This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 02, 2013, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
Well yes I figured that much, but I just love it down there for some reason. I don't know...will have to see. I like living in places that are warm year round. Along with a tropical vibe to it.
You want the keys then brah
Jun 02, 2013, 09:08 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboyyy
You want the keys then brah
Oh yes the keys....must be expensive to live there though! I was searching up house prices there a couple weeks ago (don't ask... I was bored out of my mind) and the prices for houses in the keys are outrageous! Being a full scale car enthusiast (mainly Euro cars and exotics) and a RC flyer, I would rather have some money to spend on those two things!
Jun 02, 2013, 09:35 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Just pulled a pack off the charger for the Hawk Sky. Gonna go do some night flying

All this talk about warm climates is making me a little bit sweaty I mean yeah, I love heat and sun as much as anyone else, but I think I'd go nuts if the temps never got below zero...

Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Jun 02, 2013, 09:41 PM
Free Beer
RF 6.5

huckin

you know the rest.
Jun 02, 2013, 10:06 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
Just pulled a pack off the charger for the Hawk Sky. Gonna go do some night flying

All this talk about warm climates is making me a little bit sweaty I mean yeah, I love heat and sun as much as anyone else, but I think I'd go nuts if the temps never got below zero...

Omg. Lol
Jun 02, 2013, 10:15 PM
Airliner Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀

I heard one year you guys had a record low and the following summer broke a record of something in the 90s
Jun 02, 2013, 10:26 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Im toying with the idea of a RC conversion for one of these, after watching cale's attempts with the cessna.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-cut-GUI703LC
I already have 2S micro gear from my wrecked Sbach, so I won't have to buy new electronics for it.
Jun 02, 2013, 10:43 PM
Free Beer
IMO i wouldnt do the edge. it has yet to be tested. however keep a few things in mind. 1: my cessna is super underpowered and barely flys at all. 2: adding ailerons will be very difficult. they will have to be built into the wing. 3: battery placement and how you mount the battery is crucial for the structure and cg and easy access. 3: try to find micro film covering. dont mess with the EVIL tissue. its so fragile and annoying. 4: make sure the pushrods dont bind at all. any unwanted tenson on them WILL cause them to either move slowly or not work at all. 5: do a conversion on a high wing plane. for you first one i recomend the guillows lancer or javelin. 6: keep it as light as possible. 7: try not to add weight for CG reasons.

this one: http://www.guillow.com/lancer.aspx

or any of these: http://www.guillow.com/series900.aspx (these will be fast on brushless )

ive built more guillows planes than anyone on this thread im sure of it too. if you have any questions feel free to ask me bro.

peace...
Jun 02, 2013, 11:58 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Here's a quick video of the Jacob's Ladder in operation. It works much better in the house (consistent arcs along the full rod length), but with people and pets wandering around I prefer to keep it outside.

Jacob's Ladder with MOT (0 min 35 sec)

The MicroSD card I've got in my camera is too slow to record HD video, and even at 640x480 it seems to drop frames and have issues with the video getting ahead of the sound. It's kind of obvious in this one... So I definitely need to upgrade
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Jun 03, 2013, 04:51 AM
Andres
Awesome bro!

-Andres
Jun 03, 2013, 05:07 AM
Andres
I just found out that the standard size at my field is within the 40" to 60" ws range..... so I will be ok for a (long ) while but when I get into bigger planes (gonna be a long time though......the field might even be bigger by then ) like 60"+ ws I might now be able to fly there if nothing changes.

-Andres
Jun 03, 2013, 06:51 AM
It'll be fineee...
Found a good deal on an electric 71" slick..
Jun 03, 2013, 07:22 AM
laugh at me all ya want buy im setting up adsense acount on youtube for money rcgirl any ideas? btw how did you get that parkzone extra to hover!!!??? i have one just sitting around becuase it wouldnt do 3d whats your setup?
Last edited by caseydood4; Jun 03, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Jun 03, 2013, 07:44 AM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383
Wow that is one BIG plane!

How do all of you with these large planes transport them to the field?!?!
Jun 03, 2013, 07:52 AM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383
from who? i know a guy selling his. there aint a dent or scratch on it. it looks better now than when he built it. i swear.

Quick Reply