Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Oct 14, 2012, 07:02 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
scrub monkey's Avatar
Get the raptor. They are great flyers. I dont habe one but have flown one. They are great.
Oct 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Raptor? Isn't that balsa?
Oct 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
scrub monkey's Avatar
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

Here. It is a very nice plane. So docile it is
Oct 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Just made a youtube account! Here's me flying my 33" extra in my backyard!

3DHS 33" EPP Extra flying in some wind! (5 min 5 sec)
Oct 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Looks great!
Oct 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
dont get the apc style props. they're crap. the holes are too small for even a propsaver plus they put those darn stickers on the blades of the prop. didnt it call for a 2200 3s? and a 40 AMP ESC?????
Oct 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
The hole in that prop is 6mm... and a 2200 mAH won't balance it out without tons of FPV gear. It calls for a 40A but that motor calls for a 60A and people normally run 70As in them, and I might use a 11'' prop so I'm going with a 90A, plus I couldn't find a good ESC with decent reviews on the USA warehouse that was 70A.

I might sell some of the FPV stuff and fly LOS with this beast... and record onboard. I mostly don't go out of LOS anyways, plus I'll never run 5.8 GHz on a plane that's this big and can carry 1.3 GHz stuff!

Hmmmm... decisions, decisions..

Well I'm happy with the PopWing for now!



Dan
Oct 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
The hole in that prop is 6mm... and a 2200 mAH won't balance it out without tons of FPV gear. It calls for a 40A but that motor calls for a 60A and people normally run 70As in them, and I might use a 11'' prop so I'm going with a 90A, plus I couldn't find a good ESC with decent reviews on the USA warehouse that was 70A.

I might sell some of the FPV stuff and fly LOS with this beast... and record onboard. I mostly don't go out of LOS anyways, plus I'll never run 5.8 GHz on a plane that's this big and can carry 1.3 GHz stuff!

Hmmmm... decisions, decisions..

Well I'm happy with the PopWing for now!



Dan
the hole in my apc style 14x7 prop was 3mm if that...
Oct 14, 2012, 07:52 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
I'll check the specs, I can always just drill a larger one
Oct 14, 2012, 07:53 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
I'll check the specs, I can always just drill a larger one
i did on one but it was a bit crooked. it MUST be perfect so it dosent vibrate. should have used the drill press instead.
Oct 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Right, exactly. I don't know... I might end up building a quad LOL
Oct 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
scrub monkey's Avatar
You have way too much money and time on your hands.
Oct 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Right, exactly. I don't know... I might end up building a quad LOL
if you could id do this. it would be amazing. just like mario kart!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Pedal_Kit.html
Oct 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Haha, yeah I've seen that around on the site... would be fun


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 1289 Today 08:26 PM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5702 Yesterday 06:05 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 01:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 05:03 PM