The Official Teen Chit Chat Thread (Always Off Topic) - Page 125 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 08, 2012, 02:25 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Is this a good deal? I want something I can fly outdoors on my lawn or street and can handle a bit of wind, so probably not a coaxial. I have an mcx and can fly it well

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...AdIdZ409527367
Sep 08, 2012, 02:29 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
dskuro95's Avatar
Do u think this is good for my first review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95
Overall you think it is pretty good though???
Sep 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
dskuro95's Avatar
I have one. You cannot fly it if someone sneezes! It cannot handle any wind. That is a good deal though. If you want I can sell you mine with 2 batteries, 4 port charger, spare parts, Spektrum dx6i all for $80 bucks and i still have the original box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki
Is this a good deal? I want something I can fly outdoors on my lawn or street and can handle a bit of wind, so probably not a coaxial. I have an mcx and can fly it well

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...AdIdZ409527367
Sep 08, 2012, 02:43 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskuro95
I have one. You cannot fly it if someone sneezes! It cannot handle any wind. That is a good deal though. If you want I can sell you mine with 2 batteries, 4 port charger, spare parts, Spektrum dx6i all for $80 bucks and i still have the original box!
Thanks! that's a really great offer, but I'm only interested in it if it can handle some wind. my MCX just gets blown away. i still want a MINI i think, but something I can fly at a park
Edit: I think a mini would be best for outdoor use. Some recommendations with only mcx experience? I do have phoenix though.
Last edited by Jeremy Kamutzki; Sep 08, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Sep 08, 2012, 03:42 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
dskuro95's Avatar
I would get a helimax fp 200. here is the link! Hey if you want mine for indoor and the helimax for outdoor thats still good!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXBNPF

If you can get them BNF I can sell you the transmitter(i have that heli but have 2 transmitters for it) let me know I'll sell it to ya cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki
Thanks! that's a really great offer, but I'm only interested in it if it can handle some wind. my MCX just gets blown away. i still want a MINI i think, but something I can fly at a park
Edit: I think a mini would be best for outdoor use. Some recommendations with only mcx experience? I do have phoenix though.
Sep 08, 2012, 03:57 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
OMG OMG OMG DO NOT EVER GET A HELIMAX!!!!!!!

They're super fragile and seem to have tons of issues! Both zanek and I have had terrible experiences with HeliMax helis...

Just saying, it's up to you though



Dan
Sep 08, 2012, 04:09 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
OMG OMG OMG DO NOT EVER GET A HELIMAX!!!!!!!

They're super fragile and seem to have tons of issues! Both zanek and I have had terrible experiences with HeliMax helis...

Just saying, it's up to you though



Dan
LOL, I don't think I was gonna. I really want a Spektrum compatible one.

Is this a good deal and is the 120 sr good for outdoors?

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...AdIdZ409298835
Sep 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
The 120SR is great, it's even bigger than the mCPX V2 and can fly outdoors, but not in much wind.
Sep 08, 2012, 04:14 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Is $75 a good deal?
Sep 08, 2012, 04:19 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
Is it BNF or RTF?
Sep 08, 2012, 04:28 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
FUN FLY COMPILATION: Rocket (EPIC EDIT)

FUN FLY COMPILATION :: Rocket (EPIC EDIT) (4 min 8 sec)




Dan
Sep 08, 2012, 06:45 PM
ski bum in training
addictedtoplanes's Avatar
jeremy, get an mcpx2. they are amazing!!!!!! with the as3x it is soooooo steady in the wind!!!!!
Sep 08, 2012, 06:50 PM
Registered User
Wel ive got two weeks holiday an a week or so, so i am going to start designing a profile balsa plane for use with the 60 fsr. Does anybody know the ratios for a rough aerofiol. O think thicknes was 18% of the chord at 1/3 back from le. That is what i think i read some where
Sep 08, 2012, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
OMG OMG OMG DO NOT EVER GET A HELIMAX!!!!!!!

They're super fragile and seem to have tons of issues! Both zanek and I have had terrible experiences with HeliMax helis...

Just saying, it's up to you though



Dan
Youre not the only one
Sep 08, 2012, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347145423.246823.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 138.1 KB
Description:

Been a good day


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GENERAL CHIT CHAT - advice, videos, cool stuff, new toys, reports, articles, ideas AussieJarred Dynamic Soaring 1375 Nov 07, 2017 01:40 AM
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5755 Aug 25, 2017 12:21 PM
Contest Chit Chat Thread With one Rule: You must reply to poster above you and be relevant! HoaRC Chit Chat 25 Aug 08, 2013 02:48 AM
Discussion General Chit Chat...... Keenan smith RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 38 May 28, 2012 06:03 PM