This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 06, 2013, 05:13 PM
F3K all day
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
COOL! A real one, I'm assuming. Catch any thermals?

Dan
And yes it was real. Sadly not much lift, but the guy i flew with has been up to 39500 feet!! And flown 9 hrs and almost 500 miles on a cross country flight. Its pretty awesome.
I have to say, it more exciting than RC! Im gonna go maiden my funjet now
Jan 06, 2013, 05:18 PM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman
Well we were towed to 3500 feet, but the air was very still. Even if there was a big thermal, i was just learning how to do turns and stuff, thermals were too hard to do today. The flight was 35 min. Plus i get motion sickness and thermal turs pulling 1.5 Gs would be bad. It is supposed to go away as i fly more. Maybe after 4 hours in the plane i will not get sick. I did stall it, but on puropse. It stalled at 38 knots, but we went up to 60 max. It can go i think 130 before the wings flutter.
pretty simple eh. just like an rc plane. bank and yank! i took a ride in my(cousin or uncle im not sure which) lancair 360 and like 1/2 way through the flight he said im going to take some pictures fly the plane. its actually pretty easy. he told me to keep it at 3000 feet so i did. it was fun! i flew till he took over to land it too!
Jan 06, 2013, 05:58 PM
F3K all day
Nice. Gliders need rudder to turn because ailerons make it yaw the opposite direction your turning.
Well the funjet maiden went well. The elevator D/R needed adjusting so we brought it down. 2nd throw it fishtailed and flipped over. Luckily i didnt turn on the motor so it wAs fine. Third throw, it did the same thing, but after the motor was on. I turned off the motor before it crashed, but the speed was too much And the plane couldnt take it. The fuse cracked across the middle in front of the wing. Well thats what foam is for! Its not like i crashed a concept x2. ($1400 molded dlg)
Jan 06, 2013, 06:17 PM
F3K all day
Flying lawnmower (1 min 50 sec)

What did i just see?
Jan 06, 2013, 06:29 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
I flew the mustang really well today it is so much planes. I think we can all agree on this one. BIGGER FLIES BETTER!
Jan 06, 2013, 06:37 PM
Slopes!!!!!
It is so much planes? Can you... umm, put that into English for us?

Cool! Glad to hear. Now I just need to get my Edge up and flying, my largest plane! What's the wingspan on your Mustang?

Video???

Dan
Jan 06, 2013, 06:56 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
I'm getting close to being done my biggest plane (38" I think, lol) I can't wait to fly it!
Jan 06, 2013, 07:02 PM
license to fly!
Quote:
Well we were towed to 3500 feet, but the air was very still. Even if there was a big thermal, i was just learning how to do turns and stuff, thermals were too hard to do today. The flight was 35 min. Plus i get motion sickness and thermal turs pulling 1.5 Gs would be bad. It is supposed to go away as i fly more. Maybe after 4 hours in the plane i will not get sick. I did stall it, but on puropse. It stalled at 38 knots, but we went up to 60 max. It can go i think 130 before the wings flutter.
gliders are awesome.
Jan 06, 2013, 07:53 PM
F3K all day
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb
gliders are awesome.
All i need is 3k to get my license
Jan 06, 2013, 07:58 PM
F3K all day
here are the glider pics i got
Jan 06, 2013, 07:58 PM
license to fly!
Quote:
All i need is 3k to get my license
im getting mine next summer i have a job at the airport
Jan 06, 2013, 08:06 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Quote:
Same height for me. I climbed 600 ft.

I thoroughly enjoyed the turbulence and G's.
Latest blog entry: Nall in the Fall '21
Jan 06, 2013, 08:30 PM
F3K all day
i didn't, i get motion sickness!
zeb did you get the money from working at the airport?
Jan 06, 2013, 09:18 PM
license to fly!
Quote:
i didn't, i get motion sickness!
zeb did you get the money from working at the airport?
no, free lesions
Jan 06, 2013, 09:34 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
The guy that sold me my 71" slick gave me a 6s 3700mah 25c battery today!

Quick Reply