This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 22, 2012, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
Oh woops lol missed a zero *facepalm*
Aug 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
Thread OP
I always wrote facepalm too..,.but it didnt make any sense.
So I switched to foreheadpalm
Aug 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Nah, faceslap
Aug 22, 2012, 10:32 PM
Thread OP
That hurts though!!!
Aug 22, 2012, 10:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
I always wrote facepalm too..,.but it didnt make any sense.
So I switched to foreheadpalm
Say that 10x fast
Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Thread OP
Floridalm
Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Quit bickering! LOL
Aug 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
Suspended Account
Jersey accent- whatchu toilking about boiiii?!!! LOL
Aug 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
Jersey accent- whatchu toilking about boiiii?!!! LOL
New Joisey?
Aug 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
Thread OP
Snookie
Aug 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Aww gawd.... That Thing's having a baby...
Aug 22, 2012, 11:18 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Make it full fuse before the tail feathers this time.
Well, I specifically built it like that because I like the look. If I wanted it covered, I would have covered it

The original idea was to build a plane that looked like it was pulled straight from a WWI documentary but could fly like a pylon racer or very fast sport aerobat. The open tail slows it down a little, but it really helps the effect.

I also carved and painted a Snoopy pilot figure for it, but he just sat on top of the wing and it looked a little awkward.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Aug 23, 2012, 07:45 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Aww gawd.... That Thing's having a baby...
! God help us all........
Aug 23, 2012, 07:46 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
Well, I specifically built it like that because I like the look. If I wanted it covered, I would have covered it

The original idea was to build a plane that looked like it was pulled straight from a WWI documentary but could fly like a pylon racer or very fast sport aerobat. The open tail slows it down a little, but it really helps the effect.

I also carved and painted a Snoopy pilot figure for it, but he just sat on top of the wing and it looked a little awkward.
Oh ok. So, what's up with putting iron crosses and swasticas on "stik" planes?
Aug 23, 2012, 08:14 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Nobody puts swastikas on Stiks. The only place for those is on scale aircraft that were used by the Nazi party during WWII because they're era-authentic markings, almost like the hot women on P-51s (I think America did it better).

The iron cross (Maltese cross) is something totally different. It's just the basic marking for Luftwaffe aircraft (German air force). Still in use today, though it's acquired more of a straight-edged "+" shape versus the sort of flared look we see on planes from the early 20th century.

I'm not actually sure where the basic Stik concept came from, but evidently it's German in origin and evidently someone liked the color red. I'm sure there's some history somewhere behind it.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!

Quick Reply