with our silliness? If so, my sincerest apologies.

ciao -rjf
It's America, we are free to offend. They just have to deal with it.
But seriously, it was just a spam advertising post.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Sure looks like to early morning toga, kilt, bathrobe events went well. What a hoot to see the images of those in attendance. Looks like fun was had by all!!!
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Thanks for the pictures.
Sep 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
Next year the call to fly should be bagpipes @ 7:00
Sep 24, 2012, 08:25 AM
volare est vivere
hi there fromToledo

Oh yeah, I can see it now. Fog in the valley, planes in the air, and the strident tones of a bagpiper moaning "Scotland the Brave" and scaring the bejesus out of our sleepy comrades up and down the length of the valley. Priceless.

ciao -rjf
Oct 04, 2012, 04:21 PM
D.G.B.
Scotland the Brave World Music Video.mpg (2 min 4 sec)
Oct 04, 2012, 04:31 PM
Kit Manufacturer
just gives a really scary image of them vaulting from foxhole to foxhole like their comrades in pants

(clan MacCrae)
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...