This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 01, 2012, 09:01 PM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
This is gonna be my setup for the epp extra:

130g omega brusless motor

Whatever prop is reccomended (I think it is a 14x6 or something)

Dynam 50a ESC (LOL i dont have the money for those fancy expensive escs and i have used dynams in the past and they work AWESOME

Solar 12g digital servos

AR6100 or a AR400 or a 6channer ORANGE RX with a satellite extention

2200mah 20c 3s turnigy lipo (I LUV turnigy packs they are super reliable)
14x7 prop and get the turnigy plush 60 amp esc. i have one on my epp extra and i love it.
Oct 01, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thread OP
Id get a 30C pack if I were you.
Oct 01, 2012, 09:07 PM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Id get a 30C pack if I were you.
eh 2200 shme200 smae thing... dont matter with this size plane for me.(now incoming comments about how im wrong)
Oct 01, 2012, 09:12 PM
It'll be fineee...
Look who was staring at me while I was trying to do my homework.. Lol Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349143993.837703.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 138.1 KB
Description:
Oct 01, 2012, 09:19 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383
Look who was staring at me while I was trying to do my homework.. Lol Attachment 5200554
awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Oct 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
eh 2200 shme200 smae thing... dont matter with this size plane for me.(now incoming comments about how im wrong)
Uh can you fix your typos IdK what your trying to say!
Oct 01, 2012, 09:26 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
A pack with a higher discharge rating ("C" rating) has less internal resistance than one with a lower rating, so its voltage will sag less for a given amount of current draw. That means you get more RPMs and power when you punch the throttle.

Having said that, C ratings are sort of fishy business with regard to how they're determined and exactly what they mean.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Oct 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
A pack with a higher discharge rating ("C" rating) has less internal resistance than one with a lower rating, so its voltage will sag less for a given amount of current draw. That means you get more RPMs and power when you punch the throttle.

Having said that, C ratings are sort of fishy business with regard to how they're determined and exactly what they mean.
They're also fishy as manufacturers tend to fake high ratings. Read reviews .
Oct 01, 2012, 09:49 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
What it tends to boil down to, for those wondering, is that there's no concrete way to measure a C rating the way you can measure voltage or capacity. This lets the manufacturers slap a number on the pack and then just expect that the modeler won't know any better. Those manufacturers know that people will pay more for higher C ratings, but they also know that if they take cells capable of 15C discharge and call them 65C cells, someone will accidentally blow one up well within specs and cry foul.

Some folks have the equipment needed to measure internal resistance, while others (like me) just set benchmark voltages and currents and then base their own C rating system off those to keep them constant across different brands.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Oct 01, 2012, 09:52 PM
Thread OP
Can you share your "true" C ratings with us so we know what to get?
Oct 01, 2012, 09:58 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Can you share your "true" C ratings with us so we know what to get?
There are no true C ratings. It's kind of a guess.
Oct 01, 2012, 10:44 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
For some reason I keep going back to gas vs electric on a 30cc... What do y'all think?
Oct 01, 2012, 10:57 PM
You know your are addicted to planes when you randomly find lipos in your blankets on your bed
Oct 01, 2012, 11:22 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dhsedge41er
You know your are addicted to planes when you randomly find lipos in your blankets on your bed
Well kids, when one lipo loves another lipo.....
Oct 02, 2012, 05:36 AM
Free Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
They're also fishy as manufacturers tend to fake high ratings. Read reviews .
thats why they're ll the same to me.

Quick Reply