This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman
yeah i dont know any teengers that fly rc in my area.
Same
Dec 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
At least where I live there's always a park around that's generally suitable for flying... but time is another big one, yes.
Dec 02, 2012, 05:57 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Sweet! I'd recommend the mcpX first though They're indestructable... Lol, I have a friend with one and I fly his
He said he recommends getting something bigger because they handle wind better and I want something with a flybar for extra stability since it will be my first heli of substancial size...
Dec 02, 2012, 05:58 PM
Free Beer
Quote:
Sweet! I'd recommend the mcpX first though They're indestructable... Lol, I have a friend with one and I fly his
kidding right! i cant fly mine without breaking it! mine barely flys as it is!
Dec 02, 2012, 05:59 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Ugg yeah the mCPX costs so much in parts... links are like $12! For a tiny heli that's a lot. If you want, you can always go right in between with like a 250 or something. But practice a LOT on the simulator first!

Dan
Dec 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
Hahaha im about to order 6 11x5.5 APC-E props lol they had a quantity discount at tower lol. I foresee a lot of broken props. lol :P
Dec 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Ugg yeah the mCPX costs so much in parts... links are like $12! For a tiny heli that's a lot. If you want, you can always go right in between with like a 250 or something. But practice a LOT on the simulator first!

Dan
i plan on getting a HK450 next summer cuz i have everything for it except the gyro and motor. but yeah i want that cuz parts are dirt cheap for it.
Dec 02, 2012, 06:08 PM
F3K all day
I live 1 min by walking from a huge field that is next to a 1500 foot mountain with no houses. I live next to a pretty big park
Dec 02, 2012, 06:09 PM
license to fly!
i want a 3DHS slick but cant afford it
Dec 02, 2012, 06:10 PM
F3K all day
Quote:
Same
Its definitely a loner hobby/ sport. Hahah
Dec 02, 2012, 06:12 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
At least with the younger generation. I'm the youngest flying member of the club right now... There is a 8-year-old who flies but he doesn't like it, and only flies because his dad pushes him to
Dec 02, 2012, 06:23 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman
Its definitely a loner hobby/ sport. Hahah
Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09
At least with the younger generation. I'm the youngest flying member of the club right now... There is a 8-year-old who flies but he doesn't like it, and only flies because his dad pushes him to
I'm not in a club...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebtqb
i want a 3DHS slick but cant afford it
Get one used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
kidding right! i cant fly mine without breaking it! mine barely flys as it is!
Really? My buddies had no problems... Oh well
Dec 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Anybody need a battery for their radio? I've got a 1500 mAH 3S Li-Fe pack that my DX5e doesn't use, but it's meant for radios. Basically brand new, only used for testing and nothing more. $21 shipped

Dan
Dec 02, 2012, 06:56 PM
license to fly!
Quote:

Get one used?

where? haha
Dec 02, 2012, 06:58 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Buy a 3DHS foam plane. What's your budget? If you're not huge into 3D then a 3DHS plane really isn't necessary, something from TwistedHobbys or FancyFoam will suit you fine.

Dan

Quick Reply