NEAT Night Flying!!! - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 05, 2012, 07:41 PM
When pigs fly rc
Crash hope you make it I enjoy your night flyers.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2012, 11:42 AM
dr.E- Thanks for reminding me! We'll try to fit our 13.5" Newtonian reflector telescope in (it's the size of a water heater) You can see the rings of Saturn with this baby!
Sep 08, 2012, 08:15 AM
We were going to bring our 8" Dob, but decided to pack the little 4.5" Meade cat., instead, because of the space.

CD
Sep 08, 2012, 09:13 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
If anyone is intersted I'm selling a Celestron 4in Maksutov with Go To for $235.00
Sep 18, 2012, 03:38 PM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
Did they ever retrieve the plane that got stuck in the trees Friday night ? Looked to be about 1/3 up the hillside.

It was ALL fun to watch. I thought this one was cool. I'm gonna try something like it for next year.
Sep 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
Any photos/video from Saturday night?
Latest blog entry: J-TEC Extra 300 3.2M
Sep 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
When pigs fly rc
I had a great time at night flying the alien.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
I had a great time at night flying the alien.
Ah, I was the one with the nutball next to you. Did you find that wire?
Sep 18, 2012, 08:12 PM
When pigs fly rc
No not yet
You did good with the Nutball!
Sep 18, 2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
No not yet
You did good with the Nutball!
Thanks! You didn't seem to do too horribly with yours, either!

http://techfixx.com/

I had the 28 gauge, but I'd consider the 30. I normally take the two wires and spin them in a drill. Makes them super neat, and really strong.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:45 PM
How high will it go?
Just letting you know now, I am stepping up my game next year. So enjoy the fruits now, muhahaha.

But seriously, even though I didn't win, that was one of the best contests so far. Nice work.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
Just letting you know now, I am stepping up my game next year. So enjoy the fruits now, muhahaha.

But seriously, even though I didn't win, that was one of the best contests so far. Nice work.
Hey, I was pretty happy with two pops and a touch. If I hadn't broken one of the blades on my folding prop (and had to run back to camp for repairs) I might have done better. However, there's always next year

What an awesome contest!

Rob
Sep 18, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hey, it all worked out. Wrecked my Dad's plane in the contest, and won a replacement. He said he likes the replacement a bit more, so that's a plus.
Sep 19, 2012, 09:41 PM
How high will it go?
You top three guys were pretty nuts with the pops. If I missed the first opportunity, you guys went right behind me and popped. I had 7 touches and 2 pops and did not place. But the whole thing was just so much fun this year.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
You top three guys were pretty nuts with the pops. If I missed the first opportunity, you guys went right behind me and popped. I had 7 touches and 2 pops and did not place. But the whole thing was just so much fun this year.
Yeah, luckily I grabbed a few props, and had Pat to help me out. I went though at least 6 props, it was insane.

I don't think I've had more fun with an R/C plane, though.