The Official Teen Chit Chat Thread (Always Off Topic) - Page 659 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:20 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
What aircraft/plane have you had the MOST fun with so far?
Well I love the way the mustang flies, but my eflite apprentice has literally NEVER failed me. Except for the one time the ESC messed up but I just put in a spare 40a I had and she has never given me a word of trouble ever since. All she needs is for me to plug in the battery and she can be handlaunched (done many times) or she will take off from the ground. I upgraded the wheels to du bro 2 1/4 inch wheels on the back and 2 1/2 on the front. It has been through STOL to grass, dirt and gravel runways, 20+ mph winds, 5 or so crashes, and rough handling. Just recently replaced the prop, it was getting a little scuffed up because it was the 1st and only prop that plane had ever had.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:22 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
Well I love the way the mustang flies, but my eflite apprentice has literally NEVER failed me. Except for the one time the ESC messed up but I just put in a spare 40a I had and she has never given me a word of trouble ever since. All she needs is for me to plug in the battery and she can be handlaunched (done many times) or she will take off from the ground. I upgraded the wheels to du bro 2 1/4 inch wheels on the back and 2 1/2 on the front.
Sounds like you like scale/sport flying... but also like a little speed as well. Maybe you should get something big, or scale and balsa? Sounds like 3D isn't where it's at for you IMHO. But yes to gliders, they fly VERY smoothly.



Dan
Feb 09, 2013, 09:26 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Sounds like you like scale/sport flying... but also like a little speed as well. Maybe you should get something big, or scale and balsa? Sounds like 3D isn't where it's at for you IMHO. But yes to gliders, they fly VERY smoothly.



Dan
Yea. That's why I think a bixler and a DLG would be good because the Bixler is quick and reliable (from what I have heard) and the DLG is smooth and relaxing.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:28 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
LowlyElevated's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
What cars do you have?
Traxxas Slash 4x4 (rear axle)
Excede RC blur 1/16 nitro (clutch)
The Excede is real crap, I burnt out two clutches in as many runs. And the clutch is always out of stock.
Slash is a lot better, but I like to run it hard
Feb 09, 2013, 09:28 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
Yea. That's why I think a bixler and a DLG would be good because the Bixler is quick and reliable (from what I have heard) and the DLG is smooth and relaxing.
Don't get a Bixler, it would be too easy for you. Try a scale model, or something big (like 70''+) for real scale flying. That Beaver that Alex built was about 80'' in wingspan and probably cost him less than what you would pay for a 300X....

DLG is amazing. I'll be sure to report back once I've flown the Binary as well - with the correct setup this time. It literally feels 1/3 as heavy as my last build.. which is a good thing!



Dan
Feb 09, 2013, 09:29 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman
Traxxas Slash 4x4 (rear axle)
Excede RC blur 1/16 nitro (clutch)
The Excede is real crap, I burnt out two clutches in as many runs. And the clutch is always out of stock.
Slash is a lot better, but I like to run it hard
Ah, the Slash 4x4 eh? Velineon power? I used to be a big Traxxas fan, had a 1/16 E-Revo VXL at one point. Wrote up an entire FAQ on it as well. Are you (were you) on the Traxxas forums?



Dan
Feb 09, 2013, 09:31 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
LowlyElevated's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Ah, the Slash 4x4 eh? Velineon power? I used to be a big Traxxas fan, had a 1/16 E-Revo VXL at one point. Wrote up an entire FAQ on it as well. Are you (were you) on the Traxxas forums?



Dan
Yeah. Velineon brushless.
Aftermarket body, custom painted by yours truly. Orange with a white stripe down the center and the number 7 on the side.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:31 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Don't get a Bixler, it would be too easy for you. Try a scale model, or something big (like 70''+) for real scale flying. That Beaver that Alex built was about 80'' in wingspan and probably cost him less than what you would pay for a 300X....

DLG is amazing. I'll be sure to report back once I've flown the Binary as well - with the correct setup this time. It literally feels 1/3 as heavy as my last build.. which is a good thing!



Dan
72".

$250, all said an done
Feb 09, 2013, 09:38 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
I have been looking at the Top Flite P-51 Mustang 60 ARF. Electric conversion running on 12s and a Hacker A60 18L and a castle ice 120hv and hitec s all around with Robart retracts
Feb 09, 2013, 09:40 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
72".

$250, all said an done
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
I have been looking at the Top Flite P-51 Mustang 60 ARF. Electric conversion running on 12s and a Hacker A60 18L
That's sooo expensive though... and the one that Alex built is bigger



Dan
Feb 09, 2013, 09:44 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Sounds great!



That's sooo expensive though... and the one that Alex built is bigger



Dan
No, the mustang is 80"
Feb 09, 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered User
helipilot23's Avatar
All 3d planes do is imatate what helis were made to do.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:48 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
No, the mustang is 80"
Not from what this says here:

SPECS: Wingspan: 64.5" (1640mm)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXTDF5



Dan
Feb 09, 2013, 09:49 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot23
All 3d planes do is imatate what helis were made to do.
You really do love helis don't you? Helis can do a lot more tricks... but both were made for separate purposes. The main similarity is that planes and helis both are FUN



Dan
Feb 09, 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered User
helipilot23's Avatar
Helis are funner *correct: More Fun*
Last edited by helipilot23; Feb 09, 2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: funner not runner


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 1375 Nov 07, 2017 01:40 AM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5755 Aug 25, 2017 12:21 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 02:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 06:03 PM