The Official Teen Chit Chat Thread (Always Off Topic) - Page 173 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Imo-gliders get a little boring. No ailerons, it just doesn't do anything. Now If you made it a night flyer.....
Are you living under a rock? Almost all gliders have ailerons. Only the really slow ones and beginner ones dont. And if you are not a purest you can get mega high speed vertical launches.
Oct 04, 2012, 06:59 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Sheesh, LOL tons of gliders are 3 ch.. the Radian, Gentle Lady, and some HK ones that I've been drooling over forever DLGs, however, are never sold with just rud/elv controls.

Dan
Oct 04, 2012, 07:09 PM
Most of the gliders ive seen are aileron-ed. i reckon ailerons are great. Only time i dont reccomend are if the person is full newby and isnt learning at a club
Oct 04, 2012, 08:02 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
The world's fastest (hobbyist) RC planes are gliders. Is 500mph boring?
Oct 04, 2012, 08:32 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
fun for awhile but yes it does get boring. thats why im now in the process of making it nitro powered. YES it is a glider wing. YES it is RUD ELV only. YES IT FLYS GOOD!!!
Oct 04, 2012, 09:31 PM
Team Heads up RC
sweet plane
Oct 04, 2012, 09:48 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Guess what new plane I got yesterday!
Oct 04, 2012, 10:18 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
Guess what new plane I got yesterday!
Multiplex Fun Cub.
Oct 04, 2012, 10:18 PM
RCG -Minus Member
The Phoenix demo did OK at the low quality setting, and was still choppy with the Helis.

Should I still look into getting it? I'm thinking a better graphics card and maybe 4GB of Ram...
Oct 04, 2012, 10:26 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude
The Phoenix demo did OK at the low quality setting, and was still choppy with the Helis.

Should I still look into getting it? I'm thinking a better graphics card and maybe 4GB of Ram...
If you're gonna get one, get realflight. Not Phoenix,
Oct 04, 2012, 10:30 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
You can't replace a graphics card in a PC I was going to do the same
Oct 04, 2012, 10:52 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Yes you can...
Oct 04, 2012, 11:34 PM
Too complicated for me to do
Oct 04, 2012, 11:51 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
I don't have a laptop. It's a Dell tower. I'm using the built-in card which isn't that great. I may even look into a faster dual core processor.

$200 is too much for RF, $120 is a stretch. I'm not financially inclined.
Oct 04, 2012, 11:52 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey
Too complicated for me to do
All you have to do is open the case, plug in the card, maybe install a driver and you are good to go.