This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Just finished running 10k! For my first time! the longest I've done before was a 6k race. I did 10k in 51:17.....my calves are sore.....
Sep 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Very impressive! My brother runs cross country... I personally am not a runner

Studying for my HAM test. I'm at 96% of the information, with 86% right out of 133 currently.

Dan
Sep 23, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
nice article! It may inspire me to eventually try FPV sometime in the future. So you got the camera from Anixs? I got the ESC (castle phoenix 35) for my current build (a big nasty) from him. HE IS AWESOME!
Sep 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Very impressive! My brother runs cross country... I personally am not a runner

Studying for my HAM test. I'm at 96% of the information, with 86% right out of 133 currently.

Dan
nice! is it hard to learn or just alot and boring?
Sep 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Yeah try FPV one day, it's totally awesome. But try it on the simulator first...

I got the camera, a 500mw vTX, and video goggles from Anixs

Dan
Sep 23, 2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Yeah try FPV one day, it's totally awesome. But try it on the simulator first...

I got the camera, a 500mw vTX, and video goggles from Anixs

Dan
yup. you mean cockpit view on phoenix?

All that stuff???!!! that's awesome! that is worth alot isn't it! If I did it i would probably buy something cheap to start atleast, maybe from hobbyking and I'd probably use it on my planes and cars.
Sep 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Yeah those goggles go for around $270 + shipping

Yeah cockpit view on Phoenix, RealFlight, or BMI Flight simulator (which is free, BTW )

Dan
Sep 23, 2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Yeah those goggles go for around $270 + shipping

Yeah cockpit view on Phoenix, RealFlight, or BMI Flight simulator (which is free, BTW )

Dan
holy smokes! he is so generous!

yup, I have phoenix, but I've never heard of BMI. Is it similar to FMS?
Sep 23, 2012, 05:32 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
holy smokes! he is so generous!

yup, I have phoenix, but I've never heard of BMI. Is it similar to FMS?
BMI is NOT FMS!!!!!

BMI and RCDP are the exact same, but with different models available:

http://rcdeskpilot.com/

R/C Desk Pilot 0.1.3 (1 min 33 sec)

Dan
Sep 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
Agressive driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Cool!

Sometimes I wish I had a hard tail, as the suspension can really steal your energy - especially on flat surfaces. It can feel "mushy".
Yeah. There is nothing like the stiffness of a roadbike, but there is also nothing like the floating feeling even over huge bumps of a bike with 8" of front and rear suspension travel
Sep 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Did you see when anixs gave away not one but TWO trasmitters!!! One was a dx6i and the other was a 9ch futaba (not sure but atleas 1g worth) i havent got anything from him but all the stuff goes to people who can use it for betterrojects than mine
Sep 23, 2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
Did you see when anixs gave away not one but TWO trasmitters!!! One was a dx6i and the other was a 9ch futaba (not sure but atleas 1g worth) i havent got anything from him but all the stuff goes to people who can use it for betterrojects than mine
yeah i did. but did you also see that he says he'll try and do more? keep your eye out! Anixs rocks!
Sep 23, 2012, 07:38 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
my mom is upsessed with me doing this...
Sep 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Awesome! It's actually pretty easy to do, and it's fun!

Which plane were you flying when that photo was taken?

Dan
Sep 23, 2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
my mom is upsessed with me doing this...
It is really easy....now i would be impressed if you could flip the tx around, so its BACKWARDS...