New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 29, 2012, 09:24 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Oh yeah, and is there really a big difference between the DX7s and DX6i? If I can save the $60-$100 by getting the 6i instead of the 7s without any real important features gone, I'll go for it. Plus the DX6i is smaller, lighter, and has all the memory and features I'd need. What's better about the DX7s?

Thanks!



Dan
Dec 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
scrub monkey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Yeah, I agree. But the neat tihng about the sim is that it gives one the courage to do stuff that we wouldn't DARE to do in real life.
most of the stuff i do on there i try on my normal plane. i throw them around all the same. its just i dont have a 3m extra to do the stuff on that i do on the sim. im finally going to order the gear for the parkmaster. its been sitting in the shed and mum said im not allowed to buy any more planes for a few months. id nearly forgotten about it also.
Dec 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Oh yeah, and is there really a big difference between the DX7s and DX6i? If I can save the $60-$100 by getting the 6i instead of the 7s without any real important features gone, I'll go for it. Plus the DX6i is smaller, lighter, and has all the memory and features I'd need. What's better about the DX7s?

Thanks!



Dan
Telemetry, extra channel, throttle curve on planes, 3 position flap switch, slow down for flaps, easy airware programming, sd card, 20 model internal memory, unlimited models w/ sd card, updates, quad bearing gimbals (smoother sticks), rubber grips, more servo travel, throttle activated timer (my dx8 has this and I really like it!), bigger screen, 11ms high speed mode, more wing and tail types, and I'm sure there are more that I am missing.
Dec 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Oh yeah, and is there really a big difference between the DX7s and DX6i? If I can save the $60-$100 by getting the 6i instead of the 7s without any real important features gone, I'll go for it. Plus the DX6i is smaller, lighter, and has all the memory and features I'd need. What's better about the DX7s?

Thanks!



Dan
Yea. There's is a HUGE difference bitween the 6i and the 7s. The 7s has a graph to show the curve on the sticks the expo gives it. It has a back button and a clear button, which the 6i dosent have, and and the 7s has a light to show when the radio is on (really helpful). The 7s also has the really need feature of being able to vibratin AND beep to let you know your timer is up. The 7s has WAYYYYYYY more features. If you can, get a 7s TX only for 250. (The reason I know so much about the 6i is because my brother has it and I just looked around and compared the two)

Edit:

And all of what zmonster just said
Dec 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Telemetry, extra channel, throttle curve on planes, 3 position flap switch, slow down for flaps, easy airware programming, sd card, 20 model internal memory, unlimited models w/ sd card, updates, quad bearing gimbals (smoother sticks), rubber grips, more servo travel, throttle activated timer (my dx8 has this and I really like it!), bigger screen, 11ms high speed mode, more wing and tail types, and I'm sure there are more that I am missing.
OHMYGODDDD I LOVE THE QUAD BEARING GiMBALS!!! SO SMOOOOOOTTTHHHH! It's like a baby's butt... Lol
Dec 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Telemetry, extra channel, throttle curve on planes, 3 position flap switch, slow down for flaps, easy airware programming, sd card, 20 model internal memory, unlimited models w/ sd card, updates, quad bearing gimbals (smoother sticks), rubber grips, more servo travel, throttle activated timer (my dx8 has this and I really like it!), bigger screen, 11ms high speed mode, more wing and tail types, and I'm sure there are more that I am missing.
Never used telemetry. Like to keep my eyes on the aircraft as much as possible. Throttle curves? For foamies? Isn't required for me. Advanced programming is great but not necessary also. 20 models... I'm having trouble affording two. Rubber grips? More servo travel? Don't need a throttle activated timer actually. I'm going to be flying gliders too! Bigger screen, meh. The 6J has a small screen too. High speed mode... the normal human brain has a very hard time telling the difference... as for the rest, it's all for complex setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Yea. There's is a HUGE difference bitween the 6i and the 7s. The 7s has a graph to show the curve on the sticks the expo gives it. It has a back button and a clear button, which the 6i dosent have, and and the 7s has a light to show when the radio is on (really helpful). The 7s also has the really need feature of being able to vibratin AND beep to let you know your timer is up. The 7s has WAYYYYYYY more features. If you can, get a 7s TX only for 250. (The reason I know so much about the 6i is because my brother has it and I just looked around and compared the two)

Edit:

And all of what Alex just said
Probably going to get the DX6i, sorry. DX7s is bigger, heavier, more expensive, and isn't necessary for my foamies and the light type of flying that I want to accomplish.

Thanks a lot guys!



Dan
Dec 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Oh yeah, and is there really a big difference between the DX7s and DX6i? If I can save the $60-$100 by getting the 6i instead of the 7s without any real important features gone, I'll go for it. Plus the DX6i is smaller, lighter, and has all the memory and features I'd need. What's better about the DX7s?

Thanks!



Dan
I personally think you would be JUST fine with the 6i. Your not doing intense programming. More money to get a better plane.
I've owned the 4e,5e,6i,7s,and 8.
I actually have a video coming up on the 8FG vs DX7s vs DX8.
Uploading right now.
Dec 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Ah I see Dan already made the right decision
Dec 29, 2012, 09:45 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I personally think you would be JUST fine with the 6i. Your not doing intense programming. More money to get a better plane.
I've owned the 4e,5e,6i,7s,and 8.
I actually have a video coming up on the 8FG vs DX7s vs DX8.
Uploading right now.
My thoughts EXACTLY, Alex.

Great minds think alike!



Dan
Dec 29, 2012, 09:46 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Stop posting like 3 seconds before I post! LOL!

Oooo... good, while I get the DX6i at AmainHobbies I can grab a 7x6 prop to make the Pelican even more epic



Dan
Dec 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
scrub monkey's Avatar
there is a 4i i belive also. could be wrong though. dunno how they could upgrae a 4e without making it a 5e. ill do some searching on it
Dec 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
I think you're talking about the new Spektrum surface radio.

Dan
Dec 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Never used telemetry. Like to keep my eyes on the aircraft as much as possible. Throttle curves? For foamies? Isn't required for me. Advanced programming is great but not necessary also. 20 models... I'm having trouble affording two. Rubber grips? More servo travel? Don't need a throttle activated timer actually. I'm going to be flying gliders too! Bigger screen, meh. The 6J has a small screen too. High speed mode... the normal human brain has a very hard time telling the difference... as for the rest, it's all for complex setups.



Probably going to get the DX6i, sorry. DX7s is bigger, heavier, more expensive, and isn't necessary for my foamies and the light type of flying that I want to accomplish.

Thanks a lot guys!



Dan
Sounds like you have your mind set. By the way I was listing the differences, not what I thought would be good for you.
Dec 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Sounds like you have your mind set. By the way I was listing the differences, not what I thought would be good for you.
Just ordered the DX6i and 7x6 prop.

Yeah I knew that you were listing the differences, too.



Dan
Dec 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Agressive driver
Did you seriously just rebuy a dx6i?

Welcome back to computer radios


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 1235 Feb 15, 2017 04:21 PM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5663 Dec 16, 2016 12:47 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 02:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 06:03 PM